Here are the latest features and fixes of Pro 2! If you have questions, email us at email@example.com. If you’re enjoying the update, we’d love if you rate the app!
- Export your mute groups to MPC Desktop.
- Customize the name of your project with emojis and other special characters.
- AU features include higher octaves and general AUv3 improvements for stability.
- Users can seek in Timeline and Tracks view by tapping the ruler. One tap sets the restart point. Drag for fine adjustment. Tap stop while already stopped to reset it, or simply tap on the left-side of the ruler.
- Spotify playlists may now be accessed again.
- Inter-app works at correct pitch on 48khz-based iPads (newer models).
- Fix bug in which Audio track automation could be lost.
- Sound Editor: Fix bug when trying to select first slice in certain auto-sliced sounds.
- Sound Editor: Fix buzz when holding down audition pad after performing certain edits (amplify, fade in/out, etc).
- Fix bug where new tracks could pick up a previous track's Mute and Solo settings.
- Gain is scaled properly for MPC Desktop exporting.
- Fixed FluxLink buzzing/crashing during overdub.
- Disallow deleting the entire sound in the sound editor (use the Tweak workflow for replacing/removing sounds).
- Fix bug in which all AUv3 parameters would appear in Timeline>Params if one automation lane was added.
- Fix crash when going from page to page during MIDI learn.
- AUv3s which perform disk buffering now render correctly during Mixdown and Stems bouncing.
- AU keyboard can now go to higher octaves.
- Projects now warn the user when a project is loaded with a missing AudioUnit.
- Fix crash on cancelling AudioCopy export.
- Fix crash caused by toggling between AUTO/GRID slicing when in the middle of an edit.
- Fix unicode-related crash when exporting to MPC Desktop.
- MPCPro Pack selector automatically dismissed when switching from drum track to another type.
- Fix unresponsive note grid pulldown in audio tracks.
- Strict enforcement of monophonic pad behavior in 16 levels mode.
- Audio tracks no longer echo the old recording as you record over it
- Last remaining sequence in song is cleared if user attempts to delete it.
Ratings and Reviews
worth the money?
90% the same as impc pro as far as useful functionality for my needs goes. A few recs: There is no ability to import Factory Sounds from Pro to Pro 2. No ability to rename Tracks. And to transfer Projects from Pro to Pro 2 you have to use the archaic Itunes File Transfer process with your computer. Perhaps the Audio and AU Track record will come in handy for some. But the midi edit and audio edit features are not as good as those in, such as, Cubasis. Just me, but there is a 32 bar limit to the Tracks view Audi and IAA recordings. So you have to go from sequence to sequence to use the track editors for Full Song edits that may span Sequences. And Import/Export doesn’t directly connect to any useful libraries for me, like icloud, dropbox, audioshare. But if you’re clever you can make things happen using Audiocopy as an intermediary. If you like Impc Pro, you’ll like Impc Pro 2 better, and maybe the $25 cost will help the developers add more Ease of Use and interoperability features. Personally, I use impc only as input to Cubasis where its ez to edit, mix, import/export. But with the new record options, its becoming more a part of my Stable.
Developer Response ,
Hi! Thanks for your thoughtful review. I can see that you're really diving deep into the workflow for iMPC Pro 2! Have you updated to our most recent version – some of these things have been improved since you wrote your review. We're currently testing a feature that allows for better workflow between iMPC Pro 1 and 2, specifically with transferring projects between the apps. Would you like to be added to our beta testing list? If so, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get you set up. - Taylor
iPad Pro 12” User HAS Immediate Disappointment
Well...let me preface. I have been a long time user of both iMPC and iMPC Pro and have been excited about this upgrade for a while. I bought an iPad Pro 12” to up my game. I almost bought the original MPC cover that was made for the original iPad because I loved this app so much. I am thoroughly enjoying the apps that take advantage of the screen space on the iPad Pro 12”. It actually feels much better making music on the bigger surface. THIS VERSION OF THE APP UNFORTUNATELY DOES NOT. The most glaring problem for me is the size of the pads for iMPC are the same exact pixel space if they were on the smaller iPads with a lot of empty grey space surrounding them. PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE GOING TO FIX THIS - IF NOT, I want a refund.
By the way, the pads on iMPC Pro 1 scale up to the full size of the area. How was this missed on version 2?
I love you guys - If this is fixed, I’ll be able to give a proper review and feel like I can use this instrument. I’m really excited about the new features but I don’t want to even attempt playing the pads at that size. I got the iPad Pro for this reason. Heck, iMPC is one of the main reasons I upgraded my iPad. Otherwise, it feels completely unnatural to play in the smaller pads that just float in the middle of the big open grey area., Please fix so I can give you guys the review this app deserves.
Developer Response ,
I just wanted to reach out and let you know the pad size is fixed!
Please let us know if you have any other issues with the app.
You can reach us at email@example.com.
I Love App BUT PLEASE FIX THIS
1st and for most I like to say “I Love this App!!!”. But I have a couple of issues I’m having using iMPC Pro 2.1.. This 1st issue bugs me the most. That would be the random cutting off or choke muting random sounds like I’m running out of polyphony on certain Projects when switching from one Pattern to another. The 2nd issue I have is that the mixer parameters changes with each Pattern. When I put my Project in Song format and make a Volume change or EQ change or EFX Send change for the overall Song it just only make changes to the Pattern that is selected. It always seem like it’s in Automation mode and I wish it a way to turn off this feature. I HATE THIS!!! This is is something you will notice and annoy you when you are splitting your instruments up into multi tracks. Like Kick Track 1, Snare Track 2, Bassline Track 3 etc..... Please investigate this and fix these issues. I’m using an 6 Generation iPad with 128gig of memory. I have 2 feature request and that would be Real-time Sample Time Stretching and Sample Loop Crossfading.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.