Diarly is a diary and note-taking app that makes the daily habit of journaling simple and secure. Bring exciting stories and memories together in your new digital journal.
“As far as diary apps go, Diarly sits right up there among the best in its category. It offers an impressive number of features for such a minimalistic application, and it is remarkably intuitive.” — Softpedia
“Other apps have too much on the screen or don’t have enough features, but Diarly has it all.”
“The user interface of this app is beautiful! It has a simple design that helps me stay focused on just journaling.”
• NEW: Grow in different areas of your life with Challenges! These time-based, achievable goals are designed to the habit of journaling purposefully.
• Unlimited entries in your journal
• Headings, links, emojis, and inline formatting to organize your thoughts
• Images, videos, drawings, and voice memos to enhance your entries
• Embed and play movies and audio notes
• Bullet points, line separators, symbols, and text highlighting to sort your ideas
• Time separators create a distinction between different entries in the same day
• Checklists to accomplish goals every day
• Import files directly into your entries to access them conveniently
• Custom reminders to stay on top of the habit
• Calendar, map, and timeline views to jump to past and future entries with ease
• Custom hashtags, lists, and tags to filter and find your ideas
• Customize and resize the font to suit your needs, and save your favorite looks for future use.
• Light and dark theme
• Word and character count targets to track your daily writing goals
• Markdown import and export for minimalist writing
• Custom and preset templates to kickstart your writing with prompts
• Automatic weather and location detection for your template
• Typewriter and focus mode
• Built-in spelling and grammar checker, customizable to your preferences
• Dictate your written entries for quick, hands-free journaling
• Secure your journals with encryption and password protection
• Access your notes on multiple devices, with seamless, secure sync via iCloud
• Personalize your journaling experience with over 100 beautiful, custom themes
• Design, create and import your own themes
• Create and categorize unlimited journals that open in separate interfaces
• View statistics on your writing achievements over the last 90 days or more
• Export your journals to PDF, RichText, or directly to your printer
Help Guides → https://help.diarly.app
Terms & Conditions → https://diarly.app/terms_and_conditions
Find us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram as @DiarlyApp
We love feedback!
We are diligent in making constant, valuable improvements to your Diarly experience, with your thoughts and input in mind. Get in touch with us at email@example.com or through social media and tell us what you think.
Free trial and Premium Subscription
Diarly offers an optional Premium Subscription. After the initial free trial period, your subscription will be auto renewed with the price displayed when making the purchase.
This will be charged from your iTunes account after the purchase. The subscription will be auto-renewed 24 hours before the subscription period ends with the same kind of subscription you already bought to the same price. To avoid automatic renewal, you must cancel the subscription at least 24 hours before it expires. You can manage or cancel your auto-renewable subscription by entering the user settings in iTunes after the purchase. It's not possible to cancel the subscription during the time it's active. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase the premium subscription.
In this version we focused on improving the Quality of the app.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love it! Enhancement suggestion for the devs~
I pretty much never write reviews. But I’ve been low-key searching for the perfect app for my journaling over the years. And I’ve finally found the one! I love how you can really simplify the look of the screen to help you stay focused on your writing, yet lots of useful little features are just a click or two away. I love how there’s a little preview for each entry, and the themes, and the search — I just really like all of the features and how they’re neatly tucked away. And I really appreciate the added protection of the password. *So* worth the one-time in-app purchase.
There are enough options that I can feel like I’m customizing the app to my liking, but not too many options such that I feel overwhelmed and distracted by features rather than what the app is intended for - writing.
One idea that would make this *perfect* for me, would be if the devs added the option to choose your cursor color as well as the theme. I love the pink cursor that is built into the darkest theme, but I prefer the second-darkest theme. If I could have the best of both worlds, this would be completely perfect for me. (It’s already pretty close to perfect in my opinion!)
Developer Response ,
Hello & thank you for such positive review and suggestions!
Can confirm that new version will allow making custom themes (by modifying exported theme css). We hope you like it!
Please don't hesitate to contact us if something does not work as expected or maybe will have more ideas how to make app better.
App is currently great, just a couple things I would like to see
This is the cleanest nicest diary app I have seen. I love that you use markdown but format it in a great looking way even while writing. And as others have said, the simplicity of the app realy makes it perfect for journaling. The thing I was looking for forever was the ability to specify a template for new entries, so thanks so much for that!
There are just a couple missing things that are keeping me from switching over: 1) I love this app, but I can’t bring myself to commit to it if it doesn’t have the ability to export to a format that other apps use. I am worried that I’ll want to switch in a month or two and don’t want to go through manually transfering every day’s journal. 2) I write entries right before I go to bed, which is sometimes after midnight. Right now, I don’t see a way to change the date on an existing entry, I only see a way to create a brand new entry. This isn’t a huge deal, but it would just be a nice little convinience to be able to click the date and select a new one.
Developer Response ,
Hello & Thank you for your review! Can you please contact us by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can learn more about your needs? We got some ideas for both of your points but would like to know if they match your requirements before we start implementing.
I almost wanted to cry after discovering this app!!
I’ve been struggling with journaling using the free Apple notes for 9 years. I’ve had so many entries lost, randomly deleted, date altered without my consent, and overall I’ve just had a very negative experience with it. I stuck to it though, because I accumulated over 700 entries and no app allows for easy importing. While this app doesn’t have that feature either (I’m manually copy pasting every single entry and picture!!) it is basically everything I wanted in an app at a reasonable price. The developer is so nice and responsive, I’m confident that any issues I find in the future will be resolved quickly, unlike the Apple notes app, where no matter how many emails or bug reports I send, the problems never get fixed. If the developer ever releases a lifetime premium membership fee, I would buy it in a heartbeat!! Although, thank you for keeping this app updated at a reasonable price anyways!! Thank you thank you thank you for creating this diary app!!
Developer Response ,
Hello & Thank you for your review ☺️
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Krzysztof Nowak
- 22.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 PureFormStudio Krzysztof Nowak
- In-App Purchases
- Yearly Premium $14.99
- Migrate Lifetime License
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.