Automated meeting notes for Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, and more. Stay connected and collaborative when you work from home.
Otter records and takes meeting notes for you in real-time, so you can stay focused on the conversation and rest assured that all information (e.g. actions, highlights, photos, attendees) is captured, easily searchable, and shareable with your team. Otter.ai is also available online. English only.
Supercharge your note taking with AI and use Otter for all your meetings, interviews, lectures, and everyday voice conversations.
Many Uses of Otter
• Take meeting notes automatically
• Share meeting minutes and summary with teammates to keep everyone in sync
• Invite collaborators to edit and highlight meeting notes
• Record and transcribe interviews, lectures, podcasts, videos, webinars, keynotes
• Provide live captioning to deaf, hard-of-hearing, ESL people, and anyone with accessibility needs
Record & Transcribe Live
• Record instantly in one tap, with widget and shortcut too
• Transcribe in real time (when online) with high accuracy
• Highlight the key points to review later
• Insert photos of whiteboard discussions, slides, etc.
• Scroll back to grab a quote or revisit a point
• Input audio via built-in mic or Bluetooth device
Enrich Notes with AI
• Punctuate, capitalize, and break paragraphs automatically
• Identify speakers (after some training)
• Generate word clouds and summary keywords; tap on a word to jump to where it was said
Share & Collaborate
• Start a recording inside a group to share the transcript live
• Invite group members to view, edit, and highlight collaboratively
• Share externally via links
• Include a link in your tweet to embed an interactive transcript
Search & Playback
• Search the text so you don't have to scrub through the whole audio
• Playback at adjustable speeds
• Follow along the highlighted word as the audio is playing
• Tap on any word to skip the audio to that spot
Edit & Highlight
• Edit the text to correct any errors
• Tag the speakers to label the paragraphs and train Otter to identify speakers too
• Highlight sentences in one tap
Organize & Export
• Organize conversations into personal folders
• Copy to clipboard, or share directly to other apps
• Export as PDF, TXT, SRT, MP3
Import & Sync
• Import audio and video files
• Sync your Zoom account to transcribe cloud recordings
• Upload from other call recording apps
• Sync your calendars to be reminded to record your meetings and auto-title your notes
• Import your contacts for easy sharing
Optimized for iOS
• Start/Stop recording with Siri Shortcut & home widget
• Record via AirPods
• Sync with iOS Calendar, Contacts & Camera
• Preview conversations with 3D Touch
• Lock with Face/Touch ID
• Print via AirPrint
• Adjust font size with Dynamic Type
• 6000 minutes of transcription per month
• More playback speeds and skip silence
• Bulk export
• Choose from USD 12.99 billed monthly or USD 99.99 billed yearly
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
• You can manage your subscriptions in Settings and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription
• Built for teams and organizations
• Capture, organize, and share valuable knowledge collaboratively
• Manage accounts and billing centrally
"Apps We Love 2019" – App Store
"7 Best Apps of 2018" – Mashable
"25 Best New Apps of 2018" – Fast Company
We take security and privacy seriously. Your data is confidential and will not be transferred to third parties. You have full control to delete your data from your account.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for speedy product support.
Terms of Service: https://otter.ai/terms-of-service
• Conversations in groups are always in the same order when you open the Otter app on any supported platform.
Ratings and Reviews
Taken aback by how closely accurately and easily this works
Okay, so I’m one of these people that hardly ever writes a review because either apps work they way they’re supposed to or not, in which case you look for ones that do, but I’ve been using this app for the past 10 minutes and I can attest that the transcription part has been working perfectly (probably 95% accuracy). I only need to go back into it and edit a few words which they it gets wrong, but basically this will end up saving me hours of the transcription process — what makes it even better/easier is that as the words are heard spoken, it highlights the specific words so it makes it that much easier for me to make sure that what was said is what was transcribed and I can fix it on the fly right there if it is not. You gotta try this out for yourself to believe it. In my case, it was just me speaking into the microphone from wherever I was and my voice was pretty clear, plus it imported perfectly from Scrivener into the app, I made corrections and instead of exporting it back into the app, I got as far as right before importing and copied the corrected transcription to paste into the app. If I had to do this for a living I’d be getting the premium service. Anyway, this truly works.
Developer Response ,
Thanks! Refer your friends through your referral link and you both get rewarded. Follow us on Twitter (@otter_ai), Facebook (@OtterAI), and LinkedIn (Otter.ai). Also check out Otter for Teams ( https://otter.ai/teams ) for your organization.
Great BUT Please Get Google Integration!
I’m in yearbook at my highschool and I do interviews all the time and this is the best app for the job, hands down. I still have to make edits to my interviews because the hallways can be noisy and the people I’m interviewing can be quiet and this can lead to the app not picking up words or getting the wrong words, but I can’t really control those things. My only problem with the app is that I cannot just convert it into a Google Doc straight from the app, many school districts are moving to Google for their way of communication (Classroom, Docs, Slides, Gmail) and it would save me time because currently I have to put it in my notes app, then copy it, then create a Doc, then paste it in the doc. My guess is you guys have been thinking about this for a while and I saw that you guys respond to reviews somewhat quickly so I thought I would give a review.
P.S. Also, does a visual representation of the different speakers exist on the app? I would love to be able to visually know when speakers change, I understand how this would be hard because not everyone talks the same all day but maybe you could let us do it manually? Like my font would always be grey and other people talking (in my case it’s 1 person) would be another color. Alright, I hope this gets through to somebody who can at least think about it. Thank you for your time. Great app.
Developer Response ,
Hi Ian, (1) you may export TXT directly to Google Drive app, then click "Open with Google Docs" in Google Drive website. (2) Otter learns to identify speaker voices from the speech bubbles you tag, by tapping on the avatar to the left of a bubble and entering or selecting a name. For best results, tag at least 15 seconds of speech for each speaker, with minimal background noise and not mixed with other people's voices. Wait 10-15 minutes for Otter to generate voiceprints, then select Rematch Speakers under the 3-dot menu to have Otter tag the remaining bubbles for you automatically. Email us at email@example.com if you need further clarifications.
PERFECT for the deaf/hard of hearing!
In these Covid times, many places of employment have switched to remote/distance communications via different platforms. In the world of education, we will be starting our school year remotely and as a teacher that is hard of hearing, I rely on lip reading. For years I have been looking for an app to transcribe speech to text. I have downloaded tons and paid for more than I’m embarrassed to admit. Today. My life was changed. 5 minutes before a scheduled online training, I threw up a Hail Mary and downloaded otter. I pushed record and waited for the usual transcript...which is usually: what.....come......no.......books. To my huge surprise otter immediately begin transcribing the speech of the presenter word for word. I couldn’t believe it. I used it for the entire 8 hours of my training today. Best app I have ever used. It was FREE AND it saved every single transcription that it recorded. I can’t thank this company enough or sing it’s praises enough. I can now participate, ask questions, give feedback via online classrooms only bc of otter! Download it....it is so worth it. Excited to try it in meetings, drs offices, etc! Thank you Otter! Thank you!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Otter.ai, Inc.
- 96.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Otter.ai
- In-App Purchases
- Otter Pro (monthly) $12.99
- Otter Pro (Yearly) $99.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.