Shade transforms your device into a professional node-based shader editor. Build stunning, connected shader graphs that render in real time
You'll find full support for keyboard shortcuts, drag-and-drop, and documentation built right in
Once you're done, export your shader out to Unity 3D or load it straight into Codea. Use them in your games, apps, or anything you make
Put your finger on the glass and start creating
• Connection stacking: no need for explicit arithmetic nodes. Just plug multiple outputs into a single input. Tap to change how they're blended
• Automatic swizzling: connect anything to anything. Shade will figure it out and swizzle your connection. Tap the little circle to re-wire the logic
• Over 100 nodes for building your shaders, tap any node for help
• Live physically-based render preview
• Drag-and-drop images right into your graph
• Full keyboard support
• AR previews, including Face AR for building shaders right on your... face
• Video tutorials
- Compare two inputs using logical operators (less than, equal, and so on). Choose which value to send through based on the result of the comparison
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Maybe I’m not sure what this is for
The fact that there’s no streaming camera texture support as an input makes this a lot less interesting than it could’ve been. The only time variant inputs appear to be “microphone” and “time”. No gyro, no ALS, no accelerometer, no heart-rate — really underutilized the available resources.
So I can drag and drop shader pieces on my tiny phone screen, so I guess that’s fun but I can do that better on a computer. My phone can do what my computer can’t — use that!
It’s amazing that an app like this fits in my pocket! Shade makes creativity something that’s right at your fingertips while making it easy for beginners to make incredible generative, evolving art. Lovely application that increases the possibility of the computers we have in our pockets or hold in our hands.
Works great on iPad
I got the full version on my iPhone and then tried to run it on my ipad, but for some reason it didn’t think I owned it. After running the latest iOS update it decided I did.
Great product. I love the graphical design!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review! Love hearing your feedback
Sorry you had an issue with unlocking on your iPad. Sometimes you can re-attempt the purchase and it will unlock for free (though definitely get in touch with us if you continue to have issues)
- Two Lives Left
- 230.2 MB
- Graphics & Design
Requires iOS 12.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Two Lives Left Pty. Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- 14-day Trial
- Shade Pro $49.99
- Shade Standard $15.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.