Dietary advice for gout or kidney stones is often conflicting, inaccurate or even completely outdated. Our app OxiPur contains only the most recent information available on these topics. We analyzed hundreds of scientific studies and summarized the results in helpful notes. You won't find any other resource with this amount of information in one place. Our app is the perfect tool to improve your eating habits and get your health back!
OxiPur covers the following topics:
DIET AND GOUT
Even today, the main treatment of gout still focuses too much on avoiding purines, although they are only part of the problem. Our app uses a wider approach and includes additional important factors like alcohol, fructose, and sodium. You can also combine different dietary profiles (e.g. low glycemic index) as needed.
LOW OXALATE DIET
Without proper instruction a low oxalate diet is very complicated to follow. Our app knows the oxalate content of about a thousand foods and helps you plan your meals. It also considers the bioavailability of oxalates as well as other factors that play a role in renal problems like the formation of kidney stones.
You can use the app for free with a limited functionality. It doesn't require a registration and is free of ads. If you want more details, you can upgrade each topic with an one-time in-app purchase that adds additional features and information.
• Profiles for a low purine diet and a low oxalate diet with color-coded ratings
• Access all entries of the database
• Create your own recipes
• Add foods to your list of favorites
• Create a shopping list
• Access to detailed articles and our blog*
• Direct link to Wikipedia articles
• No internet connection required
• Dark Mode
• Unlock all relevant information, features and food charts regarding gout
- Table with purine (or uric acid) content
- Low purine foods
- Recipe function with purine calculator
- Detailed notes
• Unlock all relevant information, features and food charts regarding kidney stones
- Table with oxalic acid content
- Low oxalate foods
- Recipe function with oxalate calculator
- Detailed notes
• Access 45 nutritional values:
- General nutrition facts (e.g. calories, protein, salt, fat, ...)
- Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9 (folic acid), B12, C, D, E and K
- Minerals and micronutrients (e.g. iron, zinc, calcium, magnesium, ...)
- Detailed breakdown of fatty acids
- Glucose load
- Glycemic index and glycemic load
• Sort by nutritional values
• Set up advanced filter criteria
• Create your own recipes and see their nutritional composition
• Personalize the app with additional dietary profiles: Strong oxalate reduction, Low-salt diet for high blood pressure, Healthy fats, Low glycemic load, Low carb diet, Natural foods
• Useful extra functions for vegetarian and vegan diet
At Baliza, we have been developing nutritional apps that provide tailored nutritional recommendations to people with special dietary needs since 2011. Our award-winning apps are helpful guides that combine carefully researched information from scientific sources with all the capabilities offered by modern smartphones. You get all of our apps as a fair one-time purchase without a subscription.
• We added several new foods to the database, e.g. cottonseed oil and dried nori seaweed.
• We revised the design of the app.
• We improved the user interface.
• There are numerous additional detail improvements.
We really hope you enjoy the changes! By the way, if you want to support us, we would be very happy about a rating in the App Store!
Ratings and Reviews
OUTSTANDING APP ✔️
I often have gout attacks that last up to 4 weeks as well as Kidney disease. I am disciplined enough to eat right. The problem is i like a huge variety foods and it’s very difficult to conveniently get the information quickly. Not only is this APP quick, it’s also concise. Everything about the food item im looking up on one page rather than going back & fourth. This app works especially nice for me considering i’m on not only a Gout diet but also a strict Kidney & Cardio diet.
I have downloaded and purchased almost all the other APPs pertaining to this and nothing compares.
The BEST by far.
Knowledge that this app gives will prevent years of kidney problems for me
I have been looking for books that do not exist that does with this app does -address uric acid in oxalates. However I would be glad to purchase the professional edition unfortunately there is one just for oxalates and another just for uric acid. If the designer could have put both of them together as this free version is -with happiness I will purchase the other however this is a fantastic App and a must have for anyone who wants control over their life and health.
Awesome app! A Godsend for those of us suffering from stones or gout. It is a wealth of convenience, facts, current information ,and- very fast & easy to use.
I see that it could also be useful for other purposes or afflictions; such as breaking the insulin resistance of diabetes & weight control, with the listing of glycemic index, glycemic load & carb content, anytime a given food is selected.
At the time I bought, it was 2 apps, called ‘Oox’; each one under $5. BEST money I ever spent.
Keep up the great work!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Baliza GmbH
- 75.9 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Baliza GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Low oxalate diet $6.99
- Low purine diet for gout $6.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.