The #1 Japanese English Translator & Dictionary for iPhone, iPad & Apple Watch ◇ Offline Translator & Dictionary ◇ Verb Conjugator ◇ Phrasebook ◇ Vocabulary Quizzes ◇ Flashcards ◇ Loved by Millions
"Apps from Vidalingua are hugely popular... they're free and they work offline, handy when you're actually abroad." New York Times
Selected by Apple as "What's Hot" in over 40 countries.
“This app packs an undeniable allure for travelers.” iPhone App Review
“This app includes more reliable features than any of the others I’ve tried. The customer service people are great.”
“My students are ditching their books for iPads so I looked at apps and websites with quality material. This is the app I recommend.”
“I use this everyday to help me with my work. I would recommend this to anyone who needs a translator better than google translate.”
“Great for Travel. Very helpful to find words and phrases without an internet connection.”
“I've tried several apps and this is the best one I found so far. After trying the free version, I purchased the Pro upgrade.”
Japanese Translator Dictionary + by VidaLingua transforms your iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch into an advanced language assistant, always ready to help. It includes features you won’t find in any other app and it’s trusted by millions of users who have given it the highest ratings of any app in its category.
• Offline Phrase Translator using advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI), augmented by the Human Intelligence (HI) of our linguists, to deliver the best translations of any app.
• Photo Translator. Take a picture and translate any text in the image.
• Voice Translator. Say a phrase in one language and translate it to another.
• Text Translator. Type or copy text and generate accurate translations.
• Japanese English Dictionary with over 2,740,000 offline entries. Includes numerous translations, usage examples, part-of-speech & images. Compiled and updated by professional linguists.
• Best verb conjugator of any app including 10,626 Japanese verbs, 4,318 English verbs. Over 1,094,292 verb forms in all!
• Phrasebook with 20 categories such as Conversation, Asking Directions and Making Friends.
• Multiple-choice vocabulary quizzes.
• Flashcards. Create study lists based on dictionary favorites.
• Offline pronunciation in Japanese & English. Settings for speed and accent (Japanese, US, UK, Australia, South Africa, Ireland).
• iPad Split Screen support so you can drag & drop words from other apps into Japanese Translator & Dictionary + to translate them.
• Apple Watch support with voice lookups so you can say a word and find translations quickly.
• Advanced voice recognition to enter words and phrases hands-free. Useful for practicing pronunciation.
• Helpful dictionary features such as single index search, reverse lookup and sharing entries with friends.
• Integrated access to Wikipedia, Wiktionary and other online sources for dictionary words.
• Dictionary word attachments for notes, images and audio clips.
• My Phrases section of phrasebook to add your own translations.
• Vidalingua Pro includes more dictionary examples, more verb forms, a bigger phrasebook and no ads. By upgrading, you’ll be supporting our team of linguists, developers and customer success partners who greatly appreciate your support!
“My go to app for everything Japanese and English!
“This has been an extremely useful app as I prepare for a language exam and review verb conjugations.”
“I love this app so much! It is a complete package for finding almost anything starting from words to phrases in Japanese.”
At Vidalingua, we consider every user a partner to help us make the best app in the world for learning a language.
Download Japanese Translator & Dictionary + for free and start learning today!
Hi Partners / こんにちはパートナー,
This version adds polish and a few creature comforts. A heartfelt thanks to our testers!
If you have any issues, please email email@example.com
* Enhanced image capture for the Photo Translator.
* Improved support for Dynamic Text (large text sizes) on Dictionary history and favorites lists.
* Added the ability to delete words from the Dictionary lookup history list.
* Improved Dictionary entries for verbs such as “be”, “am”, and “are”.
* Fixed issue which caused words at the end of dictionary and verb lookup lists to be hidden under the keyboard.
* Added visual cue to alert people when they request a translation in the wrong language direction.
* Enhanced Flashcard screen layout, icons, and increased the tap-able area of the Next Card arrow.
* Added multi-line support for Flashcard words that exceeded the line length.
* Fixed issues with Quick Start menu that appears when you hold down app icon.
* Minor bug fixes, screen layout and help improvements.
If you like free updates, please rate our app 5-stars in the App Store. Thanks!
Ratings and Reviews
The app worked great for the first two days. Now I don’t have access to my saved phrases. Whenever I press the button “translate” the app would shut itself off.
Developer Response ,
We have released version 7.2.9 of Japanese Translator + in the App Store. It is very important to me that my app works perfectly for all users.
Can you please email firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention Marc, so I can make sure it works for you?
Marc Bolh, CEO Vidalingua
Reference tools for Learning Japanese
I spent some time working in Tokyo and my Japanese was pretty good by the end of my stay. Now that I'm back in the US I don't get that many chances to speak Japanese so I rely on learning tools like apps.
Japanese Translator + is a good app that is complementary to other learning resources because it has a collection of reference tools.
The translator does full sentence translations that are accurate for the most part. No machine translator is perfect but this one seems to be as good or better than other popular choices. The dictionary is integrated into the translator so if you look up a single word, you get numerous entries such as part of speech, multiple translations and usage examples. That's an advantage over most translators. You can annotate dictionary words too, haven't seen that in other apps, comes in handy for some words.
The app includes thousands of verb conjugations. Verbs are important to mastering a language so this comes in handy. There is a multiple choice vocab quiz feature and flashcards. You can limit flashcards to dictionary favorites. Would be good if the devs added that to the vocab quizzes. The phrasebook is a bit sparse but you can add your own phrases from the Translator.
I would recommend this app to students or travellers.
Developer Response ,
Glad to hear that you find our app reliable as a reference tool. Thank you for recommending our app to other users.
I really appreciate you took the time to write a review! I will inform our product team of your suggestions about vocab quizzes for consideration in updates.
Angelica, Customer Success
I downloaded this app to help me learn some Japanese for a vacation. The app has a lot more than I expected. The translator works great! I can enter any phrase and get back the results instantaneously. The dictionary is very complete and includes lots of examples. You can lookup words by typing them in the search bar or using voice which is a good way to practice pronunciation. I like the fact that I can tap on any word or example and hear it pronounced. It might be nice to have phonetic pronunciation hints too but the audio is more useful. There are lots of other features I am discovering in this app.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ascendo Inc.
- 100.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2010 Ascendo Vidalingua
- In-App Purchases
- Japanese Premium $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.