Sky Guru Fear of flying help 4+
turbulence and wx forecast
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
*****Featured as one of the 10 Great Gifts for Travelers by Forbes*****
*****Featured as one of the 10 Best Travel Tips of All Time by Condé Nast Traveler*****
Do you feel discomfort during flight?
Do you just feel bored on board the airplane?
Or, perhaps, you love to fly and just want to learn more about the aviation and understand it better?
SkyGuru provides passengers with detailed explanations of everything happening in flight in real time, and keeps you busy on board.
Imagine sitting next to a pilot who could explain every sound, every turn, every sensation you are feeling, notified you about any upcoming turbulent areas, and just turned your flying experience into a conscious process. SkyGuru – is your personal guide in the world of aviation.
SkyGuru was created by a professional pilot and fear of flying therapist Alex Gervash. The app receives information about your flight from professional aviation sources used by airlines. Next, SkyGuru combines the data from your iPhone sensors and the program algorithms to recognize flight stages and accompanies you the entire journey. It supports, teaches, comments on, and explains everything that’s going on during the flight, all in real time and in a flight mode.
Available for free:
- Aviation weather forecast and its explanations for departure and arrival airports.
- Turbulence forecast for the shortest route between two airports.
Available with flights purchases:
NEW! Interesting facts about the points of interest that you are flying over;
NEW! Offline map, showing an approximate location of your airplane and route. This location is calculated and does not require GPS or internet.
NEW! Video course by Alex Gervash - SkyGuru’ founder, that will decrease any fear of flying (on flights >1,5 hrs).
NEW! GIF images illustrating how airplane mechanisms work in real time.
NEW! Seat recommendations on board according to aircraft’s sunny / shadow side and a possibility to see a beautiful sunset / sunrise.
- Forecasts of most turbulent areas en route, including approximate time of entry into and duration of each.
- Description of weather conditions at the departure and arrival airports and explanations of how they may affect your sensations.
- Calculation of the actual flight time considering current winds already 24 hrs prior to your flight
- Real time explanations of most sounds and “dipping / falling through” sensations which could worry the passengers.
- Warnings about higher probability for going around due to current weather conditions.
- Turbulence graph and current G-force values created by turbulence, as well as their difference from the overloads that the airplane is meant to withstand.
- Flight speed and altitude, given a stable GPS signal (usually, available at a window seat).
- Airplane’s nose positions relative to the horizon and airplane’s maximum bank angles when entering a turn.
- 3D airplane model of its relative position in space considering banks and turbulence.
- Notification about expected manoeuvres soon after take-off and shortly before landing.
- Explanations of cabin procedures that passengers often wonder about, such as: “why does the light blink,” “why do we open window blinds”. All in real time.
- Unique helpful methods and exercises that to assist passengers in overcoming fear and making their flight more comfortable.
1. Speed and altitude are only available with GPS signal.
2. The app is designed to be used ONLY on a REAL flight.
3. If you have any questions, we are always happy to assist 24/7.. Please contact our support BEFORE submitting a review.
4. Continuous use of GPS when running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
We noticed all feedback and correct some bugs. Now application is more stable than ever.
Ratings and Reviews
I really want this to work
I’ve been a user of this since it’s development. I’m an anxious flyer and it has helped me so much but recently neither of the apps (old and new version-I prefer old version) have worked well. I really want this app to work and hope the developers continue to perfect this app because it’s so informative and works wonders for anxious passengers. Please keep this app going!
MUST download if you fear flying
So I am a terrible flyer. I get extremely anxious and the worst thoughts possible come through my head when traveling via airplanes. Take off is actually my biggest issue and where I endure the most fear. I was on my way back home to Chicago 3 days ago and has a pretty terrible anxiety attack to the point where I thought I might die (literally). It got so bad that I wanted to rent a car for the way back and drive to Denver. Well I spent the entire weekend reading about airplanes and my fear of flying and someone stumbled into this app. I can say with confidence that this app saved me from going through the same thing again.
The app takes its time to explain to you every single step an airplane takes from the moment you get in to the moment you get out. It tell you when you should expect turbulence and how bad it will be. It explains to you why it’s happening and so many more things. I will continue to use this app for the rest of my life I can GUARANTEE YOU. It told me the altitude of the plan, the pitch, the roll, where in the map I am, it would tell me when I’m crossing points of interests like major airports and cities. It couldn’t get better than that.
Yes, the app does have some minor flaws. It could be worked on and made better but I’ll still give it a 5 star rating. It did for me everything that I needed the app to do.
Thank you developers for creating a tool that will help me fly from now on.
Developer Response ,
ThAnks a lot for your review. We are happy to help.
Pretty sure this app is the only reason I’m enjoying my honeymoon. Over the past few years I had a sudden fear of flying that was filled with dread and illogical thoughts. I came across this app a couple weeks ago since I have a lot of flights to go on this month. Having this app saved me from cancelling a month long honeymoon! I felt like I had a friend/pilot/therapist on the flight with me reassuring me about every sound and sensation, the safety , the tools , the sense of control is 10/10. Even explaining why there is fear of flying vs the reality of what is happening on the flight just makes me feel so safe and comforted.
I haven’t had any glitches yet maybe once where it restarted and I had to re buy a flight but it was still worth it for me.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SkyGuru Inc.
- 79.1 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © SkyGuru Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 1 flight with SkyGuru $5.99
- 3 flights with SkyGuru $11.99
- 10 flights with SkyGuru $24.99