“Nothing sounds quite like a Synclavier”
World-class iOS synthesis has arrived! The Synclavier® II helped shape a generation of popular music and film soundtracks. Now this beast of an emotional vintage synthesizer has been incarnated on iOS using much of the core DSP code from the original and keeping the authentic red-button interface that is both deep and immediate.
Not only retro, but decidedly modern: fully compatible with MPE, Ableton Link, Audiobus 3, MIDI. And the included AUv3 client can run inside of iOS DAWs such as GarageBand, NanoStudio 2, BeatMaker 3, Cubasis 3, Auria Pro.
The powerful Synclavier DSP Engine affords 12 Partial Timbres, Timbre Frames, Samples, FM-Synthesis and Additive-Synthesis methodologies.
It’s so easy to create playable rich string sounds, fantastic Moog esque drones, Prophet like pads, crazy FM brass noises, or Roland 808 style drum hits. It’s a sound designer’s dream and a synthesist’s wonderland.
But there’s more! We’ve added a ton of stuff. The original hardware was 8-bit. With newer technology, we can pack more fidelity and more features in this already awesome synth.
MPE compatibility, seven timbre “quick-change” character buttons, 16-track mixing console, crazy-good Artist Preset Libraries from world-renowned sound designers, and lots more. The Synclavier was always a versatile attention-getting instrument, but now it’s a powerhouse synth to be reckoned with!
Release 1.30 features include -
• iPad, iPhone and iPad Touch compatibility iOS9 or later
• 96-button authentic VPK interface
• AUv3 client compatibility for use within iOS DAWs
• 16 original “Factory Preset Libraries” (8 banks x 8 entries) - 979 timbres
• 3 “Artist Libraries” - 127 all-new timbres
• Sample Library with 116 high-quality soundfiles
• Audio Setup 44.1/48 kHz and sample latency controls
• 16-track multi-timbral implementation with mix controls (iPad only, iPhone is mono-timbral)
• Audiobus-compatible stereo output
• Meticulous re-creation of the Synclavier FM sound using hardware modelling
• Soundfile playback, pitch-shifting, looping, and keyboard mapping
• iCloud compatibility to easily share Timbres (or via Audiobus)
• iTunes file sharing for backup of user timbres and mixes
• Direct expression routing for pitch bend, mod wheel, velocity and pressure
• Full compatibility with MPE interfaces
• Ableton Link synchronization with Repeat/Arpeggiate
• 7 character buttons to quickly sculpt any timbre
• Embedded “Tour” pages detailing setup and operation
• Library browser for saving and calling up Timbres
Synclavier DSP Engine
• 12 Partial Timbres
• Delay-Attack-Decay-Release envelope generators
• 100 Timbre Frames per Partial
• Noise Floor and Bit Depth controls
• Micro-tuning controls
• Dynamic and Keyboard Envelopes
• Vibrato and Tremolo LFOs
• Authentic re-creation of the original instrument and sounds, adjustable from 4-bit grunge to 24 bit silky smoothness.
Synclavier Go! is compatible with all iPad, iPhone and iPad Touch models that can operate iOS 9.0 or later. Soundfile playback and AUv3 compatibility require iOS11 or later. The latest iOS version that is compatible with your device is recommended.
The Synclavier® knob is as unique today as it was revolutionary at the time of its introduction. The knob is a rate-of-change controller; close your eyes and let your right-brain kick in to the sound design process. Forget the numbers; forget the digits; let your ears guide the process. Sound design with a touch-screen and Synclavier® knob is as different from a mouse-driven GUI as, well, Synclavier® was different than the Fairlight CMI! The Synclavier Knob is an exciting and authentic option, but is not required for Synclavier Go! since a virtual knob is provided in the app.
Note to Parents: Synclavier Go! is as educational as it is historic and authentic. This app can introduce your teenager to the technical aspects of sound and sound design in a fun and informative environment.
Added Synclavier Selects Volume 2 Timbre Library with 100+ new restored vintage soundfiles. Also fixed a problem with the MIDI sustain pedal.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Utterly unique and sounds fantastic
The Synclavier sounds unlike any other synth I can think of. I remember seeing Tony Banks perform live with Genesis using a Synclavier II on the Invisible Touch tour and it sounded amazing. This app provides a peek into how those sounds were produced.
I’m not wild about the interface and I find the knob difficult to use on the iPad screen, but considering the real deal cost as much as a house “back in the day” I really don’t think complaining is in order here. I was easily able to dive in and tweak sounds to my liking, and I was surprised at how much I liked the 4 bit effect as well. So much fun.
It is utterly mind blowing that the iPad can now produce the sounds of a DX7, a MiniMoog, a Fairlight and now the mighty Synclavier II. A worthy addition to any collection of synth apps. Looking forward to my deep dive into this unique and powerful tool. Thank you!
fantastic recreation of a legendary instrument. Implementing the additive and FM synthesis capabilities of the original Synclavier with a exemplary restructuring of the UI for a software platform without losing the workflow that made it great in the first place. Looking forward to any upgrades for Go! Hopefully the sample and resynthesis capabilities will be next. No interest in a sequencer functionality personally.
Update: please have an option to remove the keyboard from the screen. While useful to demo notes when you don't have a keyboard, it's useless when you do have a keyboard and eats up valuable screen space on iPad mini's. Love my Synclavier Knob! not interested in a sequencer, there are lots of excellent free DAW's on iOS, a sequencer is redundant in a softsynth environment.
Keeps getting better with every update!
I’m always excited when I see a new Synclavier update waiting for me. The new addition of AUv3 support and sound files (with the included Synclavier Timbres) is wonderful. It helps my iPad workflow immensely and these classic sounds are fun, inspiring, and very usable. So glad to see this app steadily progressing and becoming more powerful with each new release. Keep up the good work!
- Synclavier Digital Corporation Ltd
- 128.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Synclavier Digital Corporation Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.