Join thousands of Christians by listening to - and making your own - this simple and increasingly popular pattern of prayer and Bible reading from the Church of England.
Time to Pray: Prayer During the Day and Night Prayer from the Church of England provides a pattern of prayer and daily Bible reading that is simple yet profound. It will help you to create and enjoy a regular time with God during your day – whatever your lifestyle.
Straightforward and flexible, Time to Pray draws you into a centuries-old tradition of prayer that continues to be shared across the world today.
Many people choose to take time in the day for a daily Quiet Time, for reading the Bible and for praying. Time to Pray helps you to do this with the Church of England's Prayer During the Day, a short, simple service of prayers, psalms and readings that can be done at any time of day. The app presents everything you need to carry out Prayer During the Day, with variations according to the day of the week and the season of the Church’s year.
Each day, this completely free, fully re-engineered version of the popular app first launched in 2016 offers you:
• A simple service of Prayer During the Day suitable for any time of day and beautiful and simple Night Prayer (Compline).
• A simple pattern of Bible readings, psalms and prayers that varies according to the season and day of the week.
• Full audio is now provided for each service. The app now includes audio versions of both services every day. Tap the play icon to start or pause the audio, and skip forward or backwards through the service using the scroll bar.
• Edit Mode. You can also use the 'pencil' icon to enter 'Edit Mode' and make choices about the psalms, prayers and readings in each service. The defaults mirror the content of the audio, but you are free to make other selections for psalms, readings and prayers based on the provisions of Common Worship: Daily Prayer.
• Adjustable settings and timings. Use Settings to adjust the time of day the app shifts from Day to Night. And you can set reminders for one or more of the services to help you establish and maintain a rhythm of prayer throughout your day.
• An all-new, beautiful, accessible design. As well as mirroring the acclaimed design of the 2020 Time to Pray booklet, the app offers adjustable text sizes and Night Mode to make it easy to read and follow whenever you choose to pray.
This completely re-engineered version of the Time to Pray app has been developed by the team behind 2018’s award-winning #LiveLent app and the Church of England’s Alexa Skill and Common Worship Daily Prayer for Thy Kingdom Come (Church of England, Church House Publishing and Aimer Media Ltd). It is based on Time to Pray and Common Worship Daily Prayer, both produced by Church House Publishing, official publisher of the Church of England.
Terms of Service
- Fixed bug with text background disappearing on tablets
- Added indicators that audio is downloading/ completed/ failed
- Fixed audio fallback to streaming if local file incomplete
Ratings and Reviews
I like this app and the recordings make it even better. The daily recording for morning of March 22nd did not match reading. I could not find an easy in app way to contact app maker when I had a problem. These would be good items to improve.
Wish I’d had this years ago!
I love this app! It is the best way I have found to incorporate regular prayer into my daily life. The choice of scriptures and readings are the perfect springboard into my own further prayers. This app is one of the few I’ve found that actually change my life for the better!
Perfect addition to routine
Thank you for developing this.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Aimer Media Ltd.
- 72.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Aimer Media, Church House, Hymns Ancient and Modern
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.