Use HIDIVE to stream awesome content straight from Japan! From new shows like Ahiru no Sora, Food Wars!, Tsurune, The Promised Neverland and Land of the Lustrous to classics such as Legend of the Galactic Heroes, The Big O, Azumanga Daioh, Patlabor and Maid-Sama!, plus a growing collection of dubs, you’ll always find something to watch, all ad-free. (Titles vary by region)
Dive right in by signing in to your existing HIDIVE account, or start a new one using your iTunes account. Plus, new subscribers can try before they buy with a 14-day free trial! Subscribers can also watch their favorite shows on Apple TV, iPad, desktop and other popular devices.
HIDIVE In App Purchase Information:
- Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account upon confirmation of purchase.
- Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is cancelled at least 24-hours before the end of the then-current billing period.
- Your subscription includes full access to HIDIVE
• English Dubs
• Exclusive Content
• DUBCAST℠ Editions
• And more!
- Your account will be charged $4.99 (for monthly recurring subscriptions) or $47.99 (for annual recurring subscriptions) for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the then-current billing period and each subsequent billing period until cancelled.
- You can manage your subscription and cancel auto-renewal by accessing Account Settings in your iTunes account and following the instructions there.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when a subscription to the service is purchased, where applicable.
This version includes minor bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
People need to understand this is new
People need to understand that this is an extremely new iOS app and a new streaming service in general. It’s legit but has a way to go and that’s to be expected. VRV has offered this as part of it’s service as a dub alternative to crunchroll’s sub library ever since Funimation got stingy and backed out within like a year of their deal. With Funimation being such money-grabbers, it’s this or nothing. So the fact that they’re actually keeping their word and bringing a primitive port of the app to both iOS and PS4 is great news to me and I’ve been waiting a while. Expect the library to be small but gradually grow. Expect the app to need work and likely receive it (hopefully.) I’ve kept up with this company and I’ve seen first hand that it has a way to go to compete with Funimation, but I’m grateful someone’s trying.
Amateurish Beta App
Sentai has licensed some great shows, and I have to admit it disappoints me for both the dub quality and because of the execution on this app. I understand there are restrictions and limitations on their ability to deliver on the former, but there is almost no excuse for the latter.
While other apps allow you to jump forward or back in 10 or 15 second increments, that option is missing. Additionally, the progress/scrub bar is situated in such a way that it activates my menu bar.
I have noticed another issue as well: some multiple-season shows are not accessible under the "season" menu and have to be located individually. Oddly enough, the first season shows as "Season 1" and the second season shows as "Season 2", so I think it might be dirty data causing the seasons to not be grouped together (likely because the titles are slightly different between the seasons).
Lastly, why put a help section with an "About the App" tab only to direct the user to go to the site? Why not load the app info within the app?
The app feels like a beta that has not fully baked and it causes a lot of frustration as a result.
Still missing content
I subscribe and usually watch HIDIVE stuff on my PC, but they had the app advertised on the site today, so I decided to try it out. People are right that it does not include all of the content. Right now, the currently airing series that I am watching, Senryuu Girl, is available on the app, but one that I watched last season, Bloom Into You, is not (I can watch either on my PC right now). I cannot imagine why since BIY was HIDIVE exclusive in North America. Anyhow, the app seems fine other than that. I’m not going to give it anything too low because it is nice to have at least have some other option besides my PC. The service isn’t that bad, they just need to keep working on improving it.
- HIDIVE, LLC
- 81.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © (C)2020 HIDIVE LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription + Trial $4.99
- Monthly + Free Trial $4.99
- Monthly Subscription $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.