Server v5.31.3+ is required. Support for server Extended Support Release (ESR) 5.25 has ended and upgrading to server ESR v5.31.3 or later is required. As we innovate and offer newer versions of our mobile apps, we maintain backwards compatibility only with supported server versions. Users who upgrade to the newest mobile apps while being connected to an unsupported server version can be exposed to compatibility issues, which can cause crashes or severe bugs that break core functionality of the app.
Mattermost is secure workplace messaging from behind your firewall.
- Discuss topics in private groups, one-to-one or team-wide
- Easily share and view image files
- Connect in-house systems with webhooks and Slack-compatible integrations
To use this app, you need a URL for a Mattermost server.
Contribute to the project: https://github.com/mattermost/mattermost-mobile
Server Versions Supported: Server v5.31.3+ is required, Self-Signed SSL Certificates are not supported unless the user installs the CA certificate on their device.
- Added support for Collapsed Reply Threads (Beta).
- Added support for Custom Status Expiry.
- Added support for Granular Data Retention Policies.
- Added the custom statuses to the mention autocomplete.
- Changed the default behaviour of autocomplete user interface for cases of long display names. Long display names will be truncated to show the username.
- Added support for showing plugin slash command icons.
- Added support for apps to add arbitrary markdown in between fields on forms.
- Implemented a new style for app submit buttons.
- Added markdown support for app fields descriptions and errors.
- Fixed an issue where boolean fields did not get disabled on dialogs when they should have.
- Fixed an issue with displaying the current user when multiple users were part of the System join / leave messages.
- Fixed a race condition when bringing the app to the foreground by tapping in a notification that belongs to a channel other than the current channel that caused the current channel to miss any mentions if it had any.
- Fixed an issue with attaching files to the correct post.
Ratings and Reviews
Bugs, lagging feature parity, and poor support
Unfortunately, I’m forced to use this service for my job but it’s definitely not Slack. First, there are a lot of bugs with the server, the Mac client, and the iOS app. Specifically to the iOS app, there are “stuck” notifications on the app icon. Secondly, support is pretty much non-existent unless you want to go through a hassle of opening a GiuHub issue and hoping someone looks at it. Open-source should not equal poor support. Lastly, the feature parity is just not there.
This app works, apart from the notification bug, so I’ll give it 3 stars. But the overall service and apps combined is pretty awful. I can’t believe people would pay for an “Enterprise” license given its issues.
[update] Took a YEAR for the developers to respond to this, and then it’s a “try our new version”. In that time, we moved to Slack and now to Teams. Sorry, but that’s just too slow. I mean, it does work, but I would never choose it for wide scale Enterprise use.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, appreciate your feedback. Can you attempt to upgrade to our latest release and try again? Our support team is really helpful and always available at firstname.lastname@example.org if your issues persist
Buggy as can be.
Look, I decided to implement this instead of Slack for my company because I can host on prem and have total control over the functionality. It also ties in nicely with Jira and other well known webhooks: Cloudwatch, Jira etc. But my god, is this the buggiest software/app. Notifications sometimes send (we’re on the enterprise version) - the notification server works when it wants to. If you’re on your phone while a Mattermost notification comes through, you won’t see the pop up. If you’re lucky you’ll see a badge number, but that’s rare. If you do get a badge number, it won’t go away until you log out which is a pain especially if you’re using 2FA. It’s odd, because Mattermost is supposed to be Enterprise level, and their interface is so nice and nice to use, but for whatever reason they can’t seem to iron out all their bugs. How hard is it to fix a badge icon? Or actually push notifications? What’s funny is that on this latest release it says badge icon issue fixed - I updated - and the issue is still there. Ughh. What can you do? Fix your bugs Mattermost!
Developer Response ,
Hi there, can you attempt to upgrade to our latest release and try again? We've addressed some issues around badges and notifications. Please contact our support team if your issue persists at email@example.com
Good, but not in sync with Desktop App
I’ve had issues on and off since I first started using mattermost on mobile, like recently being unable to even connect to my server, but right now things seem to be functioning as intended. And in general that functionality is pretty decent.
I do know you’re taking some known issues, like the notification dot not clearing until switching conversions. And I know you’ve been working on a thread overhaul (can’t wait!).
My main concern right now is the lack of parity with the Desktop App. Mobile just got custom statuses a few days after Desktop got that plus custom categories. Now on mobile, all my conversations in custom categories are instead moved into the general list, not even listed under favorites which is what I would have expected at a minimum.
Please remember that parity is important in the future. And please make sure the categories on mobile feature is on your near-term roadmap!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Mattermost, Inc.
- 39 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2017 Mattermost, Inc. All Rights Reserved
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.