The app Food Intolerances is a tool to help everyone who has to stick to a restricted diet because of food intolerances or allergies. Typical application cases are: histamine intolerance, mastocytosis, fructose malabsorption, sorbitol intolerance, aspirin intolerance, gluten sensitivity, lactose intolerance or a diet low in FODMAPs.
The app was reviewed and evaluated by a medical jury and was awarded with the Digital Health Heroes Award 2018.*
It contains more than 900 foods that are commented and rated in view of the following subjects:
- Carbohydrate malabsorptions
• Sorbitol and other sugar alcohols
• Oligosaccharides (e.g. fructans and galactans)
• FODMAPs (total)
- Histamine intolerance
• Histamine content
• Tyramine content
• Histamine liberators and DAO inhibitors
• Problematic medicines
• Food additives
- Salicylate intolerance
• Salicylate content
• Problematic food additives
- Other intolerances and allergies
Filters for gluten, wheat, soy, yeast, sulfites, dairy, egg, fish, meat, pork, beef and honey
- More features
• Detailed info texts
• Flexibly adjustable rating system
• Filter function
• Sorting function
• Possibility to write notes and manually adjust the rating
• Adjustable portion size
• List of favorites
• Shopping list
• Direct link to Wikipedia articles
• No internet connection required
- Nutrition facts (in-app purchase)
• General nutrition facts (e.g. energy, protein, salt, omega-3, ...)
• Minerals and micronutrients (e.g. iron, zinc, calcium, magnesium, ...)
• Vitamins A to K
• Recommended daily intake
• Glycemic index and glycemic load
• Nickel allergy and nickel content
• Sort foods by nutrition values (works in combination with the filter function)
** This app doesn’t rate brand specific products, but common foods and basic food categories. It provides you with all the information needed to deal with your intolerance and to avoid common mistakes.
• You can now add foods to your favorites and view them in a separate category.
• We significantly improved the performance of the app.
• We revised the info section and added new articles.
• The table layout was improved.
• There are several new entries in the food database.
• We prepared this app for future iOS releases.
• You can now see the percentage of hidden foods when using the filter function.
• The new version contains many more detail improvements.
• Version 4.6.3 fixes a display issue in the setup menu.
We hope that you like the changes and would be very happy about a review in the app store!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Wonderful app but.........
They did another update and added more foods but they list corn, popcorn and the like as safe and according to everything I have read, corn is one of the worst foods for salicylate . Also figs are listed as safe but I have read they are moderately high in salicylate.
New updates have made some foods high in salicylates as green. Misleading
This app is wonderful! Every update has been wonderful but notice a few foods missing. One is plain corn and corn on the cob. They have corn salad......don't even know what that is. Greens (collards, turnip etc) missing as well. I would also like information on medicinal herbs like milk thistle, ashwagandha, St. John's Wort etc. I find conflicting information on the web. Every food intolerance imaginable is listed as well as other allergies. Great app.
I have dietary fructose malabsorption and the app’s been a big help in three ways:
1) The obvious way; when I come across a new food or want to look something up, it’s great having a convenient trusted source (and one that keeps comments)
2) What I can and can’t eat is pretty complicated and I don’t expect others to keep up with it. This can lead to some problems when others cook though - I don’t want to refuse my in-law’s Christmas dinner or seem difficult. They’ve downloaded the app now too and it’s easy for them to make sure there’s something I can eat (especially since they only need to think about my weird restrictions occasionally).
3) Fructose malabsorption isn’t especially well known - the app can be nice for establishing a bit of credit when I need to tell someone about my restrictions (“good odds he’s not entirely making this up”).
Thanks for the great app. Has definitely been a quality of life improvement.
Great for planning meals at home and for eating out especially. Love the way you can sort foods by your particular intolerance. Really well designed. Lots of detailed notes on each food explaining things to watch out for and be aware of. Definitely the most helpful app for food intolerances of all sorts, and especially good for situations where you aren’t sure what is bothering you and want to try more than one elimination diet. Lets you do it all with one app! Thanks for a great tool.
- Baliza GmbH
- 56.5 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Baliza GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Additional allergens $0.99
- Nutritional values $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.