The Bose Music app lets you easily browse and control your favorite music from one or many of the new Bose family of smart speakers and soundbars. It works with Bose Home Speaker 500, Bose Soundbar 500, and Bose Soundbar 700. They are part of a system of smart speakers and soundbars designed to grow with you, so you can enjoy more music in more rooms.
SPEED TO MUSIC
It’s faster than ever to browse and play the music you love from Spotify®, Pandora®, Amazon Music, SiriusXM, iHeartRadio™, TuneIn, and more, all from within the new Bose Music app.
One touch and your home is filled with the music you love most. The Bose Music app makes it easy to set your favorite playlists or stations as presets. Then you can access them effortlessly on your app, the buttons on your speaker or soundbar remote.
PERSONALIZE FOR MULTIPLE USERS
The Bose Music app lets multiple users personalize their experience and control their content. One person can quickly access their Spotify playlist. While another easily listens to the latest podcast. Now it’s simple for the whole household to enjoy their favorite music and more.
Play the same music throughout your home or listen to different music in different areas — it’s up to you. The Bose Music app lets you control one or multiple Bose Home Speaker 500, Bose Soundbar 500, and Bose Soundbar 700 in your home, from any room.
* NOTE *
A home Wi-Fi® network and Internet access are required for streaming music. Music services may vary by region.
Bose is a trademark of Bose Corporation in the United States and other jurisdictions.
Alexa voice control not available in all regions.
Spotify is a registered trademark of Spotify AB.
TuneIn is a registered trademark of TuneIn, Inc.
Amazon, Amazon Music, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon, Inc. or its affiliates. Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance®. Pandora, the Pandora logo, and the Pandora trade dress are trademarks or registered trademarks of Pandora Media, Inc. used with permission. iHeartRadio is a registered trademark of iHeartMedia, Inc.
• You can now use your phone or tablet’s volume buttons to control the volume on your smart speakers and soundbars.
• Made some tweaks to help the app perform better than ever.
Ratings and Reviews
App is nice but the NC700 headphones have one annoying thing
Your app is great but it needs 1-2 more option in the voice prompts settings.
Please pass this feedback to your development team:
The NC700 headphones have excessively long voice prompts. The prompts are important, so we want to be able to have them on, but they are so long that by the time the headphones finish talking, you missed half of what the other person was saying on the call. To address this, please add one or two new options to the voice prompt settings:
1. ‘Short’ voice prompts - instead of saying in a slow voice “Battery ten hours/Connected to Bob’s iPhone/Noise canceling zero/etc,” have a fast voice say, “Five hours/Connected/Zero/etc”
2. And/Or, instead of muting the calls/music completely, just slightly reduce their volume while the voice prompt is playing.
BOSE SOUND NOT THE SAME AFTER LAST UPDATE
Be warned Bose will modify the sound of your speakers to save face WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT WITH FORCED UPDATES THAT YOU CANNOT TURN OFF. (Read on). Got my speakers a few months ago and loved them the bass was deep and low and most times I never had to raise the setting in the app past 60. Fast forward a few weeks ago when after an update noticed a difference in the sound from my speakers. Little did I know at the time that there was a known bug in this app that causes your speakers to play at rediculouslly loud volumes when attempting to change the volume level using your iPhone. This bug however only affected iPhones running iOS 13. To correct this Bose last update lowered the output & bass volume of ALL THERE SPEAKERS across all IOS versions thus crippling there speakers overall sound quality. There should be a class action lawsuit for this type of bait and switch. Instead of fixing the issues the Morons crippled there whole product line. BUY THIS BAIT & SWITCH GARBAGE AT YOUR OWN RISK. My speakers now sound like a cheap pair of no name brand. REALLY FURIOUS RIGHT NOW!!!!!
Multiple problems with App & NC 700 Head Phones!
This is only my second day (first full day) trying to use my new NC 700 head phones I bought last night, and already I’m reconsidering this purchase. Here’s why:
1. ditto on mattgraf58’s and other reviews. App doesn’t rotate for iPad’s orientation. Like him I typically use iPad in horizontal view. Very annoying!
2. Instructions for my Bose NC700 Head Phones to pause devices on the app so you can switch between connected devices does not work. Pause button doesn’t respond. I have to completely disconnect and reconnect devices to switch.
3. Connecting to devices takes way too long and must try multiple attempts to connect to the app. When NC700s are connected to my phone the App doesn’t recognize it is.
4. When hitting conversation button on NC700s it only mutes it for a few seconds and then comes back on. Adjusting volume on app doesn’t work either. Had to just take head phones off which defeats the purpose.
I’ve always been a big fan and customer of Bose, but this app and the 700HPs needs work. I would have thought Bose would have fixed these issues before releasing these. I have 30 days to return, so I will give these a good test before returning, but if it’s this difficult just to use the head phones I will probably be returning these for the Sony WH-1000XM3s. Will update review later.
- Bose Corporation
- 437.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2013-2019 Bose Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.