Drafts, where text starts. Quickly capture text and send it almost anywhere!
## Also Available for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch! ##
Drafts lets you turn text into action – it’s a quick notebook, handy editor, and writing automation tool, all in one. Instead of tapping around other apps, capture in Drafts first. Open it and write right away, then do something useful with your words.
## HOW DRAFTS WORKS ##
Drafts lets you get things down before you forget – no figuring out what to name a file, no browsing folders and making decisions about your text before you've even written it.
Use the convenient menu bar capture window, or launch Drafts and start typing!
USE YOUR WORDS:
Drafts is a launching-off point for text – use the actions to copy it, share it, or deep link into other apps and services. Compose a tweet or message, create a file in Dropbox, send a task off to Reminders – there are hooks into tons of your favorite apps.
REMEMBER IT NOW – OR LATER:
New entries go into the Inbox. Once there, you can Tag them for organization, Flag them for importance, or Archive them for long-term storage.
TAKE TEXT TO A NEW LEVEL:
Set up a text editing experience that’s perfect for you, with tons of interface adjustments like custom fonts and control over spacing, line height, and margins.
Use the customizable action bar below the editor to quickly convert, manipulate, and transform your writing. Make lists, use Markdown to get things just right.
Process your drafts quickly using unique features like Link Mode, Arrange Mode, and Focus Mode.
## WHY YOU’LL LOVE DRAFTS ##
IT WILL CHANGE HOW YOU USE YOUR DEVICES:
Drafts gives you a new approach to using your Mac, iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch, letting you write first and think about what to do with it later.
GETTING WORDS DOWN HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER:
Capture from the menu bar capture window, or use global shortcut keys to open Drafts and start typing.
Actions make Drafts a Swiss Army knife for text. Integrate with a bewildering array of apps and services.
## JOIN THE COMMUNITY ##
Check out our Action Directory (actions.getdrafts.com) for ready-to-use actions for third party apps and services. Join the Drafts Community (forums.getdrafts.com) to get help, integration guides and a regular flow of tips & tricks.
## DRAFTS PRO ##
Get more out of Drafts with a Drafts Pro subscription:
• Create and Edit Actions
• Themes - suit the experience to your tastes with editor themes, and more
• Workspaces - Apply preferred tag, query, and sort settings for your drafts list with Workspaces
• Extra widgets and better share extension options
• Enhanced Automation
We are always working hard to expand the capabilities of Drafts and up-to-date with the latest technologies. Your support helps keep the app growing – thank you to Drafts Pro subscribers!
Contact us on Twitter at @draftsapp or email email@example.com.
## SUBSCRIPTION DETAILS ##
• Monthly and annual subscriptions are available
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
• Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is disabled at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• Automatic renewals will be charged at the same price you were originally charged for the subscription
• Subscriptions can be managed or cancelled by going to Account Settings on the App Store after purchase
Mostly a few tweaks to new features released with v20!
- **New:** `Draft.queryByTitle(title)` returns array of drafts matching the title. This exposes the logic used by internal links to find drafts with a specific title.
- **New:** Link definitions now support `[[url:http://full.url.com/]]` option to enable a full URL link external to drafts.
- **Fix:** Starting a line with a smart quote could temporarily align it to the right.
- **Fix:** Editing an action from the results of a search in the action list should refresh the search to get the new version of the action.
- **Change:** Fine-tune the cross-link matching regex a bit to avoid some nesting oddities.
- **Change:** Locating draft by title should not be case-sensitive.
- **Fix:** Address scroll bar clipping content in prompts.
- **Change:** Misc. minor visual tweaks.
- **Fix:** If Action Log window had been closed and reopened, it might not update detail properly when selecting log entries.
For additional details visit the online release notes at http://docs.getdrafts.com/docs/misc/changelog-mac
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Fabulous app-joy to use
I have been using Drafts for a long time, beginning with the iOS version. I added the MacOS version and the integration of the two versions makes every part of my work flow smoother.
For example, I can dictate a note on my phone and it seemlessly syncs to my Mac desktop. As always, I can dictate a Draft note on my iPhone--the dictation is superior to ordinary Siri dictation, and send the note as an email, message--or use the information in a wide variety of ways. I add to Drafts constantly during the day from my desktop and my information is available anywhere. The seemless sync is a lifesaver.
This developer is responsive and dedicated to improving their products. He really seems to be a model for what a developer should be: take an idea, develop a cool implementation, make versions for all the Mac OS, and improve the product.
This product is a joy to use. Thanks!
Remarkable In Every Way
Drafts is personal and powerful.
Imagine a modular text writing environment designed for adept input/output, smart management, customized import/export, sharing text between apps and much, much more.
A very simple use case: Text messages are composed in Drafts before sending them off to iMessage. Gone are then days when I sent embarrassing, unfinished texts accidentally. I also have a Drafts Action to automatically populate the person or persons I am sending the text to.
When I consider the remarkable extensibility of Drafts 5 Pro, here's an engaging reality: By year, the cost of Drafts is literally 0.054 (about 5.5 cents) a day. In the "app subscription world" that is just an incredible value.
I also get the satisfaction of supporting a hard working developer to continue make a living and polish the app iteratively, not just every few years. It's truly a win-win.
Like most I can’t subscribe to every new app with subscription. I balance my subscription list by evaluating the tools that make my life that much easier and enjoyable and have a fair cost. Drafts tops the list.
The arrival of the Mac version enhances the usefulness of the iOS version that I've come to rely on for quick capture of notes, information, or longer article-writing tasks.
The two greatest features of this are: 1) It's available on all my devices with fast startup. On the Mac there's a menu bar icon for quick capture. It is my 1st stop when I have an idea and AFTER I type it I can decide if it's a note for export to Evernote, a to do for export to ToDoist, an email or tweet for export to the appropriate tool. 2) It uses MarkDown, a simple-to-learn way of formatting your text without having to reach for a menu: bullets, numbered lists, italics, bold, headers, or indent.
- Agile Tortoise
- 18.8 MB
macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- © @2012-2020 by Agile Tortoise, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Annual Pro Subscription $19.99
- Monthly Pro Subscription $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.