SoloSlides for Google Photos is perfect for that old iPad you have in your kitchen or living room: it plays a full-screen slideshow of your photos on your iOS device and your TV (Smart TV or Apple TV). Photos can be played from Google Photos directly, or your Camera Roll, or from Wifibooth (separate app).
There are NO ads in this app. This app is supported by Premium, an optional one-time in-app purchase that unlocks some features (see below). Many thanks for supporting our developers! There are NO subscriptions in this app.
This app handles gigantic Google Photo libraries with millions of photos without a hitch, because it doesn't try to discover all of your photos at once.
FREE features include:
- Automatically updates when photos are added to / removed from your Google Photos library or Camera Roll
- Display your photos on your Smart TV without installing an app on your TV (TV must support DLNA / UPNP)
- Display your photos on your Apple TV
- Hide photos so the app doesn't show them anymore, without deleting or modifying the photos in any way
- Filtering by album or date range
- Automatically filter out photos of documents, receipts, etc (Google Photos only)
- Share the currently showing photo to another app
Features unlocked with one-time purchase of Premium include:
- Shuffle (random order) or newest-to-oldest (requires Premium)
- Clock (requires Premium)
- Photo creation date (requires Premium)
- Nighttime mode can be turned on to automatically show a dim black screen during what you define as "nighttime" (requires Premium)
Terms & conditions: https://soloslides.app/terms/
- Fixed an issue that in rare cases could cause nighttime-mode to not work properly
- Introduced Premium, an in-app purchase that unlocks certain features. If you already paid for the app (when you downloaded it from the App Store) then you get Premium for free
Ratings and Reviews
Works well, except doesn’t run forever
I want to turn my old iPad into a great photo frame showing my google photos. This app comes so close. But it stops or crashes (can’t tell which) about once a day. I want it to run continuously forever. If the developer is concerned about that being unwanted, just add a setting for how long to run in slideshow mode.
Works well, could use minor improvements
Nice app. Works well to provide the slideshow feature that is oddly absent from the Google Photos iOS app. It works well for screen mirroring onto an AppleTV.
It could use improvements to make it more interactive-friendly:
- It needs an option to restart a slideshow. Currently you have to switch albums then back again as a workaround.
- The buttons are finicky. If you don’t press the forward advance button just right and missed, it thinks I wanted to hide the menus. I think the active area of the buttons need to be larger, or have clearly defined with borders.
Update -1 Star
The slideshow cuts off photos that don’t fit the frame of the viewing device, in my case a mirrored tv. The full screen setting was turned on/off to test if that was the source of the issue, but that setting seemed to do nothing.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback! We'll increase the hit area on the buttons, good idea.
Regarding the TV playback: if the photos appear cut off, that's a setting on your TV that you need to look for. It is usually called "overscan" or similar, to help ensure video playback fills the whole screen. It's bad for photos though, you need to turn it off for photo playback!
So good so far
Purchased the app and testing out the features. Looks clean and is working smoothly. Only suggestion so far is multiple album selection, I know other apps similar to this allow for that feature but they don’t look as nice.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback! At the moment the Google Photos API (what we use to safely access your photos on your behalf) does not support more than 1 album at a time. If Google were to add this we'd definitely support this!
- Solodigitalis Inc.
- 37.3 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Solodigitalis Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.