Roku Screen Mirroring + Cast 4+
Mirror, Casting & Streamer App
- Offers In-App Purchases
Wirelessly connect your iPhone or iPad to Roku with this revolutionary app. Easily enjoy anything (movies, photos, live streams, news, sport) on your big TV. Try it now!
Application to mirror the screen and audio of your iPhone or iPad to your Roku. This can be any Roku Streaming Player, Roku Stick or Roku TV (from Hisense, TCL, Insignia, JVC, RCA, Westinghouse, Philips, Sanyo, Hitachi, Magnavox, Element, Onn and Sharp)! You can mirror any app on your iPhone or iPad to your Roku.
In using the app, there will be a couple of seconds of latency (usually between 1 and 3). So this mirroring is not suitable for gaming.
However, it is very suitable for watching movies, giving presentations, watching photos, and much more!
How the app works:
1. Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same local network as your Roku. Don't use multiple VLANs, a VPN or subnets.
2. Launch the Mirror for Roku app. It will start looking for your Roku(s) on your local network. When a Roku Player, Stick or TV is found, please select it. When you use this app for the first time, your Roku will go to the Mirror for Roku install page. Select Add Channel to add the Mirror for Roku receiver on your Roku.
3. Turn on notifications for this app. We will not spam you, but we will use this to let you know if your Roku is working correctly or not. So please, please allow it, otherwise when things don't work as they should, you are left in the dark.
4. Click on Start Mirroring to start mirroring on the Roku that is currently selected. After that, you can just go to any other app on your iPhone or iPad and the mirroring just continues to run.
5. To stop mirroring, there are two options. (1) click on the red top bar that you will see on your iPhone or iPad. (2) Go to the Mirror for Roku app and click on Stop Mirroring.
Limitations and known issues:
Some apps block Screen Mirroring. This means that application developers can choose themselves if they want to block Screen Mirroring. For instance, Netflix, Disney and AppleTV+ have decided to block this.
There is a simple test that you can do to see if the app that you want to mirror has blocked Screen Mirroring:
Open that particular app and slide up Control Center on your iPhone/iPad. Then, click on Screen Recording and start recording the screen to your Camera Roll. Watch the app that you want to mirror and at some point stop the screen recording. Then go to your Photos app and watch the video that was recorded. If the recorded video shows the app you want to mirror, it works fine. If the video is empty, then the app you want to mirror does not allow Screen Mirroring.
You can purchase the Mirror for Roku Pro Version through an in app purchase.
The Pro Version has the following features:
1. Adds audio to the screen mirroring
2. Provides for free lifetime updates of the app
3. Gives the option to choose higher screen resolutions, like 720p and 1080p
* Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
* Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
* Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
* Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
* Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
What our users are saying:
"Worked great!" - 5 STARS - by HeatherWorky
Sure there is a slight delay, but I just turn down the audio on my iPhone and it’s fine. Works perfectly. Was about to pitch my roku but now I can use it with Spotify and other accounts. Thanks!
"Love it !!! Thank you developers" - 5 STARS - by Kenjikaea
It works smoothly for me currently on a iPhone X no lag at all I can watch movies play apps from my smart tv .
Please give us feedback by mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Time to update! Here's what's new:
■ Increased app performance
■ Fixed minor bugs
We're continuously improving the app. Please leave a review or rating if you enjoy using the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Judged too quickly
I would like to know how to get a refund. It says some apps block it but how could you know beforehand? If the mirroring option was available in the particular app I’m trying to use, why would I even need this app? It blurs the picture and only pics up audio (only some of the audio, though—the music). Please help or refund my money.
UPDATE: I appreciate the response and that cleared things up. It won’t project the app I got this for, it does for another app (the tv version doesn’t offer the audio presets but it doesn’t mirror the sound right, meaning it’s that app’s issue) it does, however, work with the Fight Camp app. They don’t have a Roku app and the music projects the way it’s supposed to. I would say read and run the test they mention in the description (or in this response to me) and determine if it’s what you’re looking for
*Turn down your volume on your device* sound will play from both and be delayed but if you turn your device down, you’re good
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for your purchase. As mentioned in the App Store description for this app (limitations), DRM protected apps will block the mirroring function for our app (and mirror apps in general). For instance, Netflix, Disney, AppleTV+, and Hulu have decided to block this.The best way to check if an app has DRM limitation enabled is to perform a regular 'screen recording' selecting the camera roll as destination (not our app). If the recording turns up with either a white or black screen, DRM protection is enabled and you cannot mirror that particular app. However, you can use our app in many other ways, like sharing photos and videos with your family, friends or colleagues. We hope you can improve our star rating with this information.
Try our Mac app: the mentioned DRM protected app can work on our Mac app when you stream from Chrome or Firefox browser(not for iTunes movies or Apple TV). Go to our website to download our free trial.
When you are unsatisfied with a purchase on the App Store, you can always get a refund from Apple. This is how that works: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204084
I’m amazed! My expectations were pretty slim because I had tried a couple of other apps that actually had ROKU in their name, and those didn’t work for me. This one is surprisingly great! I wasn’t sure what to expect when the app and the screen on my ROKU tv said “recording, do not disturb while recording everything on your device’s screen”, meaning my iPad. I waited while it recorded, not knowing how long to wait, what to expect, and what was going to work. I wondered if I was supposed to have something selected to record, which I had not done. Not necessary! The app on the ROKU tv matching the one on my iPad were connected, in progress, and I only watched to make sure the iPad didn’t go to sleep. It was done in just under 10 minutes. Everything I’ve tried out has worked amazingly. My iPad games, photos, other apps, and even this review as I type it on my iPad are on the screen of my ROKU tv! I subscribed to a quilting group, The Quilt Show, and wanted a way to see it on my ROKU tv screen in my sewing room. This app is going to make that possible. (Otherwise, I would be dropping my subscription with the quilt group.) Thank you so very much for this app! I wish I could include a photo here. The ROKU tv shows exactly whatever I open on my connected iPad, including the other apps - games, photos, video, online, offline. 😢
I initially tried all the free ones I could find that claimed to do the same thing, and none of them worked properly. Even the one that let you try it once for free and then pay didn’t work. So I was understandably very hesitant to drop $5 just to see if this one did. It was a gamble that completely paid off. So far I’ve been able to stream videos multiple times with no problems. There’s a few-second delay, which is well advertised before you download it. As long as you make sure your audio and video are coming from your tv (instead of audio through phone and video on tv), there are no sync issues. Great app, and literally the only one I tried that actually worked!
My only disappointment, which is substantial enough to want to lower the stars I give, is that this company makes each tv brand it’s own app, so it’s another $5 if you want to stream to another branded tv, as well as the annoyance of it being a separate app on your phone. I really wish everything was included in one app.
That being said, wonderful job on making an app that works, and I hope my taking the time to give 5 stars will encourage you to make the proposed changes and keep working on perfecting the app. Thanks a bunch! (Much cheaper than an Apple TV!)
Developer Response ,
Hi Kenneth M, thanks a lot for your kind words. Our development team appreciates them and works towards improving our product. Enjoy using the app! :)
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AirBeamTV BV
- 141.5 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © AirBeamTV BV
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Plan: All Features $4.99
- Annual Plan: All Roku Features $14.99
- Yearly Subscription Roku Pro $14.99
- Pay Once & All Roku Features $33.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.