Soundcraft ViSi Remote 4+
Harman Professional, Inc.
Designed for iPad
Soundcraft ViSi Remote 3.5.6 is an iOS application that allows remote control of Soundcraft Vi, Si Compact, Si Performer, Si Expression and Si Impact mixing consoles wirelessly from your iPad device using no additional hardware other than a wireless access router connected to the Harman HiQnet® Ethernet port of the console.
With ViSi Remote you are free to roam your venue and adjust mixes and other audio parameters directly from the iPad.
• Optimise the front of house mix from anywhere in the room
• Set mic gains and 48V from the stage
• Adjust monitor levels while standing next to the artist
• Adjust channel strip settings remote from the console
• Use to extend the fader count of an existing control surface
• Use in standalone mode for familiarisation with console functions
• Control a network of consoles (e.g. FOH and Monitor)
• Provide a separate surface for DMX functionality (Si Performer only)
• Allow multiple users on the same console to control their own mixes
• Have a global metering overview or “meter bridge” as an extension of the console
ViSi Remote 3.5.6 Console Minimum Software Requirements:
(Latest software is available on the Soundcraft website)
Si Impact: V1.0 build 0010 or higher
Si Performer: V1.6 build or higher
Si Expression: V1.6 build or higher
Si Compact: V3.0 build or higher
Vi1/2/4/6: V4.9 or higher
Vi200: V6.4 or higher
Vi400/600: V6.3 or higher
Vi1000: V6.3 or higher
Vi2000: V6.3 or higher
Vi3000: V6.3 or higher
Vi5000/7000: V6.3 or higher
Note: For Vi & Si consoles, the latest software listed above is needed in order to access the full channel processing and metering functions. Older software versions would result in basic functionality with fader, mute, mix and GEQ settings only.
ViSi Remote 3.5.6 iOS Compatibility:
iOS 8.0 or higher.
Note: iPad 1 devices are not compatible with iOS 8 and cannot use the ViSi 3.5.6 ViSi Remote App.
ViSi 1.2.4 is still available for iPad 1 users wishing to use the ViSi Remote App.
In order to be able to download version 1.2.4 for iPad 1 you need to have a download history on your App Store account, so it may be necessary to download the app to a computer first to create this before trying to download on the pre-iOS 8 device.
• Channel naming
• Input faders and mutes
• Bus, master LR and VCA master faders and mutes
• Channel strip settings, including:
- Mic Gain, Digital Trim and 48V
- Phase Invert
- HPF & LPF (LPF only on Vi consoles)
- Channel EQ with grabable parametric EQ curve
- Gate and Compression settings
- LR and Mono (C) bus routing
• Graphic EQs on all bus outs
• Channel contributions to each Aux Mix
• Channel contributions to each FX bus (Si consoles only)
• Mix contributions to each matrix bus
• DMX Masters (Si Performer Only)
Bug fixes for compatibility with iOS 12 & 13 (Pan bug fixed affecting Vi consoles only, added location services accept/reject in order to display WiFi SSID in app)
Ratings and Reviews
Harman needs to respond to us users
Ever since updating to si impact firmware 2.0 our venue has experienced freezes with the meters on a very consistent basis as well as occasional connection losses to the board. This makes the remote unusable in a live sound situation. Very disappointing that this hasn't been immediately fixed. Two different replies from soundcraft themselves one stating they were well aware of the glitch and the second denying there was any issues, then admitting it after email exchanges.
Additionally, mute group access is a must with a remote app where you are working a good distance from the stage during set up and use mutes to keep iPod music going while dialing in mixes on stage. Also at least tap tempo for delay fx would be smart.
And mainly where is the RTA? Almost every other mixer app has one. Why a $500 board and app and not a $2500?
Soundcraft ... listen to your users... we buy and use your products not your in house engineers and programmers!
Works well with newer iPads
I’ve been using this app on my SiExpression3 for several years. Metering was slow, sometimes my adjustments would not take on the console, when I had 2 additional users mixing their own monitors it would freeze on the oldest iPad in our group. Last year I bought a new iPad and router with mumimo support. What a difference. Metering is very smooth now. Even when I had 53 inputs over the holidays. I have 3 guys mixing their own iems on visi listen, and me using visi remote. Works great now. STILL the app lacks basics...NO MUTE GROUPS. NO ACCESS to ROUTING or other menu functions. Yes, I’ve worked on A&E dLives, SQs, QLs, Yamahas, plenty of others that have better apps. But for the price point, this works for me. If Soundcraft would open up access to the system settings and add a MUTE group feature in the app, I would give it 5stars.
My issue is. If i have piano on socket/fader 3 and singer on socket/fader 4, and I decide to remove piano from socket/fader 3, and put singer into socket/fader 3, then when I copy/paste fader 4 to fader 3 the app will see that the piano is gone but it still thinks singer is on fader 4. So when I adjust volume on fader 3 on the app It actually adjust fader 4 on the console. In other words I removed the piano mic from the socket. I then moved the singer mic over to socket/fader 3 on the console, yet the app still shows and operates socket/fader 4 and the mic had been removed from socket 4. We need mute groups and solo. How about a good walkthrough video on how to use the features of this app for those that are learning this for their church for example?
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Harman Professional, Inc.
- 51.4 MB
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Soundcraft by Harman