iCarMode - A dashboard app for all your in-car needs:
- Big buttoned music player with AppleMusic and Spotify built-in integration.
- Quick dial-up to your contacts.
- Easy access to your favorite GPS app**.
- Radio player with endless list of radio stations and podcasts to choose from.
- Well designed phone keypad.
-'Where did I park?' - will help you find your parked car!
- 'Parking meter' - set a reminder when your car is parked in a parking meter zone.
- 'Places nearby' - your car is parked, what did you have in mind? coffee? the nearest ATM? this feature, powered by 'Google Places', will help you out.
- 'Custom App shortcut' - you can launch your favorite apps from big buttoned shortcuts **
iCarMode theme changes automatically to night mode on local sunset.
iCarMode supports both portrait & landscape orientations!
iCarMode integrates with Vinli device to display streaming data from your car's computer: speed, rpm, fuel status, diagnostics engine problems & even grades your driving.
To learn more about iCarMode, please visit our site: http://www.iCarMode.com
or contact us at: support@iCarMode.com
**iCarMode supports customized shortcuts to allow you to easily call your favorite GPS or music app.
This requires the app provider to allow other apps to launch theirs.
To see the current supported list visit: http://www.icarmode.com/#linkedapps-section
If you have additional request, contact us and we'll do our best to add it to the list - if the app supports the required protocol.
"iCarMode is a great dashboard app for the iPhone - that presents a number of large, easy-to-tap shortcuts to music controls, contacts, audio controls, and your favorite GPS navigation and audio streaming apps" - reviews.cnet.com
"Download iCarMode and safely use your phone while keeping your eyes on the road." - appolicious.com
"iCarMode is one of those ingenious and simple app that makes the iPhone easy to use in every situation." - applemobile.it
"iCarMode presents a simple solution to a daily problem and promises that next time we'll "have to" use the iPhone while driving,
We'll do it more safely and keep our eyes on the road." - www.ipsf.co.il
"iCarMode is a new application for iPhone which tries to facilitate the use of the main functions that are commonly used while in car: music, contacts,GPS and phone but wrapped in an enlarged , simple and intuitive interface more suited to this situation and in fact makes the use of the iPhone while driving - safer." - iphoneil.net
- Redesigned music player for better user experience.
- Music player now has built-in integration with both AppleMusic and Spotify.
- Due to many user requests - iCarMode now has a built-in Radio Player.
- Added what3words to the GPS shortcuts list.
- Bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
App is really the only I could find on the app store as a car dashboard. The shortcuts are pre-baked into the app and you can't select other apps to launch without submitting an enhancement request for the app.
The app crashes when trying to move the position of 2 or more shortcuts at a given time so you need to move one shortcut > save > move next shortcut > save > etc. It's tedious.
It would be nice if there were other features too (e.g., automatically launch app when connected to my car's Bluetooth, set media volume when connected to app, change brightness when connected to app). I'm guessing some of these requests, if not all of these, are not possible due to iOS being super locked down but they'd be great enhancements nonetheless.
Developer Response ,
I will try to address all your comments:
- Shortcuts are "pre-baked" since not all developers implement the required protocol to allow other apps to call them. If there is an app you would like to add to the list - you can contact me at support@iCarMode.com - most apps from the list today are from users suggestions.
- This crash was reported & found, I apologize for the temporary inconvenience, version 4.5.1 fixes this issue.
- Changing volume from the app is possible...can be done from the Music player of iCarMode.
- Changing brightness from the app is possible...from the app bar goto settings->General.
- Auto launch when connected to Bluetooth is a great idea, but can not be done in iOS, at least not to my knowledge.
- Due to all this- an update to a more positive rating would be appreciated.
Thank you for your feedback.
If your iPhone is mounted...
YOU need iCarMode. If your phone is on your seat or your console or even your pocket...YOU need iCarMode! Simple in appearance and easy to use and set up.
This allows you to see all of what you need while driving on a glance on one app.. Music, phone, maps, contacts and favorites etc. just a big button tap away without the need of focusing in on your home screen and scrolling while looking for each app you want while driving. It even makes finding where you parked easy without having to scroll and it let’s you know if the meter needs fed.
Try it. It’s 5 star worthy in my opinion!
If you don’t have CarPlay, you NEED this app!
Do yourself and everyone on the road around you a favor. Install iCarMode. This app does a great job of making the important functions of the iPhone easily - and visually - accessible with a couple of taps and swipes on big, easy-to-read icons. It’s got a good selection of settings to control the important aspects of the interface. Changes in 11.3 iOS created a couple of bumps in the road for iCarMode but those have all been fixed in version 4.5.1. The developer is extremely responsive and committed to producing a quality product.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.