Take charge of your food sensitivities! Reactions to various "natural" compounds in foods can often create an array of health problems in individuals, from the GI tract to skin issues to neurological and hormonal imbalances. Food Sense Guide helps you identify your potential food sensitivities and minimize food reactions.
FOOD SENSE GUIDE includes:
- An easily searchable catalogue of 300+ foods.
- The general levels of amines, FODMAPs, glutamates, gluten, histamine, lectins, oxalates, salicylates, sulfites, and thiols in various foods, as well nightshade and AIP status.
- An overview of these various compounds, including typical reactions for those sensitive, and lists of foods high and low in them.
- The ability to create your own personal lists and notes.
- Easily export your lists to share or print.
- Quick instant access to the levels of these compounds for anything you may eat!
"As a practitioner working with many patients with diet related issues and GI distress, this app provides a comprehensive, easily useable resource for those with food sensitivities."
- Dr. Michael Ruscio, Bestselling Author of "Healthy Gut, Healthy You" and Host of "Dr. Ruscio Radio"
"My patients and readers will love this! It will save them huge amounts of time, as they can quickly identify which foods they can focus on stage, to steer clear of their triggers. Well done!"
- Dr. Alan Christianson, NYT Bestselling Author of "The Adrenal Reset Diet" and "The Metabolism Reset Diet"
"In "The Hormone Fix," I promote eating an array of mineral-rich, alkaline-producing foods for hormonal health. This app allows users to find those foods which suit them, so they can bring their bodies into balance!"
- Dr. Anna Cabeca, USA Today Bestselling Author of "The Hormone Fix"
"This app is an amazing resource! It’s not only extremely useful and effective in helping me avoid foods my body cannot tolerate, but it’s also educational and easy to use. I highly recommend this app if you want to take back control of your health and feel your best!"
- Dr. Caroline Leaf, Bestselling Author of "Switch on Your Brain," "Think Learn Succeed," "Think and Eat Yourself Smart," and Host of "Cleaning Up the Mental Mess with Dr. Caroline Leaf"
"The Food Sense Guide app is a great resource to identify all possible ways each food item may cause a reaction for sensitive individuals. Oftentimes patients get confused as to why a food may be troublesome, not realizing that every food can have multiple mechanisms by which it can trigger discomfort in the body, from a histamine reaction to an all-out immune reaction. This app is a must-have for any food sensitive individual to have with them when shopping at the supermarket or eating out."
- Dr. Vincent Pedre, Bestselling Author of "Happy Gut"
"Whether you know your current food sensitivities or are trying to figure them out, Food Sense Guide will help you take charge of your food choices for peaceful eating, to support resilient health!"
- Ariane Resnick, CNC, Celebrity Chef and Bestselling Author of "The Bone Broth Miracle" and "How to be Well When You’re Not"
Developer’s Note: Food Sense is intended to provide general amounts (in ranges of low, medium, and high) for the compounds found in various foods, as referenced in multiple studies and accredited sources. Please consult third party sources and conduct your own research for specific levels, especially if you struggle with severe sensitivities. The catalogue is constantly being updated. If you’d like to see a certain food included, or believe an amount is inaccurate, please contact email@example.com.
Thanks for using Food Sense! This version includes a few bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
I was so excited to find the Food Sense App! It is user friendly and beautifully put together. It is clear a lot of time, energy, and love was put into the research and development for this app. Everything you need is in this app. No longer the need for multiple apps, this app has it all! I have 3 favorite features of this app. First, one feature I love is the catalog of different categories of food. I love that I can go to the catalogue, select a specific food category and then select the specific food I want to know about. It will list all the different food sensitively categories and where this specific food falls. Love I can get a quick and comprehensive look at a specific food. My next favorite feature is the Compound Info. For example, I can click FODMAPS and get a quick look at all the foods that are high in FODMAPS or low in FODMAPS. No more searching for each food one at a time, they are all there in a quick easy to use format. Lastly, I love that I can create lists. I have a list that I call “Foods I can’t Eat.” I love, love, love this app. I am so excited I found it. I have had it 5 days and I have used it every day. If you have food sensitivities, this app is just what you need.
I was so thrilled to find the Food Sense App. So much dedication and hard work went into making this and I am so happy with it. I especially love that I can go through the sections of food, and open each one individually to see which categories it falls under. And it may be under many. My absolute favorite part is being able to click on a food and move it to a list that I created (you can title it yourself) which I tagged “Foods I can eat”. You can create many lists from foods that are moderately reactive to complete no-no‘s. This is an absolute find for someone just starting out deciphering their diet or for someone who just likes keeping track. It takes all the worry and guesswork completely out of the equation. Trying to figure all of this out on your own would be exhausting to say the least. Thank you Melanie for creating such a resourceful tool!
Extremely helpful tool that makes eating less stressful!!
Melanie Avalon has created an app that caters to my exact needs of understanding why certain foods don’t agree with me. Whenever I eat something that causes discomfort/gastrointestinal distress/brain fog/ whatever(!), I log onto this app and am quickly able to figure out what compounds in that food likely are the culprits. It’s helped me narrow down which compounds specifically don’t work for me as I have been able to cross reference reactions from different foods to determine commonalities, and therefore, am able to identify what is problematic for me. I appreciate this app so much and recommend it to anyone who has inexplicable negative symptoms after eating.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Melanie Avalon
- 72.7 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019-2021 Melanie Avalon
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.