Practice Japanese Kanji, Hiragana, or Katakana with a fun and easy to use flashcard quiz app.
- Kanji organized by JLPT level
- Study Hiragana and Katakana as well as Kanji
- 9 answer multiple choice grid to increase difficulty
Updated for latest IPhone resolution
Ratings and Reviews
Great app! Needs just one more thing.
I wish I had this when I was doing my JPLT. That was back when there was 4 levels and there were only 3 of us that were neither Korean or Chinese taking the level 1 in Kyoto University. At that time it was before we had apps and stuff and I had to write out flash cards.
I got this for my daughter as I was looking for some fun quiz to do with her Japanese homework. She is having trouble keeping the up with the kids in Japan as doing homework is the only time to practice and she isn’t exposed much otherwise even with reading kids manga. We just started and her level 5 is pretty polished now and she can move to level 4.
The way to make this perfect is if you could also choose to separate by grade level as it isn’t the same.
I would totally buy again if we could get by grade level as well.
Totally worth the price
I like this app a lot! I’ve been looking for something like this for a while. Glad to find it.
Suggestions for a future update:
1. It would be very helpful to show different scores for going from Kanji to English and then for English to Kanji? I am much better at picking the matching Kanji than picking the matching English word.
2. Is it possible to clear a score back to zero, effectively starting that kanji group over?
3. It would also be nice for the app to keep track of the my most troublesome kanji in each group so I could practice just those in isolation.
Overall, I do like this app very much. I will be using it everyday for a long time!
Helpful app for Kanji
I already purchased all the kanjis before, but now it won’t restore it no matter how many times I try.
EDIT: I appreciate the response from the developer. It was my account that I’m using and the app was telling me it was restored even though the lessons are still locked. After many tries, it finally worked. Not sure what the issue was... Anyway, I do like this app for reviewing Kanji. It’s easy to use and the kanjis are sorted by JLPT. I just wish there’s an option to reset the quizzes so I can see my progress over time.
Developer Response ,
Hi Kireinamida, I haven't heard any other reports of this issue. Can you check your ITunes purchase history and make sure that the purchase was made with the same account that your phone is using? Here are the steps to check your purchase history:
1. Open iTunes. ...
2. From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > View My Account.
3. Sign in with your Apple ID, then click View Account.
4. On the Account Information page, scroll down to Purchase History.
- Ryan Edmonds
- 17.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Ryan Edmonds
- In-App Purchases
- Purchase All Levels $1.99
- JLPT N5 $0.99
- JLPT N4 $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.