Yoink for iPad and iPhone lets you easily and quickly store items you drag, copy, share or download for later use.
This way, you can collect items in a central place without having to constantly move back and forth between your source- and destination applications.
The app accepts virtually any file type, for example app-content like images from websites, text snippets, web urls, eMails and documents - no matter if you drag, copy, share or download them.
Here's what users say about Yoink:
"The best shelf app on iOS" - Igloouk, UK App Store
"Most useful app in the iOS store. What a gem." - noway170, Austrian App Store
"A godsend. Get this. Now." - mr chairboy, US App Store
As a Slide-Over or Side-by-Side app on iPad, Yoink is always ready for you to drag something to it, no matter what app you're in. Just slide Yoink into view and conclude your drag operation.
On iPhone, use Yoink's Share extension, or copy-paste items into Yoink.
Items are stored in Yoink for later use, featuring rich previews for easy identification and full previews for most file types.
Drags containing multiple items are combined into a Stack.
Yoink comes with deep system integration:
- iCloud Sync
Synchronize Yoink's items across your devices using iCloud
Transfer files between iPhones, iPads and Macs (separate Mac Yoink app required) using Handoff
- Action/Share Extension
Almost any item you can share via the system-wide Share sheet, you can send directly to Yoink from there
Yoink has its own keyboard so that inserting items you've stored in Yoink is easy and quick, without having to launch Yoink.
- Spotlight Integration
Any item in Yoink can be found via Spotlight - and the search-results are draggable.
- Today Widget
Access Yoink's items and save the contents from your clipboard in Yoink from Notification Center
- Shortcuts / Siri Suggestions
Yoink offers you Siri Shortcuts and Suggestions so you can automate processes, like adding items from the clipboard to Yoink, or copying items from Yoink, as well as starting downloads in Yoink.
- Files Integration
Access Yoink's files from any app that supports iOS 11's document browser
Here's what the press says about Yoink:
"Yoink is the shelf app Apple should have made." - Federico Viticci, MacStories.net
"Yoink is a must-have app" - Jeff Benjamin; 9to5mac.com
"Indispensable for power users." - Craig Grannell; techradar.com
Yoink v2.2.1-v2.2.3 fix a few smaller issues.
New in Yoink v2.2:
- Yoink has been made more accessible
- iCloud sync is now more performant and reliable
- Instead of multiple lists based on the devices you're syncing, Yoink now shows one unified list
- Uses iOS 14's new image picker
- The iCloud button now gives feedback (sync disabled, sync enabled, syncing, error)
- Sync can now be turned off directly in the app
- Yoink and its extensions have been fine- tuned for performance and reliability
- The improved keyboard lets you more easily select, insert, copy, and now, filter, items
- Filter search results by file type, and use search results directly by previewing, copying or dragging them
- Swipe between files in Quick Look
- Support for iPadOS' cursor has been improved
- URLs can now be opened in your default browser instead of Yoink's in- app one (see Settings.app > Yoink)
- Start downloads from URLs you've stored in Yoink (that don't point to text or html data)
- "Un- stack" individual files
- Add Sketches using Apple Pencil or your finger
- Smarter filters
- Performance improvements when loading, saving, adding, selecting, copying, dragging, filtering, searching and creating icons
- The Clipboard Bar now asks for your preference upon first use
- Improved Shortcuts.app shortcuts
- Reorder items in Yoink without having to tap Edit first
- Zoom in and out of text you're editing
- Various UI improvements in Yoink and its extensions
- Icons are now created for previously unsupported file types
- Passwords and transient data is now more reliably ignored, based on recommendations and conventions established by nspasteboard.org
- The Trash now displays the most recently deleted items at the top
- Improves compatibility with Evernote.app, Mail.app, Palettes.app, and various data types
- 3-finger-shortcuts now work correctly
- UI issues
- Downloads finished in an extensions sometimes are not recognized
- Unwanted file duplications
- Various app crashes
- Spotlight indexes aren't updated correctly when adding or updating a file
- Dragging an item onto another to create a Stack is sometimes not persisted to disk
- Other items in Yoink can be selected while already dragging files
In the File Provider:
- Various fixes for handling plain text data types and txt files
- Various fixes when renaming a file
- Splitting up / creating Stacks is sometimes not correctly reflected
- Multiple (mostly rare) extension crashes
- Various fixes for handling complete and incomplete downloads
- Tags are sometimes not applied correctly
- Metadata is not always cleaned up
In the Action / Share extension:
- Files added from the extension sometimes disappear from the main app
In the Today Widget:
- Finished downloads are sometimes not displayed
In the Keyboard:
- Scrolling back and forth results in blank, unusable items
- The keyboard sometimes comes up blank, even though it should show Yoink's items
- With a hardware keyboard attached / connected, it can be difficult to consistently activate the keyboard
I hope you enjoy Yoink :) If you do, please consider leaving a rating or a review of the app - it would mean a lot to me and help me out quite a bit. Thank you.
If you're interested in my apps and their development, or my life as an indie developer, I'd like to invite you to follow me on my blog (https://blog.eternalstorms.at), twitter (https://twitter.com/eternalstorms), facebook (https://facebook.com/eternalstorms) or instagram (https://instagram.com/eternalstorms).
Should you experience issues with Yoink or have any feedback or questions, please don't hesitate to write me at email@example.com
Thank you kindly,
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
iCloud sync? Finally. A great “shelf” for any device
I have used this on my Mac for years. I great place to put things I will need later. It works that way on my iPhone and iPad and that is fine. I have always wanted syncing, however. With version 2.0 iCloud syncing is supposed to be a reality, at lease between IOS devices (mac coming soon). Anyway, it seems iCloud sync allows you to “see” and even “open” things on other devices. I have not been able to save items from other devices, although handoff does that. Handoff between devices and between devices and a Mac works great.
So this is not really a “sync” it just allows a window into other devices that are open and that have something in them. If a devices Yoink is empty it will not appear on the sync list.
I very much enjoy Yoink. The one feature I would like to see (I’ll admit I may be missing the point and need a different clipboard manager) is the ability to folder or tag items. It would be most handy when using the Yoink keyboard to be able to switch to a specific tag or folder and grab what is needed. At this point, I have over 60 items in Yoink and have to scroll around to find what I am looking for. I know where most of them are at this point but I know as it grows just a little more, it is going to become unwieldy. I write a ton on iPad and iPhone versus computer or even paper so I’ve come to use Yoink quite a bit. I don’t use my MacBook much at all anymore but I’ve purchased both the Mac and iOS versions and this is one of those apps that even after buying, I’d be happy to gave an in-app purchase for ‘tips’ that I would use once in a while as more versions/improvements/enhancements/functionality is introduced. I definitely support, supporting developers.
Useful information from the developer (NOT ME)
- From Yoink (iOS) to Yoink (Mac)
Launch Yoink on your iOS device. Either make a selection of the files you’d like to transfer or don’t select any files.
On the Mac, in the Dock, next to the Finder icon, you should see Yoink’s icon with a little iOS device on top of it. Click it.
Now the Handoff process will start
- From Yoink (Mac) to Yoink (iOS)
Select the files you’d like to transfer in Yoink on Mac
If your iOS device is an iPad, on the right side of your Dock, Yoink’s icon should appear with a little Mac icon on top of it. Tap it and the Handoff process will start.
If your iOS device is an iPhone X, swipe up from the very bottom to show the app switcher. There’s a black bar at the bottom saying something like “Yoink - from <Name of Mac>” - tap it.
If your iOS device is an iPhone with a home button, click the home button twice to show the app switcher. There’s a black bar at the bottom saying something like “Yoink - from <Name of Mac>” - tap it.
Please let me know if that worked for you.
- Matthias Gansrigler
- 19.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2017-2020 Eternal Storms Software, Matthias Gansrigler
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.