The Driver’s Guide is a vehicle-specific* Owner's Manual for selected BMW models**.
When using this system for the first time, you require an Internet connection. After you enter the vehicle identification number (VIN), the Owner's Manual for your vehicle is downloaded and is subsequently available without an Internet connection. Multiple vehicles can be managed within the Driver’s Guide.
You can acquaint yourself with the features of your vehicle by reading the full Owner's Manual, searching by picture, or viewing the explanatory videos. The more familiar you are with your vehicle, the better control you will have on the road.
Depending on the vehicle, either all of the following content or a selection thereof will be available:
- The full Owner's Manual.
- Quick Reference.
- A search by topic.
- A search by picture to find features.
- Explanatory animations.
- Smart Scan. To obtain specific information on individual controls with the aid of a smartphone camera.
- Solutions to particular situations based on Quicklinks.
- Explanations of the warning and indicator lamps.
- Answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ).
- PDF Owner's Manuals.
*Depending on the model and model year.
**The Driver’s Guide is available for:
- BMW 2 Series models
- BMW 3 Series, partially as of model year 2012, fully as of 2014
- BMW 4 Series models
- BMW 5 Series, partially as of model year 2010, fully as of 2011
- BMW 6 Series, partially as of model year 2012, fully as of 2013
- BMW 7 Series as of model year 2009
- BMW 8 Series as of model year 2018
- BMW X models, partially as of model year 2011, fully as of 2014
- BMW Z4 as of model year 2009
- BMW M models, partially as of model year 2013, fully as of 2014
- BMW i3
- BMW i8
Additional PDF owner’s manuals:
- All BMW models as of 1998
- All BMW i models as of 2013
More information can be found in the additional brochures of the onboard literature.
BMW wishes you a safe and enjoyable drive.
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Noticed yesterday or my husband noticed that the cover on the back bumper which is called the towing cover was missing. I googled and found that the piece comes off either by the car wash or people snatching it off your car.( I only use touch less car washes if I use car wash) I called the BMWDealership which I bought the car in December 20 from they were going to charge $53 for the cover, after talking to the nice gentleman and telling him that I googled about the towing cover and seeing where others have had The same problem and had went to their dealership and the dealership had went ahead and put one on for them .He went ahead and said he could do it this time but if it fell off again then I would be responsible in which I agreed that I would if it fell off again. He thought it would have to be painted but it comes in the color of my bumper.
Best Users Manual I Have Used
Love the different levels. Overview to Subject Index. Write ups are very clear and don’t waste your time
Love the fact that the manual is specific to my car. Doesn’t confuse me with details about a feature I don’t have.
Love fact it is on my phone. So I can look up something I don’t do very often in seconds. Like setting the clock
The convenience of this app is tremendous. I’m one of those that have always traditionally read the owner’s manual when purchasing a new car. So nice to be able to look things up on my phone whenever the mood strikes me. Easy to use and the videos that come with it are a plus. Nice job BMW!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- BMW NORTH AMERICA, LLC
- 53.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- ©2017 BMW of North America, LLC.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.