Why spend hundreds of dollars on a Garmin Zumo or TomTom Rider? Scenic is a true alternative, and in some ways even better than expensive navi units. Try it for free!
Plan routes by dropping via points and stops. Scenic will show you a route between them. Don't like it? Choose another routing mode, including curvy!
Scenic has a vast database of thousands of beautiful routes, shared and rated by local Scenic users worldwide. Select an area, tap 'Search' and see what comes up.
Yet another way to get a great route... set the distance, then let Scenic generate a round trip for you in any given direction. Or a curvy route to a destination of your choosing.
Found a great route online? Have some laying around in Basecamp? Whether it’s a Google Maps URL or a GPX, KML, KMZ, GDB or ITN file, import it into Scenic to keep all your routes in one app that’s built for adventure.
On-screen instructions, voice guidance and customisable detour behaviour mean you can forget about the map and focus on the ride. When you do need to tap in, Scenic is designed to work seamlessly with your touch-enabled gloves.
No data/reception? No problem. Scenic’s offline maps mean you can go where others turn back.
Scenic not only navigates you, it also logs your location, speed and elevation, so you can relive every moment.
Leave pictures and comments for other riders in the app, get a personalised web page of all your routes and rides, or share your journey straight to social media.
How much have I been riding on my old Yamaha? Have I been riding less this year? What was my overall average speed this week? How many rides have I done this month? Scenic will tell you.
Scenic is the easiest way to ride to destinations unknown. So why not meet some like-minded riders along the way? Connect with thousands of other Scenic app users and buddy up for group trips.
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* Scenic has an optional Premium Subscription that gives you access to Premium Features (Voice Guidance, Route Import & Route & Trip export, Round Trip Generation Better Search Results and Elevation Profiles). The subscription automatically renews every year. The first payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of the purchase. It automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged again within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by you and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings in the iTunes Store.
Scenic is a true alternative to expensive motorcycle GPS units… and more! Now also on CarPlay!
3.10 NEW FEATURES / ENHANCEMENTS
- CarPlay Dashboard view
- Scenic icon now staying in left sidebar on CarPlay
- Setting to prefer offline route calculation
- Changed turn icon for roundabouts
- Skip Via/Stop button on CarPlay now mentions which stop will be skipped
3.10 BUGS FIXED
- Showing previous turn icon when Scenic returns from background to foreground
- Distance to turn sometimes not showing
- First stretch of route removed when adding a stop in the start screen
- Roadblock feature sometimes not working
- Audio for phone and notifications being blocked by Scenic
- Recorded trip distance a bit lower than reality
- Callout bubble not disappearing when adding a via through long tap
- Panning mode on CarPlay sometimes not working during navigation
Ratings and Reviews
Best bang for your buck in motorcycle routing
Sure there are better options out there for routing and navigating your rides but they’ll cost you $500+. This app combined with a phone mount and power source is just as useful. Route sharing is easy and uses standard GpX files that are fairly universal no matter what system your friends are using. Creating a route within the app is easy and can be done without struggle while eating lunch and shared with everyone immediately. One of my favorite features is to search for already popular rides and edit them to cater to your needs along the route. This is like having a tour guide everywhere you go as many local riders share good routes for you to enjoy when you’re in a new area and for the most part I’ve found them to be some amazing rides I never would’ve found otherwise. I’d recommend anyone give this app a try. Spend an hour or two playing around with it and I’m sure you’ll start to understand how it works and find new rides around your area you probably never knew of. One downside is when your routing preference is set to “extra curvy” it will send you down a lot of dead end roads and it’s especially good at seeking out roundabouts. Not a major issue, just pay attention when letting it plan your route for you and you can fix it in less than 5 minutes using waypoints.
Reliable, easy to use, precise, and super convenient!
I own a 2019 Harley-Davidson Street Glide with the optional larger screen Infotainment GPS system and leading group rides. I also love the power of my Apple iPad Pro 11 inch (new Pro models that came out on late 2018) and coupled with the Scenic app and an Apple Pencil (2nd generation) you have a powerful Road Captain ride planning console that has taken my ride planning game to the next level. I love the graphics, the ability to place waypoints with pinpoint precision (with some practice), and being able to do so from the comfort of wherever I am (my favorite leather chair, my bed, or sitting at a bar as I plan away with my favorite drink to go along). I love that I can also download Scenic on my iPhone and check ride plans on the fly and even make tweaks and adjustments on the fly. I also love that I can export GPX files directly from my iPad onto a memory stick from which I can then easily load ride plans onto my Harley's Infotainment system (which has a beautiful mapping interface IMO). I have friends that are hard core Garmin BaseCamp lovers but they have seemingly fallen asleep at the wheel as they haven't yet developed a compelling and user-friendly app for iOS devices. I highly recommend Scenic and celebrate Guido's work. By the way he is super responsive to questions and publishes a great newsletter too!
Compared to GPS
Scenic is as good or better than a dedicated GPS unit. It turns your mobile device into an intuitive GPS with capabilities of creating your own routes . Yes , I know that most navigation apps have that feature but with Scenic it’a easier to import any of your favorites routes. . Personally I don’t like having a lot of farkle on my bike so just having only my mobile device keeps things simple. And since most think mobile navigational apps are susceptible to lack of data coverage ( cell coverage ) with Scenic you just download the offline maps you need . They give a certain amount of credits so that you can download a good amount of maps but if you need more just purchase more credits and your good to go. Again just be sure that your mobile device has the room for extra data. The reason I gave it 4 of 5 stars was due to the voice prompts. Just don’t like they way it sounds. Besides that it’s the go to motorcycle navigation app for me , go ahead give it a try.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Applified Life Inc.
- 76.5 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2022 Applified Life Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium $22.49
- Premium Forever $89.99
- package of 10 Credits $4.99
- package of 5 Credits $2.99
- package of 25 credits $11.99
- package of 50 Credits $20.99
- package of 100 Credits $35.99
- 1 Credit $0.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.