Avantis MixPad is an engineer’s mixing tool providing wireless mobile control for Allen & Heath Avantis digital mixers. It gives you the freedom to walk the room or stage and control the sound right where it is needed. Avantis MixPad and the Avantis mixer can work together to provide simultaneous control of independent functions, for example one engineer using the mixer to mix front-of-house sound, and another using the iPad to mix monitors on stage. Several iPads can be connected, each providing independent control.
Avantis MixPad is intended for working with the live mix and channel processing. Things you can control:
- Fader levels, mutes, pan
- Aux and FX sends, routing and Pre/Post switching - FX Tap Tempo, Global Tap Tempo - Matrix sends, routing and Pre/Post switching
- DCA masters and assignments
- Preamp Gain, Pad and 48V
- Trim and Polarity - HPF, Gate, PEQ, GEQ, Comp, Delays
- RTA function
- Channel names and colour - PAFL select
- Full signal metering
- Custom strips for personalised channel layout
- Scene Recall
- Library Recall
Avantis MixPad is not intended for system setup or memory access. The following functions are not available at the iPad:
- FX parameter control
- Input source, insert and output patchbay
- Channel ganging
- Aux source routing options
- Scene and Show memory store - Scene Recall Filters and Safes edit
- Signal Generator - Talkback
- System configuration, options and preferences
- User Profile management and permissions
An Allen & Heath Avantis mixer with a suitable wireless router or access point connected to one of its Network ports.
This version of MixPad can connect to Avantis mixers running:
- Avantis Firmware V1.20 or subsequent V1.2x maintenance releases.
- Avantis Firmware V1.10 or subsequent V1.1x maintenance releases, when the Firmware 1.1 compatibility mode setting is enabled. This can be found in the iOS Settings / Avantis MixPad. You will need to shut down (force quit) the app and restart it for changes to take effect.
Preamp library display
FX library display
Ratings and Reviews
Good App—Needs Improvement
We use the app extensively at my church. Fantastic app that saves a ton of time getting monitor mixes dialed in before a performance. As another reviewer said, one thing holding me back from giving more stars is that the app logs you out each time you switch to another app, making multi-tasking very difficult. Changing this would be my biggest request. The other feature that may need a firmware update to do is it would be nice to give a user control over Auxes only and not all mixes. This way no user other than the one at the actual console can accidentally grab a fader they are not supposed to.
Great app otherwise and the feature set is promising. Just some tweaks before I’m ready to give more stars.
Needs to be Faster/Versatile
App logs out every time the user leaves the app. Logging back in is too slow for functional multitasking. Either include FaceID, or in reality, there should be a timed logout of over an hour.
At the mic preamp UI, an indication as to what source the console channel is getting it’s signal from, whether SLink, Local Sockets, or other, would be really helpful. - I understand that many apps are not given the ability the change the source, but seeing that data would still be beneficial.
Instead of a double tap to MIX mix sends, a long-press. This would eliminate accidental double taps elsewhere on the screen, thus eliminating accidental mix adjustments for inappropriate outputs.
DEEP plugins UI’s would also be a great upgrade, perhaps eventual.
Workflow is thoughtful. There’s a lot of capability without being too overwhelming. The interface responds quickly.
Please allow more control over the console
Our old mixer was the Midas m32 and we could control every aspect of the console on the ipad. It even had RTA in the back round. I get this console has on been out for a year and their working on it. My one request would be allow more control and please please add the rta option in the back round. Keep up the good work guys
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Allen & Heath Ltd
- 21 MB
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015-22 Allen & Heath