Get the best out of your rides by transforming your smartphone into a motorcycle tool using the BMW Motorrad Connected app.
Use our app to plan your dream routes or import routes as a GPX file.
Thanks to the networking with your motorcycle, you can record all the relevant information about your ride if you want.
If your BMW motorcycle is equipped with a TFT display and Connectivity, simply connect to your motorcycle with Bluetooth to do this.
If your BMW motorcycle does not have a TFT display but does have a Multi-Controller and navigation preparation, then get the ConnectedRide Cradle and turn your smartphone into a motorcycle display.
No matter whether you choose the option of “fast” (direct route) or “curvy” (route with a lot of turns), you can always keep your route reliably in view thanks to voice announcements to your communication system and navigation instructions that are easy to see in the display. By using the intuitive Multi-Controller, you can control everything safely without having to take your hands off the handlebars.
Want to keep your friends up to date? Then easily share your riding data and photos on social media.
We are continuously refining our app for you. Stay tuned to discover the latest functions.
Here is an overview of all the features that the BMW Motorrad Connected app currently offers you:
• Route planning and storage with waypoints
• Motorcycle-specific navigation with "winding route" route criterion
• Weather information for current location
• Route import and export (GPX files)
• Free map download for offline use
• Motorcycle navigation suitable for everyday use
• Arrow navigation in the 6.5” TFT display
• Map navigation in the 10.25” TFT display or ConnectedRide Cradle
• Voice announcements possible (if communication system present)
• Turn-by-turn instructions, including lane recommendations
• Current traffic data
• Speed limit display
• Point-of-Interest search
• Recording distances traveled including vehicle data
• Analysis of performance values such as banking angle, acceleration and engine speed
• Route export (GPX files)
• Sharing recorded journeys and photos on social media
• Current mileage
• Tank capacity and remaining range
• Tire pressure (with TPM optional equipment)
• Online service appointment scheduling
• The app is part of BMW Motorrad Connectivity and can only be used in combination with vehicles with a TFT display or ConnectedRide Cradle. The connection between smartphone, vehicle/cradle and—if present—communication system is established wirelessly via Bluetooth. It can be operated with the Multi-Controller on the handlebars. To output music, telephony and navigation information, the use of the BMW Motorrad communication system is recommended.
• A mobile Internet connection is necessary to receive traffic data. This can result in costs in accordance with the contract between the customer and provider (such as roaming charges).
• Be aware that the functionality of your smartphone and the connection to the vehicle also depend on national requirements and conditions, and therefore cannot be guaranteed by BMW Motorrad at all times.
• The BMW Motorrad Connected app is displayed in the language configured in the smartphone. Please note that not all languages are supported.
• Continuous use of GPS localization in the background may lead to a reduced battery life.
Make Life a Ride.
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
App with a lot of potential
I am enjoying the app and use it every time I go on my BMW F850GSA. It tracks all my routes, captures pictures and I can review the stats after each ride (speed, lean angle, acceleration etc). It would be great to see weekly/monthly/annual stats as well in terms of distance travelled, average speed, count number of curves etc. This is not available at this point.
Also, for real time directions I always switch to other apps on my phone (Waze,google maps) - the landscape mode of this app needs to be improved to show distance to next turn, current speed, speed cameras etc. I do like the fact that I can design the track with many points /cities to customize my trip (not possible on Waze or Googlemaps on iPhone)
Developer Response ,
Hello and thanks a lot for your feedback! We are very happy to hear you like our app. It is very important for us to create an app which meets the needs of our customers. So if you want to support the development you can send us an email to email@example.com and tell us your ideas of potential improvements. Thanks in advance!
I own both the R1250RT and the R1250GS and in my opinion the overall Connectivity package and specifically the Navigation component, is a poorly designed package that is unreliable to the point of making it almost unusable save for a trip to the local supermarket. Even in this case you had better know where it is. The designers of the 2021 RT clearly do not own a modern smart phone as anything other than the smallest models do not fit the phone enclosure. Also the designers are not aware of how people use their phones given that the Connectivity App must be the dominant app and always open. If you try and access any other App the mapping function will stop working. Perhaps for some this is ok but the killer is the unfailing unreliability of the system. It is so unstable that you can not rely on it for touring or even the most simplest of routes. It’s when and not if the Connected App loses connection with the TFT the only remedy is to stop the bike, remove the phone from its prison, switch the ignition off and attempt to reconnect. If you are lucky it will reconnect but only until you lose the connection again, typically 15-20mins down the road. If the same shabby design and implementation standards were applied to any of the safety systems on the bike it is no exaggeration to say lives would be lost.
Developer Response ,
Hello, thanks alot for the feedback. We are sorry to hear that the app is not working properly on your smartphone. We would like to take a closer look and help you. It would be great if you could send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can ask you fruther questions. Thanks in advance!
It was working before 5.0 upgrade
It used to work well. Not the most sophisticated GPS app in the market, but did work. Your upgrade to version 5.0 renders the app useless. 1. Most of the time it just doesn’t work. The TFT display on the motorcycle flashes 0 miles to destination and I have to stop and close the app, so I can at least see some driving information like speed, on the display 2. When it makes believe it is working, I don’t see a detailed map. It tells me to download tons of unrelated maps from all around the world and when I manually pick only the relevant one - I see no details, and the route “selected” doesn’t make any sense. Need to learn the route before I go on my bike. Like in the old physical map days 3. Can’t understand how your upgrade messed up w/ existing data as I had the map working before! Never before did I see an upgrade that totally destroys the app data. Before users click the upgrade button, there should be a level of trust established between the user and the developer, knowing at least, that this upgrade wouldn’t impact the app functionality. Well, this trust was severely impacted. 4. Don’t believe this upgrade could have passed the modest QA test. Doesn’t make sense it did. So sorry I upgraded. Thought you’d improve rather that destroy the app. Very disappointed.
Developer Response ,
We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the recent upgrade. Please send us an email at email@example.com with a detailed description of the issues you're facing, along with any relevant screenshots and device information. Our team will investigate and work on resolving the problems. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for any trust that may have been lost.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- BMW NORTH AMERICA, LLC
- 465.7 MB
- Requires iOS 15.6 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.6 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 BMW NORTH AMERICA, LLC