Get the best out of your rides by transforming your smartphone into a motorcycle tool using the BMW Motorrad Connected app.
Use our app to build dream routes out of waypoints or import routes as a GPX file. The impressions and data you gather on the way will automatically be saved under your rides.
Simply use Bluetooth to connect with your motorcycle—which is equipped with Connectivity and TFT—and establish a connection to your communication system, if present. No matter whether you select winding or direct routes, verbal announcements and arrow indications that are easily visible in the TFT ensure that our app and your motorcycle will safely get you to your destination. Thanks to operation on the handlebars, you not only have navigation, telephony and music right at hand, but you also get an overview of the most important riding or vehicle data at the same time.
Keep other riders updated on your tours by sharing your routes, riding data and photos in an instant—with friends on social media or Rever.
We are continuously refining our app for you. Stay tuned to discover the latest functions.
Here is an overview of all the features that the BMW Motorrad Connected app currently offers you:
• Route planning and storage with waypoints
• Motorcycle-specific navigation with "winding route" route criterion
• Weather information for current location
• Route import and export (GPX files)
• Free map download for offline use
• Motorcycle navigation suitable for everyday use
• Turn indications with arrow navigation in the TFT display (verbal announcements also possible if communication system present)
• Lane recommendations
• Current traffic data
• Speed limit display
• Point-of-Interest search
• Recording distances traveled including vehicle data
• Analysis of performance values such as banking angle, acceleration and engine speed
• Route export (GPX files)
• Sharing recorded journeys and photos on social media
• Current mileage
• Tank capacity and remaining range
• Tire pressure (with RDC optional equipment)
• Service requirement
• The app is part of BMW Motorrad Connectivity and can only be used actively in combination with vehicles with a TFT display. The connection between smartphone, vehicle and communication system, if present, is established wirelessly via Bluetooth. Operation is possible using the multicontroller on the handlebars. To output music, telephony and navigation information, the use of the BMW Motorrad communication system is recommended.
• A mobile Internet connection is necessary to receive traffic data. This can result in costs in accordance with the contract between the customer and provider (such as roaming charges).
• Be aware that the functionality of your smartphone and the connection to the vehicle also depends on national requirements and conditions, and therefore cannot be guaranteed by BMW Motorrad at any time.
• The BMW Motorrad Connected app is displayed in the language configured in the smartphone. Please note that not all languages are supported.
• Continuous use of GPS localization in the background may lead to a reduced battery life.
Make Life a Ride.
- The BMW Motorrad Connected app has gone electric! This update provides you with new functions to help you get started with BMW Motorrad electromobility.
- The map showing the active radius (range) tells you at a glance how far you can travel based on the current charge level of the battery.
- You can use the "efficient" route option to plan a route that results in minimal consumption when using only electrical energy as well – meaning you can travel further without having to stop to recharge.
- You can now find charging stations easily using the "points of interest" (POIs) function. Here, you can also see their availability and use search filters to find the right charging point in no time.
Ratings and Reviews
App with a lot of potential
I am enjoying the app and use it every time I go on my BMW F850GSA. It tracks all my routes, captures pictures and I can review the stats after each ride (speed, lean angle, acceleration etc). It would be great to see weekly/monthly/annual stats as well in terms of distance travelled, average speed, count number of curves etc. This is not available at this point.
Also, for real time directions I always switch to other apps on my phone (Waze,google maps) - the landscape mode of this app needs to be improved to show distance to next turn, current speed, speed cameras etc. I do like the fact that I can design the track with many points /cities to customize my trip (not possible on Waze or Googlemaps on iPhone)
Developer Response ,
Hello and thanks a lot for your feedback! We are very happy to hear you like our app. It is very important for us to create an app which meets the needs of our customers. So if you want to support the development you can send us an email to email@example.com and tell us your ideas of potential improvements. Thanks in advance!
I own both the R1250RT and the R1250GS and in my opinion the overall Connectivity package and specifically the Navigation component, is a poorly designed package that is unreliable to the point of making it almost unusable save for a trip to the local supermarket. Even in this case you had better know where it is. The designers of the 2021 RT clearly do not own a modern smart phone as anything other than the smallest models do not fit the phone enclosure. Also the designers are not aware of how people use their phones given that the Connectivity App must be the dominant app and always open. If you try and access any other App the mapping function will stop working. Perhaps for some this is ok but the killer is the unfailing unreliability of the system. It is so unstable that you can not rely on it for touring or even the most simplest of routes. It’s when and not if the Connected App loses connection with the TFT the only remedy is to stop the bike, remove the phone from its prison, switch the ignition off and attempt to reconnect. If you are lucky it will reconnect but only until you lose the connection again, typically 15-20mins down the road. If the same shabby design and implementation standards were applied to any of the safety systems on the bike it is no exaggeration to say lives would be lost.
Developer Response ,
Hello, thanks alot for the feedback. We are sorry to hear that the app is not working properly on your smartphone. We would like to take a closer look and help you. It would be great if you could send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can ask you fruther questions. Thanks in advance!
Fix app’s location sharing integration
New comments: iPhone allows setting location sharing while app is running. Why does this app need “always” location sharing? Please fix your software. I see two years of complaints about connectivity and app problems that aren’t getting fixed. BMW, do you even have software developers any more? Do they work on this app? If so, it doesn’t seem to be making the app better. Old comments: Buying the Navigator VI was the most expensive purchasing mistake I’ve ever made. Features that are touted as selling points just don’t work or only work less than 30% of the time. I’m looking at you Tracker App. The Connected app regularly loses connection with the motorcycle so you only get partial tracks of rides and it only works if you give “always” permissions for tracking. What a steaming pile this whole integration of technology has become. I would be totally embarrassed if I was a developer that worked on these products. Now BMW is partnering with Rever offering a three month premium trial. So, BMW is giving up, breaking their commitment to their customers, and making customers pay for it. Apple won’t publish the things I want to say about this betrayal by BMW but I can say that this is not the way to retain brand loyalty.
Developer Response ,
Hi and thanks for your review! We are sad to hear that you had such a bad experience with our products. It´s our goal to provide the best solution for our customers so can I kindly ask you to write an Email with you to email@example.com My colleagues there can give you a more detailed answer to your questions and complaints. Thanks for your understanding.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- BMW NORTH AMERICA, LLC
- 259.8 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 BMW NORTH AMERICA, LLC