Sending emails to yourself is very convenient to save notes, reminders, todos, files or pictures.
Boomerang allows you to set your emails addresses once and then send emails to yourself in one tap. Simple and efficient.
- Set multiple email addresses (eg : personal and professional).
- Dark mode.
- Customize emails' subject and from fields.
- Send multiple files at once.
- Share extension (send from other apps).
- Siri extension ("Hey Siri, send a boomerang").
- Compatible with all email addresses.
Fix a bug that prevent extraction of the webpage's title when sharing an URL via share extension.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Stopped working for pictures
Good successor to Captio that has not been updated & no longer works with several apps. Nor does Captio respond to requests for help.
Boomerang was simple and working good but has stopped sending photos. One of my primary uses is sending pictures of receipts to my computer for expense tracking. App support link is a dead end. Feedback link in app gets no response.
Maybe this review will prompt a response.
Edit-developer did respond & mentioned poor upload bandwidth being a possible culprit. Subsequent testing on my part was successful & I’m back in business & giving the thumbs up for Boomerang. Changing my 2 star rating.
Developer Response ,
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can investigate what’s going on. Sorry I should’ve missed your feedback, I usually response to all of them. Thank you for your patience.
Have tried 4 times to launch the app, but it sends the 4 digest 12 hours or not at all! No support site or support email.
— — —
Tried again after developer responded to my problem.... and it worked fine!!
Two feature requests:
1) add capability to assign a pre-fix and suffix to the subject. So if my subject was “Buy Flowers”, a pre-established suffix of “ on today” would result in a subject of “Buy Flowers on today”. There are some productivity apps ( GQueues for example ) that allow email based adding of tasks and they key off of certain phrases in the subject line.
2) allow multiple email connections. Most of us have Multiple email accounts ( personal and work ) and it would be nice to have a default account exile optionally selects an alternate account when needed.
Developer Response ,
Deeply sorry for the inconvenience, the app was victim of its success and faced its first (and last) slow time. Everything is back to normal now. I'm adding right now a support link accessible in the registration process as you pointed out was missing. Please consider trying again Boomerang, and let me know if it works for you (email@example.com). Apologies, Thomas.
Does what it is supposed to do
Upgraded from an older App that did the same thing (Captio). This does the same thing, and does it with a better interface and more options. Look forward to trying Siri integration!
It would be nice if the app offered a widget for the Today screen. Not sure if iOS allows it, but if you could type and send a note to your self from the widget that would be pretty useful.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.