Fender Tune is the 5-star rated, precision tuner app for guitar, bass and ukulele from the most trusted name in guitars, Fender®. Accurately tune your instrument with Fender Tune’s easy-to-use interface, perfect for all musicians from beginners to pros.
PRECISE & CUSTOMIZABLE TUNING MODES
How it works:
Auto-Tune Mode - Pluck a string and the tuner listens to the note to guide you to a perfect pitch. A string-by-string diagram guides the selected tuning.
Manual Tune Mode - Tap a string on the interactive Fender headstock to hear the note and tune your acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass or ukulele.
Chromatic Mode - The tuner recognizes each of the 12 chromatic (semitone) steps of the equal-tempered scale, allowing you to tune to any note on the scale.
Preset Tunings - 26 tunings available, including: Standard (EADGBE), Open G, Drop D, Open D and Drop C.
Custom Tunings - Create your own custom tunings and save to your Fender Connect personal profile for easy access.
INTRODUCING TUNE PLUS: THE ULTIMATE ALL-IN-ONE PRACTICE TOOLKIT
Looking for more than a standard guitar tuner? For a limited time, sign-up to gain full access to Tune Plus - the largest suite of FREE guitar-playing resources in a mobile app. No credit card required. Get more out of your practice with interactive guitar chords and scales, built-in customizable drum beats, advanced precision tuning capabilities, a metronome and more. All you need is the Fender Tune app and your instrument.
5000 INTERACTIVE GUITAR CHORDS
Discover new sonic possibilities with Fender’s dynamic guitar chord library which creates any chord pattern, with multiple shape variations, anywhere on the neck.
• Interact with over 5000 guitar chords by dragging your finger across the diagram to hear the chord before you play.
• Get chord diagrams and finger placement for every chord variation in any position
• Browse through curated collections of chords or find a chord by searching for a note
• Includes chords for six-string guitar only
2000 INTERACTIVE GUITAR SCALES
Fender’s dynamic scale library improves your lead playing by quickly teaching complex scales with easy-to-understand visuals.
• Hear how over 2000 guitar scales sound before you play them by pressing down on each note of the interactive scale diagrams.
• Find scale diagrams and patterns for any variation, flavor and key - anywhere on the fretboard.
• Includes scales for six-string guitar only
DRUM TRACKS & METRONOME
Improve your playing and have more fun practicing with a flexible drum kit based on an authentic acoustic drum kit designed for Fender.
• Choose from 65 unique one-touch, pre-programmed drum rhythms across 7 genres (Rock, Blues, Jazz, Metal, Funk/R&B, Country/Folk and World) including: 90s Rock, Chicago Bounce, Kingston Groove and many more.
• Select your tempo and customize your time signature to practice with any rhythm
• Also features standard metronome mode to help you stay in time.
Tune your guitar, bass or ukulele with greater visual precision and flexibility
• Get real-time visual feedback to find the exact tuning you're seeking
• Explore more tuning styles with exact cents and hertz reference
• Choose from 40 different non-standard tuning references from A=420Hz to A=460Hz
• 8 tutorial videos teach you the basics of tuning your instrument
• The intermediate guide provides tips for training your ear and using Chromatic Mode
Since 1946, Fender® has set the standard for expertly crafted, high-performance instruments and audio equipment. Fender Digital, a new digital products division, is extending the vision with a precise and easy-to-use guitar, bass and ukulele tuner iPhone app.
-Bug fixes & improvements
Ratings and Reviews
It’s fender quality for fender guitars
It does what it should do and more to help beginning guitar players get a feel for their new guitar. I’m assuming the reviewers finding problems with the auto tuner have bad mic quality in their phones, or are plucking the strings sloppily, coupled that with the finicky auto tuner feature with the app itself. A good tip for those using the auto tuner to save time: if the tuner is giving you weird and mixed responses, don’t continue to tighten or loosen up the strings or else you’ll accidentally break your string because the auto tuner is stuck on telling you your string is too flat. Check instead with the manual tuner to see where you’re at with tuning your guitar and then go back to the auto tuner. Hopefully this helps you keep your guitar in proper condition and save you the hassle of buying more strings. Waste more time being careful with the tuner instead of wasting money buying new strings.
Quick and clean tune each time works for me!
Out of tune never works. I've never developed an ear for tuning just right. I have an old dreadnaught with medium gauge "oh-maybe-nylon wrapped with metal" strings or something -- I threw the package away -- all from before the dawn of time. I get an excellent tune in about 2 minutes with Fender-tune. I've little experience with the broad range of options out there. I'm too busy playing my guitar to look far right now. I'm so ashamed -- but not really -- this product works very well for now. What I mostly need is perhaps the ability to quickly tune to a better frequency -- but later -- for now I play for pleasure, and this product gives me more pleasure than any electronic tuner I've used. When well tuned, my guitar nearly plays itself.
Works mostly fine
I use this app to tune my guitar occasionally, and usually it works fine, but only when I do it using the manual. The auto tuner which is the tuner that tells you when you have the right note does not work very well. For example, say I tune my guitar down a half step then I want to go back to standard tuning, so I use the tuner and it says that I have the right note for each one, then I go back through each note and it says “tune up” or “tune down”. That being said, the manual tuner is a great tool. With the manual tuner you just press the string on the screen and then it will play the sound so then you would try to match your string to that sound. It is good because it is reliable and you just have to listen to it and figure out if you have the right note, which helps train your brain so eventually you won’t need a tuner anymore. So the automatic tuner doesn’t work very well, but the manual tuner is a great tool. Overall it’s a fine app.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
- Other Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Fender Digital, LLC
- 139 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
- In-App Purchases
- Player Pack $4.99
- Pro Tuner $0.99
- Chords $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.