Diarly is a diary and note-taking app that makes the daily habit of journaling simple and secure. Bring exciting stories and memories together in your new digital journal.
“As far as diary apps go, Diarly sits right up there among the best in its category. It offers an impressive number of features for such a minimalistic application, and it is remarkably intuitive.” — Softpedia
“Other apps have too much on the screen or don’t have enough features, but Diarly has it all.”
“The user interface of this app is beautiful! It has a simple design that helps me stay focused on just journaling.”
What you will love about Diarly
• Enhance entries with images, videos, drawings, voice messages, emojis, heading labels and website links.
• Sort your ideas with bullet points, line separators, symbols, and highlighted text.
• Access important files from one convenient place by importing them directly into your entries.
• Jump to past entries with ease using the calendar tool.
• Use time separators to create a distinction between multiple entries added in one day.
• Filter and find your ideas with your own hashtags, lists, and tags.
• Make your own drawings within entries.
• Customize and resize the font to suit your needs, and save your favorite looks for future use.
• Access a light and a dark theme.
• Pinpoint your memories by location with Map View.
• Track your daily writing goals with word and character count targets.
• Check off your accomplished goals with useful checklists.
• Export to Markdown for minimalist writing.
• Create thought-cue templates to kickstart your writing entries, or use or presets.
• Embed and play movies and audio notes.
• Use the automatic weather and location feature in your template.
• Customize the built-in spelling and grammar checker to your preferences.
• Dictate your written entries for quick, hands-free journaling.
• Secure your ideas with encryption and password protection.
• Access your notes on multiple devices, with seamless, secure sync via iCloud.
• Personalize your journaling experience with over 100 beautiful custom themes.
• Create and import your own design themes (tutorial available)
• Create and categorize unlimited journals that open in separate interfaces.
• View statistics on your writing achievements over the last 90 days or more.
• Export your journal to a PDF, Rich Text or Print
Free trial and Premium Subscription
Diarly offers an optional Premium Subscription. After the initial free trial period, your subscription will be auto renewed with the price displayed when making the purchase.
This will be charged from your iTunes account after the purchase. The subscription will be auto-renewed 24 hours before the subscription period ends with the same kind of subscription you already bought to the same price. To avoid automatic renewal, you must cancel the subscription at least 24 hours before it expires. You can manage or cancel your auto-renewable subscription by entering the user settings in iTunes after the purchase. It's not possible to cancel the subscription during the time it's active. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase the premium subscription.
Terms & Conditions
Follow on us on:
Send your feedback
We are diligent in making constant, valuable improvements to your Diarly experience, with your thoughts and input in mind. Any suggestions are welcome. Be sure to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• New shortcut: cmd-W to insert current weather
• Other bug fixes and incremental improvements
Thank you for your feedback & suggestions!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love it! Enhancement suggestion for the devs~
I pretty much never write reviews. But I’ve been low-key searching for the perfect app for my journaling over the years. And I’ve finally found the one! I love how you can really simplify the look of the screen to help you stay focused on your writing, yet lots of useful little features are just a click or two away. I love how there’s a little preview for each entry, and the themes, and the search — I just really like all of the features and how they’re neatly tucked away. And I really appreciate the added protection of the password. *So* worth the one-time in-app purchase.
There are enough options that I can feel like I’m customizing the app to my liking, but not too many options such that I feel overwhelmed and distracted by features rather than what the app is intended for - writing.
One idea that would make this *perfect* for me, would be if the devs added the option to choose your cursor color as well as the theme. I love the pink cursor that is built into the darkest theme, but I prefer the second-darkest theme. If I could have the best of both worlds, this would be completely perfect for me. (It’s already pretty close to perfect in my opinion!)
Developer Response ,
Hello & thank you for such positive review and suggestions!
Can confirm that new version will allow making custom themes (by modifying exported theme css). We hope you like it!
Please don't hesitate to contact us if something does not work as expected or maybe will have more ideas how to make app better.
App is currently great, just a couple things I would like to see
This is the cleanest nicest diary app I have seen. I love that you use markdown but format it in a great looking way even while writing. And as others have said, the simplicity of the app realy makes it perfect for journaling. The thing I was looking for forever was the ability to specify a template for new entries, so thanks so much for that!
There are just a couple missing things that are keeping me from switching over: 1) I love this app, but I can’t bring myself to commit to it if it doesn’t have the ability to export to a format that other apps use. I am worried that I’ll want to switch in a month or two and don’t want to go through manually transfering every day’s journal. 2) I write entries right before I go to bed, which is sometimes after midnight. Right now, I don’t see a way to change the date on an existing entry, I only see a way to create a brand new entry. This isn’t a huge deal, but it would just be a nice little convinience to be able to click the date and select a new one.
Developer Response ,
Hello & Thank you for your review! Can you please contact us by sending us an email to email@example.com so that we can learn more about your needs? We got some ideas for both of your points but would like to know if they match your requirements before we start implementing.
Makes so much more sense than Day One
I’ve tested both apps at the same time. There is an elegance in simplicity and Diarly has this advantage, and others, over Day One. Choosing this one was a no-brainer. So much so that I immediately purchased this version, where paying for an annual subscription with Day One just didn’t feel right. I understand the reasoning behind it, but with a journal—something so personal—I feel more comfortable owning the app.
One thing I would love to see is the ability to sync the app without having to use iCloud.
Thank you for making this app, making it well, affordable, and with a beautiful UI.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for such kind words! It's great pleasure to receive such feedback.
The new updates should make UI even more beautiful. Next update will make dark theme available in also free version, update after will bring new app icon.
There are no plans at this moment to do other sync methods (it's really hard to do it right!) but we will definitely consider it in future. All depends how many other customers will request it.
Application is still in early stage (e.g still no iPhone client). If you would have any suggestions how to improve it or noticed any bugs please send as an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Krzysztof Nowak
- 19.6 MB
macOS 10.13 or later. Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 PureFormStudio Krzysztof Nowak
- In-App Purchases
- Yearly Premium $14.99
- Migrate Lifetime License
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.