MapleRead is an advanced versatile ebook reader app with plenty of useful customization options.
There are 3 editions, SE, CE and CX.
SE: EPUB+PDF reader+server
CE: EPUB reader
CX: EPUB reader demo
* SE and CE can run side-by-side via split-view multitasking
* Easily transfer books, themes and scenes to SE or CE via SE's server
* Sync data among SE, CE editions running on iPad and iPhone
** CX with pre-3.0 Pro Upgrade is now functionally equivalent to CE 3.0
[Please visit our website to see more details and screenshots.]
READ BOOKS IN EYE-PLEASING STYLES
- Read DRM-free and password-free EPUB books in 3 book styles of your choice:
Classic Book, Modern Book, Modern Scroll
- Choose or create your favorite themes with
over 30 beautiful built-in day and night themes and Theme Editor
- Enhance book page layout on top of publisher's style with user's override over
font, text layout control, page layout control, paragraph numbering and more
- Look up words, translate sentences, mark pages, speak text and mark text with notes
- Navigate across the pages conveniently in multiple ways with
anchor button, two-level page slider, fast full text search and more
- Gesture control some common actions
- Read also EPUB 3.0 books designed for vertical-writing and right-to-left languages
ORGANIZE & SEARCH BOOKS
- Present the subset of browsable (visible) books using the bottom toolbar with
4 presentation styles and 13 sorting orders
- Choose the subset of browsable books using the top toolbar with a combination of
(subject) tags, (book) sets and keyword search (title, author or series)
- Manage book sets with tools that give you user-defined book sets and more
- Manage tags with tools including the tag pool and more
- Modify individual book attributes (metadata or book info) including its cover image
- Enjoy beautiful bookshelf in portrait or landscape orientation with
built-in bookshelf background scenes, Scene Editor and more
EXCHANGE BOOKS & METADATA
- Exchange is a multi-tabbed view where you can get your books in and out in many different ways
- Websites View is usually where you download from external book sources with
built-in links to OPDS catalogs and HTML webpages, user-defined links,
smart batch download, calibre support, Dropbox support and more
- iTunes View enables file transfer via USB from and to your PC
- Queue View keeps track of files transferred from Websites or iTunes
- PC Upload View enables importing multiple files at a time from your PC via Wi-Fi
ORGANIZE & SEARCH NOTES
- Mark notes that are overlappable and assigned with one of five levels of priority
that are distinguishable independent of highlight colors of themes
- Edit a single note in Note Editor
- Manage multiple notes in Note List View and its companion, Library Notes View with
user-defined note lists to keep track of different kinds of notes, that can be
exported and shared
- Import a note file automatically as a new note list so as not to mingle with your existing notes
- Search notes by quotation or comment
- Added timestamps to bookmarks, which are now always sorted by date, regardless of sync
- Improved font overriding for some CSS over-constrained EPUB books
- Addressed compatibility issues with recent changes of Google Translate API
- Addressed compatibility issues with recent changes of Google Drive API
- Addressed compatibility issues with recent changes of Dropbox API
- Addressed compatibility issues with recent changes of iOS SDK
- Addressed an issue with displaying Table of Contents when it has a lot of entries
- Addressed a display issue when Apply Sepia Effect is turned on for some devices
- Addressed a status bar display issue for iPad Pro
- Addressed some EPUB3 compatibility issues
- Fixed EPUB regression bugs when toggling Apply Publisher's Style
- Fixed EPUB regression bugs when jumping to some types of hyperlinks
- Fixed EPUB regression bugs when performing text search
Ratings and Reviews
Great, but one small thing...
I would buy the full version of this app to do all my reading of PDFs and ebooks if one thing changed. I know it’s silly, but in the classic book view in landscape, it still shows the two columns of text as one page. I want it to show to facing pages, one for each column of text, just like a real book (like the original iBooks). Once that feature arrives, I’ll purchase the SE version and never look back.
Great ePub Reader!
Being an avid reader, I routinely look for newer and better software to enhance the experience, but I keep coming back to Maple. Using Calibre’s opds server function, the link up between my laptop where the ebooks arrive and my phone where the ebooks are read is smooth and fast. There are enough options for font, size, layout, background, overall look of the app, how pages are turned, etc. to please anyone and the controls for them are quick and easy. There are lots of options for sorting and viewing multiple books so I can quickly find whatever I want from 3000+ titles. Navigation within books is easy and you can set bookmarks. Good, responsive support from the developer. Both thumbs up!
The User Interface is a bit counter-intuitive, but once I figured everything out, I found a lot to like. Definitely worth a try if you're looking for a full-featured ereading app. P.S. The new sync capabilities in 1.6 are a welcome improvement, but why a different app for iPhone and iPad?
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- MAPLEPOP LLC
- 27.1 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2016-2021 Maplepop LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Upgrade $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.