Foreca Weather & Radar 4+
Weather and the best radar
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Extremely accurate, clean interface and convenient weather app which is widely customizable to your preferences.
5 REASONS TO CHOOSE FORECA:
1) FORECAST ACCURACY: Foreca is ranked the most accurate weather provider in rain forecasts globally. In general weather forecasts, Foreca has long been the most accurate especially in Europe, and is also placed among the top providers globally.*
2) VERSATILE FEATURES: Unlike other weather apps, Foreca provides all the Premium features for free.
3) CUSTOMIZABLE VIEWS: Choose what weather information you want to see in the app from the wide selection of weather parameters available. You can also hide the information you don’t need as some of the parameters might be irrelevant to you, or beneficial only in winter or summer, for example.
4) CLEAN AND CONVENIENT: Our principle has always been to invest in the clarity of weather data to make the app easy and convenient to use. This has also been praised by our users.
5) SERVICE QUALITY: We respond personally to all the feedback and support requests we get, because we want to continuously develop the app according to your wishes.
PREMIUM FEATURES – ALL AVAILABLE FOR FREE!
– Extremely accurate and convenient radar with radar forecast for the next few hours**
– Governmental weather warnings**
– Rain notifications**
– Current conditions calculated into your exact location
– Measurement results of the nearest official weather stations
– Weather observation history – your time machine to past hours, days and years
– Meteogram with showers and continuous rain separated
– Editable home screen widgets
– Dark theme and light theme
– Theme color options
– Optional weather symbol set
– Past forecast for the current day
– Active hurricanes nearby the USA
– Lock Screen widgets
FREELY CUSTOMIZABLE VIEWS AND WEATHER PARAMETERS BY HOURLY, DAILY AND AS GRAPHS:
– Temperature and weather symbols (°C, °F)
– Feels like
– Chance of precipitation (%)
– Hourly amount of rain, mixed and snowfall (mm, in)
– Total rainfall (24h water value: mm, in)
– Total snowfall (24h snow value: cm, in)
– Wind direction (arrow, icon or cardinal direction)
– 10-minute average wind speed (m/s, km/h, mph, Bft, kn)
– Max wind speed in gusts
– Relative humidity (%)
– Atmospheric pressure (hPa, inHg, mmHg, mbar)
– Dew point (°C, °F)
– Probability of thunderstorm (%)
– UV index
– Air quality index, AQI
– Daily sunshine hours (hh:mm)
– Day length
– Sunrise time
– Sunset time
– Moonrise time
– Moonset time
– Moon phases
ANIMATED WEATHER MAPS:
– Rain radar and accurate radar forecast for the next few hours**
– 24-hour rain forecast map in hourly steps
– 3 day weather map with atmospheric pressure (isobars) and rain
– Satellite images map in hourly steps
– Cloudiness forecast map in hourly steps
– Location search – all location names worldwide
– One-time positioning and continuous tracking
– Weather in your favorite locations
– Choose your start page (tab in the app)
– Adjust the speed of the map animation
– Share the weather with your friends
– Info/user guide
– Feedback channel and app support
– Time format (12h/24h)
– 12h tai 24h aikamuoto
– 15 languages supported
*) Based on 3rd party reporting, where forecasts are continuously being verified against the real observations from the official weather stations globally.
**) Country-specific limitations
• Added new Wind and Gusts widgets for the Lock Screen!
• Fixed a rare issue that would cause the app to crash for some users.
• Fixed the selected location not showing up in the "Weather and Temperature" map.
• Fixed weather warning sort order.
• Performance improvements to the widgets.
You can send us feedback via the app settings.
Ratings and Reviews
It took me a long while to stop whining about the demise of DS and how nothing in the App Store comes close. Yeah, 🥕 but $60/y for family? I’ve been testing weather apps since the day I read DS was sold. Tried them all and pretty much gave up, settling for Apple Weather. At least it’s not as bad as it used to be. Couple months ago I stumbled across Foreca. It’s really buried in the App Store. I hope word gets out because Foreca is fantastic! I looked back at reviews to see why it wasn’t all 5 stars. I think most are from when the app was newer. Makes sense. The ad I get today is for a different weather app, silent, and goes away in a single tap; no timer. And $3.50/y makes it gone. I’m in the US Midwest. Next door neighbor has his own weather station. Foreca temps are always in line. It’s easy to read, radar is great, and alerts are timely. And as much as I like the app, I love the Watch app even more. (Seriously Dev, make the Watch app the 6th Reason To Choose Foreca. Maybe 2nd) So 5* app from me but I think you should install it now and see for yourself.
For days, I’ve been searching for a reliable weather app. From apps with hidden subscription models, to flat-out crazy prices for radar and such, this app kills all those concepts. We have here an app that brings everything I need, hourly forecast, radar, meteogram and a widget with hour to hour. The app also uses stations near your location, and never bombards you with ads. The only ad I’ve seen were the bars that show up on the bottom. For 3 dollars a year if I remember, you can remove the ads and be left with a clean, working weather app. Apps like carrot have a one time free with even more tiers to buy after, and the other apps like TWC charge crazy for simple gimmicks that are free on this app. This is great for local weather, and I really wish for the best to the developers of this app. I only would like to customize the widget more, like being able to choose what to see on the widget. All in all, I’m sticking with this apps, thanks to being cheap and having literally everything I’m looking for in a weather app.
Very Accurate, Great Potential
Have been trailing this app since Dark Sky shut down, and since finding it was one of the most accurate weather sources for my area on Forecast Advisor. I’ve been monitoring its notifications and weather predictions compared to Apple Weather, and Foreca has been more spot on, vs AW telling me it’s raining or snowing when it’s not.
I’ve had several email exchanges with Tuomas, the dev, and he’s been very receptive to feedback and explaining some things I’ve seen in the app.
There appears to be some bugs due to Apple on the watch, which is preventing me from using some of the complications, but I’m looking forward to those being fixed. The app has some really nice Home Screen widgets, but would like to see a few lock screen widgets added, as well as some better designed Apple Watch complications. Would really like to see a better selection of the large modular complication.
Overall a great app, very clean on the iPhone, and even the Apple Watch app. Lastly, would like to see some customization options like the iPhone app has, on the Apple Watch app. Can’t wait to see how this app progresses.
Lastly, I appreciate a reasonable subscription price. I normally like to buy my apps, but this is low enough that I’m okay with that. I’d like to see family sharing, so that everyone doesn’t have to have their own subscription, but if kept to $3/year, that’s not too bad.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Foreca Oy
- 89.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.6 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.6 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.6 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © Foreca
- In-App Purchases
- Ad-free version (12 months) $3.49
- Ad-free version (3 months) $1.09