Extremely accurate, clean interface and convenient weather app which is widely customizable to your preferences.
5 REASONS TO CHOOSE FORECA:
1) FORECAST ACCURACY: Foreca is ranked the most accurate weather provider in rain forecasts globally. In general weather forecasts, Foreca has long been the most accurate especially in Europe, and is also placed among the top providers globally.*
2) VERSATILE FEATURES: Unlike other weather apps, Foreca provides all the Premium features for free.
3) CUSTOMIZABLE VIEWS: Choose what weather information you want to see in the app from the wide selection of weather parameters available. You can also hide the information you don’t need as some of the parameters might be irrelevant to you, or beneficial only in winter or summer, for example.
4) CLEAN AND CONVENIENT: Our principle has always been to invest in the clarity of weather data to make the app easy and convenient to use. This has also been praised by our users.
5) SERVICE QUALITY: We respond personally to all the feedback and support requests we get, because we want to continuously develop the app according to your wishes.
PREMIUM FEATURES – ALL AVAILABLE FOR FREE!
– Extremely accurate and convenient radar with radar forecast for the next few hours**
– Governmental weather warnings**
– Rain notifications**
– Current conditions calculated into your exact location
– Measurement results of the nearest official weather stations
– Weather observation history – your time machine to past hours, days and years
– Meteogram with showers and continuous rain separated
– Editable home screen widgets
– Dark theme and light theme
– Theme color options
– Optional weather symbol set
– Past forecast for the current day
– Active hurricanes nearby the USA
FREELY CUSTOMIZABLE VIEWS AND WEATHER PARAMETERS BY HOURLY, DAILY AND AS GRAPHS:
– Temperature and weather symbols (°C, °F)
– Feels like
– Chance of precipitation (%)
– Hourly amount of rain, mixed and snowfall (mm, in)
– Total rainfall (24h water value: mm, in)
– Total snowfall (24h snow value: cm, in)
– Wind direction (arrow, icon or cardinal direction)
– 10-minute average wind speed (m/s, km/h, mph, Bft, kn)
– Max wind speed in gusts
– Relative humidity (%)
– Atmospheric pressure (hPa, inHg, mmHg, mbar)
– Dew point (°C, °F)
– Probability of thunderstorm (%)
– UV index
– Air quality index, AQI
– Daily sunshine hours (hh:mm)
– Day length
– Sunrise time
– Sunset time
– Moonrise time
– Moonset time
– Moon phases
ANIMATED WEATHER MAPS:
– Rain radar and accurate radar forecast for the next few hours**
– 24-hour rain forecast map in hourly steps
– 3 day weather map with atmospheric pressure (isobars) and rain
– Satellite images map in hourly steps
– Cloudiness forecast map in hourly steps
– Location search – all location names worldwide
– One-time positioning and continuous tracking
– Weather in your favorite locations
– Choose your start page (tab in the app)
– Adjust the speed of the map animation
– Share the weather with your friends
– Info/user guide
– Feedback channel and app support
– Time format (12h/24h)
– 12h tai 24h aikamuoto
– 15 languages supported
*) Based on 3rd party reporting, where forecasts are continuously being verified against the real observations from the official weather stations globally.
**) Country-specific limitations
• Added two new graphs to the daily tab: hourly Air Quality Index and UV index. You can enable these new graphs by tapping the More+ button at the bottom of the Daily tab.
• Fixed a rare bug with the air pressure map.
You can send us feedback from the settings.
Ratings and Reviews
For days, I’ve been searching for a reliable weather app. From apps with hidden subscription models, to flat-out crazy prices for radar and such, this app kills all those concepts. We have here an app that brings everything I need, hourly forecast, radar, meteogram and a widget with hour to hour. The app also uses stations near your location, and never bombards you with ads. The only ad I’ve seen were the bars that show up on the bottom. For 3 dollars a year if I remember, you can remove the ads and be left with a clean, working weather app. Apps like carrot have a one time free with even more tiers to buy after, and the other apps like TWC charge crazy for simple gimmicks that are free on this app. This is great for local weather, and I really wish for the best to the developers of this app. I only would like to customize the widget more, like being able to choose what to see on the widget. All in all, I’m sticking with this apps, thanks to being cheap and having literally everything I’m looking for in a weather app.
Simple, customizable, loads of data, and ACCURATE
I feel like I’ve spent years looking for a good, straightforward weather app. Most are loaded with ads, weighed down with flashy features and marketing gimmicks, use oversimplified data, or give forecasts and conditions that don’t even remotely match up with the real world. (I live in coastal Virginia only a few miles from the ocean, so accurate weather is both important and hard to come by.)
Foreca actually works. There are 3 screens with all the info you’d need: daily forecasts, hourly, and a very nice graph view for another perspective on the hourly. You can CUSTOMIZE the metrics shown on each screen so they show what you want. It somehow found a weather station a mile from my house that no other weather app knows about, so I’m at last getting realistic stats. And whatever models they use for forecasting work pretty darn well most of the time. Thank you Foreca.
A Pleasant Surprise
I’ve been so ticked off about The Weather Channel and the various apps they’ve bought and lobotomized that I had given up hope of finding one that was useful. I stumbled across this because my car manufacturer wisely dumped the TWC dash app in favor of this one, so I looked into it. I like it so much that I added their website to my PC bookmarks. It’s not perfect, but it is uncluttered with minimal ad intrusion and very easy to find what you need. Like most apps out there, I wish it showed weather fronts on their maps. It has predictive radar, but the times jump in 3 hour increments. The map zoom feature is pretty limited, and there are no weather descriptions or discussions. Still, I like the information presented and hope the developers continue to improve this product.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your nice feedback! :) Yes, we are going to develop our app (and website) continuously.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Foreca Oy
- 62 MB
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © Foreca
- In-App Purchases
- Ad-free version (12 months) $2.99
- Ad-free version (3 months) $0.99