Understanding emotions can be a difficult concept for young kids to fully grasp, whether it’s their own feelings or the emotional state of others.
‘Hopster Saturday Club: Empathy’ is a fantastic game designed to develop kid’s fundamental social and emotional literacy skills. As they play the mini-games they will begin to recognize and understand different emotions and learn lots of new ‘feelings words’ to describe how they and the characters are feeling.
Developed with the support of EmpathyLab, a UK not-for-profit organization that inspires children to understand empathy and put it into action, the game builds on primary school activities designed to build real-life empathy skills.
Your child will learn to:
- Recognize facial expressions
- Use emotional vocabulary
- Match feelings and expressions
- Understand their own emotions
- Feel and show empathy for others
- Match emotions to character expressions
- Create your own expressions with Saturday Club characters
- Keep track of feelings with the emotions calendar
With this game and Hopster’s Saturday Club show, we want to help promote overall emotional literacy in kids, so they can express how they feel and recognize feelings in others more readily.
‘Saturday Club’ is Hopster’s animated show that explores emotions & empathy for preschoolers. The cartoon follows the adventures of 4 friends - Tian, Jo, Suzie, Jamie – as they act out situations and put themselves in others’ shoes to better understand how others feel.
The importance of preschool kids learning empathy:
- Children with a strong sense of empathy are more likely to be resilient, patient, and tolerant of difference
- Make better decisions and are more likely to reject negative peer pressure and bullying
- They develop strong social bonds with others
- Linked to achieving success in school and beyond
If you install ‘Hopster Saturday Club: Empathy’, you will automatically get access to our Saturday Club emotions stickers in iMessage.
Feeling Happy? Sad? ANGRY! Now you can use our fun Saturday Club stickers to express yourself in iMessage. Better than words, cuter than an emoji.
Just a little update to help keep the bugs away from the Saturday Club gang
Ratings and Reviews
I’m embarrassed to say that this helps with my aspergers and I’m 12. Fun game, great for people on the spectrum.
so I was just scrolling through and I found this app and downloaded it and it is so much fun no glitches no ads
Very helpful game! Few suggestions
I absolutely love this app! But i have a few suggestions, here they are:
1. Add more options! Such as a Journal mode to write down what happened today
2: please update the questions!
3: add create your own character
Those are all of my suggestions, i love this app! I’ve never been good with emotions and facial expressions, this app helped me alot!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Plato Media Ltd.
- 101.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 0–5
- © Plato Media Ltd