Natural Food Guide focuses on fresh and healthy foods. It is the perfect companion for everyone who loves to cook. You can quickly create your own recipes and estimate their nutritive value. Whether you are an athlete who wants to push their body to its limits, or you want to lose weight or prevent health issues – nutrition is the key to a healthy lifestyle!
The app is stuffed with information and provides answers to countless questions related to nutrition: What is the omega-6 to omega-3 ratio of linseed oil? What is the glycemic index of basmati rice? Which foods contain a lot of calcium and magnesium at the same time? What are the best sources of vegetarian protein?
THE BEST APP FOR YOUR NEEDS
• Configure the app to fit your specific needs.
• Use the recipe feature as a calorie and nutrition calculator to check your favorite meals!
• Set your own requirements, e.g. lots of vitamin C and low in cholesterol.
• Sort the nutrition tables in ascending or descending order by nutrient content.
• Add your own notes and manually adjust ratings where necessary.
• Change the portion size and observe the effect on the daily nutrient requirements in a live preview.
• Create a list of your personal favorites.
Thanks to several customized profiles you can easily follow different dietary strategies:
• Low-salt diet for high blood pressure (the profile also helps you follow the DASH diet)
• Healthy fats
• Low glycemic load
• Low carb diet
• Natural foods
• Vegetarian and vegan diet
• Low nickel diet for nickel allergy sufferers
GENERAL NUTRITION FACTS
• Calories (as kcal or KJ), salt, protein, carbohydrates, sugar, starch, fiber, alcohol, water content
• Detailed information on fats: total fat, saturated fat, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fat, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), α-linolenic acid (ALA), linolic acid, omega-6/omega-3 ratio
• Glycemic index and glycemic load
• Total glucose (for the diet with diabetes)
MINERALS AND MICRONUTRIENTS
• Minerals: calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium
• Micronutrients: iron, copper, manganese, selenium, zinc, iodine, nickel
• Find all the important macro and micronutrients in your food
• Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9 (folic acid), B12, C, D, E and K
• Use the recipe function as a vitamin calculator to plan your supply
• Recommended daily intake of vitamins, minerals and micronutrients
• Display nutritional values per 3 oz., 100 g or serving size
• Extensive analysis of more than 1000 foods
• Detailed articles in the info section
• Free blog with interesting articles
• Shopping list
• Direct link to Wikipedia articles
• No internet connection required
• Dark Mode
At Baliza, we have been developing nutritional apps that provide tailored nutritional recommendations to people with special dietary needs since 2011. Our award-winning apps are helpful guides that combine carefully researched information from scientific sources with all the capabilities offered by modern smartphones. You get all of our apps as a fair one-time purchase without a subscription.
• We added many new foods to the database, e.g. yeast flakes, paneer cheese and various types of squashes.
• There are numerous detail improvements.
• We fixed an error that could cause the app to crash on iOS 16 when certain accessibility features were enabled.
We really hope that you like the new version! By the way, if you want to support us, we would be very happy about a review in the App Store!
Ratings and Reviews
I gave this app four stars because it’s missing one key feature. It doesn’t let me create a “favorites list”. It would be cool if I could keep all the foods that I’ve looked up and like in one place, instead of having to write them down in a note pad. Then I would give it five stars!!!
Only General Foods and Not Brand Accurate
This app would be amazing, except it can’t be because the ingredients in the database are general ingredients and not brand specific. This will cause gross inaccuracies in any nutritional facts you are attempting to calculate. I tried to search a specific oat milk and they had one option only for all oat milks. There are at least 7 I can think of with vastly different nutritional facts. Which one is what they’re using on the app?? I have no idea how they choose what 1 oat milk nutritional facts they should use to cover the vast variety and nutritional contents out there.
This app can only work if you know exactly which brand and only use the exact brand they are using for the 1 option per food database.
Iodine content NOT accurate
I purchased this app based on the fact it offers mineral content, particularly iodine. I have to watch this strictly in my diet. Upon comparing the iodine content of multiple items it is obvious many are charted to low in the app. An example would be 1 oz of Nori seaweed contains 6x the amount of mcg then this app claims. Another 5 oz of wild salmon would be about 10x more mcg then app claims. I understand iodine is not something many track but those of us who have to track iodine it is detrimental to our health.
Developer Response ,
Dear midnighsp, thank you very much for your feedback. The iodine values for seaweed is based on fresh algae which have a significantly lower iodine content. We will add dried nori to our app to avoid this misunderstanding in the future. Concerning wild salmon I can't really understand how you come up with such a high discrepancy. Our values are correct. Maybe you can send us an e-mail. Your Baliza support team
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Baliza GmbH
- 76.9 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Dutch, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Baliza GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Natural Food Guide PRO $6.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.