Why spend hundreds of dollars on a Garmin Zumo or TomTom Rider? Scenic is a true alternative, and in some ways even better than expensive navi units. Try it for free!
Plan routes by dropping via points and stops. Scenic will show you a route between them. Don't like it? Choose another routing mode, including curvy!
Scenic has a vast database of thousands of beautiful routes, shared and rated by local Scenic users worldwide. Select an area, tap 'Search' and see what comes up.
Yet another way to get a great route... set the distance, then let Scenic generate a round trip for you in any given direction. Or a curvy route to a destination of your choosing.
Found a great route online? Have some laying around in Basecamp? Whether it’s a Google Maps URL or a GPX, KML, KMZ, GDB or ITN file, import it into Scenic to keep all your routes in one app that’s built for adventure.
On-screen instructions, voice guidance and customisable detour behaviour mean you can forget about the map and focus on the ride. When you do need to tap in, Scenic is designed to work seamlessly with your touch-enabled gloves.
No data/reception? No problem. Scenic’s offline maps mean you can go where others turn back.
Scenic not only navigates you, it also logs your location, speed and elevation, so you can relive every moment.
Leave pictures and comments for other riders in the app, get a personalised web page of all your routes and rides, or share your journey straight to social media.
How much have I been riding on my old Yamaha? Have I been riding less this year? What was my overall average speed this week? How many rides have I done this month? Scenic will tell you.
Scenic is the easiest way to ride to destinations unknown. So why not meet some like-minded riders along the way? Connect with thousands of other Scenic app users and buddy up for group trips.
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* Scenic has an optional Premium Subscription that gives you access to Premium Features (Voice Guidance, Route Import & Route & Trip export, Round Trip Generation Better Search Results and Elevation Profiles). The subscription automatically renews every year. The first payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of the purchase. It automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged again within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by you and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings in the iTunes Store.
Scenic is a true alternative to expensive motorcycle GPS units… and more! Version 3 brings new maps, better routing, improved navigation and a refreshed look and feel. Everything was designed to give you a smoother, more enjoyable ride.
v3.04 NEW FEATURES
- Added 'Self-Correct' detour behaviour
- Sharing of locations / GPS Coordinates
- Option to display current time in the navigation screen
- Tracks and routes now clearly distinguishable in the route list
- Switch to hide via points in the Route Timeline while navigating
- Reduced strange loops during import, curvy route generation and round trip generation
- Now map needs to be double tapped to go to edit mode during navigation (prevents accidentally going to edit mode and makes it possible to temporarily shift the map without going to edit mode)
- Improved readability & layout of navigation screen
- Original route line will now be removed when ending navigation
- When a vehicle does not have a picture it will now show a different placeholder pic compared to when no vehicle is selected for a ride
- Screen orientation lock now also prevent 180 degrees rotation
- Menu auto-hide delay is now configurable
v3.04 BUGS FIXED:
- Incorrect detour behaviours
- Big POI Groups causing crashes
- Missing / incorrect turn instructions when via points on junction
- Problems when editing routes during navigation
- Trail line 'floating', inaccuracies & jumps
- Speedometer covering distance to next turn on iPhone SE landscape model
- Vehicles losing profile pictures
- Pronouncing ’T=‘ before turn instruction in some scenarios/voices
- Map thumbnails not generation when search filter active
- Routes/Rides/Locations not selectable when search filter active
- Moving routes/rides/locations not working while search filter active
- Getting stuck in power planner with inactive buttons due to canceling while naming a stop.
- Changes on duplicated routes not being processed
- Elevation profile not being updated after editing points of a route
- Generate round trip button falling off screen on iPhone SE
Ratings and Reviews
Reliable, easy to use, precise, and super convenient!
I own a 2019 Harley-Davidson Street Glide with the optional larger screen Infotainment GPS system and leading group rides. I also love the power of my Apple iPad Pro 11 inch (new Pro models that came out on late 2018) and coupled with the Scenic app and an Apple Pencil (2nd generation) you have a powerful Road Captain ride planning console that has taken my ride planning game to the next level. I love the graphics, the ability to place waypoints with pinpoint precision (with some practice), and being able to do so from the comfort of wherever I am (my favorite leather chair, my bed, or sitting at a bar as I plan away with my favorite drink to go along). I love that I can also download Scenic on my iPhone and check ride plans on the fly and even make tweaks and adjustments on the fly. I also love that I can export GPX files directly from my iPad onto a memory stick from which I can then easily load ride plans onto my Harley's Infotainment system (which has a beautiful mapping interface IMO). I have friends that are hard core Garmin BaseCamp lovers but they have seemingly fallen asleep at the wheel as they haven't yet developed a compelling and user-friendly app for iOS devices. I highly recommend Scenic and celebrate Guido's work. By the way he is super responsive to questions and publishes a great newsletter too!
Made for motorcyclists! Enough said!
I was an early adopter of Scenic when it first launched and I was a big fan of it back then even though the developers were still working out some bugs. With the new update last year, I’ve really gotten to get to this app and realize at just how great it is for motorcyclists. I like that I can download maps that work for me with my subscription And I can always get more if I need them. I like how things on the screen are meant to be glove friendly with large buttons and very simple app navigation features. I love that I can now create a simple Nav route and it gives me various filters to use to customize the route. Long and slow. No problem. Most direct route, no problem. Also being able to create a custom turn by turn route using the route builder on the phone, during ride, is unheard of by the apps that I’ve seen. I’d like to see a few route organization with features like click these 10 routes and put them in this folder.
Paper mad Smaper maps!
No, just kidding…I’ll always keep the paper map with me. But, the last trip I took was planned with Scenic exclusively. My brother and I took a 12 day trip from Pittsburgh to Nova Scotia. The paper map was only used for a broad overview. Not only was the planning nearly flawless with Scenic, the ability to save all of your trip info….route, breaks, time, distance, top speed, average speed, pictures, etc. is priceless. More things to refer to to remember your trips! A couple tips…check the route you plan before you go, on your other map app…..Scenic does not see road closures (to my knowledge). Also, know that in remote areas, the route could be gravel. It happened once on our trip. The road was still passable on my sport tourer….just not fun. This app is fantastic….get the premium and download the maps you need. I’ve tried others but this one blows them away. It’s well worth it!! JPK, Pittsburgh
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Applified Life Inc.
- 74.5 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 Applified Life Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium $22.49
- Premium Forever $89.99
- package of 10 Credits $4.99
- package of 5 Credits $2.99
- package of 25 credits $11.99
- package of 50 Credits $20.99
- package of 100 Credits $35.99
- 1 Credit $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.