A modern RSS newsreader for iPhone and iPad, with features to help you find the news you are interested in, and no creepy tracking or advertising:
- Add Home Screen widgets showing articles from your folders, feeds, topics, tags or searches.
- Discover feeds published by your favourite news website or blog using the built-in browser.
- Setup notifications to alert you when new articles appear in your feeds.
- Create rules to automatically like, read, tag, or hide certain articles.
- Filter articles by unread, today only, tag, or media type.
- Add articles to the Reading List for later.
- Use the built-in reading list or external services, supports Pocket, Instapaper, and Safari Reading List.
- Automatically find the most written about topics from your feeds during the last day, week or month.
- Load the full article content for feeds that don't include the full text in the feed.
- Multiple image, audio, and video attachment playback.
- 3 column layout on iPad with new sidebar, redesigned for iPadOS 14.
- Pointer support from iPadOS 13.4 onwards.
- Sync your feeds and topics, plus article reads and likes using iCloud, no additional account or login needed.
- If you have more than one device synced to the same iCloud account you can nominate one of them to be the ‘Primary Device’. The primary device is responsible for downloading new articles from your feeds, other devices will sync via iCloud. This can help preserve battery life on other devices, and improve sync reliability.
- Keep articles indefinitely, even when removed from the feed.
- Organise your feeds into folders using drag and drop.
- Choose custom font, size, spacing, alignment, and theme for reading articles.
- Supports RSS, Atom, and JSON feed formats.
- Integrates directly with Twitter to show you your feeds and tweets in one place.
- Updates feeds in the background.
Newsbite is free to use for up to 5 feeds, and has a premium subscription of £0.79 GBP per month to enable notifications, saved topics, and unlimited feeds. Prices may vary from country to country.
If you choose to subscribe, payment will be charged to your Apple ID account at the confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage and cancel your subscriptions by going to your account settings on the App Store after purchase.
- Fixed issue that caused the article content to be reloaded when the navigation bars were set to hide.
Ratings and Reviews
Great RSS feed reader
Really low cost subscription offering that competes in my opinion with big name rss solutions. Dev is very responsive to inquiries and makes regular updates to this product. Thank you!
Great RSS reader
Update: The app now syncs with iCloud much more reliably after recent updates.
Unique and well designed RSS reader. The dev is also extremely receptive to feedback. Great user experience overall.
I have had some trouble getting it to sync with iCloud, but I only rely on that as a backup of my feeds since I mostly read the news on one device.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Chris Jenkins
- 11.5 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2020 Chris Jenkins
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Premium $0.99
- Yearly Premium $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.