Automated meeting notes for Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, and more. Stay connected and collaborative when you work from home.
Remember every detail. Record and transcribe conversations and meetings. Automated meeting notes for Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, and more.
Otter is where conversations live. Otter records and takes meeting notes for you in real-time, so you can stay focused on the conversation and rest assured that all information (e.g. actions, highlights, photos, attendees) is captured, easily searchable, and shareable with your team. Otter.ai is also available online. English only.
Supercharge your note-taking with AI and use Otter for all your meetings, interviews, lectures, and everyday voice conversations.
Many Uses of Otter
• Take meeting notes automatically
• Share meeting minutes and summary with teammates to keep everyone in sync
• Record and transcribe interviews, lectures, podcasts, videos, webinars, keynotes
• Provide live captioning to deaf, hard-of-hearing, ESL people, and anyone with accessibility needs
Record & Transcribe Live
• Record instantly in one tap, with widget and shortcut too
• Transcribe in real time (when online) with high accuracy
• Highlight the key points to review later
• Insert photos of whiteboard discussions, slides, etc.
• Input audio via built-in mic or Bluetooth device
Enrich Notes with AI
• Punctuate, capitalize, and break paragraphs automatically
• Identify speakers (after some training)
• Generate word clouds and summary keywords; tap on a word to jump to where it was said
Share & Collaborate
• Start a recording inside a group to share the transcript live
• Invite group members to view, edit, and highlight collaboratively. All highlights will be captured in the Takeaways panel.
• Within the Takeaways panel, add notes, comments, and assign action items.
• Share externally via links
Search & Playback
• Search the text so you don't have to scrub through the whole audio
• Playback at adjustable speeds
• Follow along the highlighted word as the audio is playing
• Tap on any word to skip the audio to that spot
Edit & Highlight
• Edit the text to correct any errors
• Tag the speakers to label the paragraphs and train Otter to identify speakers too
• Highlight sentences in one tap.
Organize & Export
• Organize conversations into personal folders
• Copy to clipboard, or share directly to other apps
• Export as PDF, TXT, SRT, MP3
Import & Sync
• Import audio and video files
• Sync your Zoom account to transcribe cloud recordings
• Upload from other call recording apps
• Sync your calendars to be reminded to record your meetings and auto-title your notes
• Import your contacts for easy sharing
Optimized for iOS
• Start/Stop recording with Siri Shortcut & home widget
• Record via AirPods
• Sync with iOS Calendar, Contacts & Camera
• Preview conversations with 3D Touch
• Lock with Face/Touch ID
• Print via AirPrint
• Adjust font size with Dynamic Type
• More playback speeds and skip silence
• Bulk export
• Choose either monthly billing or save big with yearly billing
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
• You can manage your subscriptions in Settings and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription
"Apps We Love 2019" – App Store
"7 Best Apps of 2018" – Mashable
"25 Best New Apps of 2018" – Fast Company
We take security and privacy seriously. Your data is confidential and will not be transferred to third parties. You have full control to delete your data from your account.
Need help? Check out our Help Center: https://help.otter.ai
Terms of Service: https://otter.ai/terms-of-service
• Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Otter brings artificial intelligence to the human voice. It’s an automatic transcription app: Whether you’re recording a voice note, a lecture, a business meeting, or a video conference, the app listens to what’s being said and automatically turns it into onscreen, searchable text. It also adds suggested keywords, which you can use to navigate through the recording when you play it back. You can use your device’s own mic, your AirPods, or a Bluetooth microphone, and the app can also transcribe from previously recorded audio. As you’d expect, the better quality the audio, the better results you’ll get.
This is godsend if you have some deficits when it comes to executive functioning. I suffer with ADHD and Autism, so my executive functioning abilities are almost nonexistent which makes it very difficult to be productive. Additionally, because of my Autism, I think in pictures and have to use a lot of energy to translate verbal language into something that I can understand. So that often means that it takes me awhile to process information that is handed to me verbally. This makes it very hard to stay “present” in meetings. If I’m getting a lot of new verbal information, my brain quickly becomes fatigue and it becomes difficult to pay attention and to understand what is going on. This app is godsend for someone like me. I am able to record my meetings (I use a voice recorder) and then I can transcribe my meetings with this app.
I no longer feel a sense of dread because even if my ADHD is acting particularly bad one day meaning it’s difficult for me to stay focused, I can use this app as a backup so that I can review text when my brain isn’t stuck in the clouds. I’ll never be without this thing! I’ve tried many other apps that claim to do something similar, but I wasn’t happy with the results. So I was initially skeptical when it came to this app. But it’s been transcribing this quite accurately!
This tool has been a life changer for me. I used to struggle to write, and voice memos become my preferred method of expression. I hated having to listen to my voice to get a transcription, and the free voice to text service from word and google docs never got an accurate transcription (i have a tongue tie and don’t speak “properly”).
I have been using otter for a couple months now to help me write. It’s the best service i have found for the price, and i would recommend to anyone who uses voice memos to record notes or write. The transcripts are very accurate and the ability to make corrections makes this very powerful. There are playback speed options, and you can see in the transcript what word is which from the recording timing. I just wish i could take the videos of my livestreams and upload them for transcription, but i get around this by simply playing the livestream later, while this records the audio, or by recording the audio into otter while i stream. Such a great service! Wish i had this in college, i probably could’ve had the best lecture notes, as well as a cohesive strategy for essay writing via voice memo. Highly highly recommend, the free version is very useful so give it a try!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Otter.ai, Inc.
- 109.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Otter.ai
- In-App Purchases
- Otter Pro (monthly) $16.99
- Otter Pro (monthly) $16.99
- Otter Pro (Yearly) $99.99
- Otter Pro (yearly) $99.99