Legal Dictionary by Farlex gives you free, instant access to more than 58,000 legal terms and over 42,000 audio pronunciations from authoritative sources trusted by attorneys, including West's Encyclopedia of American Law, Burton's Legal Thesaurus, and McGraw-Hill. Plus offline content.
Whether you're an attorney, law student, or looking to better understand complex legal advice, this free legal dictionary app can help you find clear, in-depth definitions of legal terminology right on your iPhone or iPad. Search thousands of definitions, including detailed entries on:
Legal terms and concepts
US law and the Constitution
Important legal cases
Individuals significant to the history of law
+ much more…
* Search 58,000+ legal terms, including extensive info on US law and the Constitution. Plus offline content.
* Save unlimited bookmarks. Perfect for studying for the LSAT.
* Use native voice search to look up a word just by saying it. (With supported devices)
* See search suggestions as you type and always find what you're looking for.
* View your recent searches.
* Perform advanced searches, including "Starts with," "Ends with," "Contains," and "Wildcard."
* Listen to 42,000+ audio pronunciations for both American and British speakers in online mode.
* Share definitions via social networks, email, and text. (With supported devices)
User-friendly, comprehensive, and authoritative: Legal Dictionary by Farlex is the perfect free legal app for lawyers, legal professionals, law school students, and anyone looking to decipher legal jargon and better understand legal advice. This is NOT a preview or a trial version, and there is no "locked" content. Open the app on your iPhone or iPad and immediately access all content — no subscriptions required!
How do we do it?
TheFreeDictionary.com - Farlex apps have been downloaded tens of millions times across multiple platforms, with top ratings after hundreds of thousands of reviews. We work with the best publishers to bring together trusted content in the most comprehensive, authoritative dictionary apps on the market. Our flagship app is The Free Dictionary (TFD), powered by TheFreeDictionary.com. Find our other apps by searching "Dictionary by Farlex" in the App Store.
* Fixed bugs, including crash issue when starting without Internet connection.
Ratings and Reviews
Law Student Necessity
As a pre-law student I can say this app is an absolute necessity. It makes it so much simpler to learn and understand legal terms, making it much easier to keep up with my professors and readings during class. Having clear, accurate definitions specifically in legal terms at your fingertips is an amazing asset for students. Keep up the amazing work!
This is one of the instances that you need a great app to depend on. I’m glad the creators took the time to address this matter in such a mystic way in order to bring some understanding in such a complex task. Thank you for all you do and keep up the good work.
A concern avid person
I love this app!
First in for most it’s definitely been a big help to me as a hobbyist law student. It’s allowed me to research certain caselaw and come to conclusions on my own rather than constantly googling for the information it’s all in one place
- Farlex, Inc.
- 68.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Farlex, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Ad-free upgrade $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.