BEHRINGER X AIR iPad app for X18/XR18/XR16/XR12 DIGITAL MIXERS
X AIR allows you to control the mixing, processing and effects functions of BEHRINGER's X18, XR18, XR16, & XR12 Digital Mixers right from your iPad®.
X AIR Version 1.5 delivers simple and advanced control features for the X18, XR18, XR16 & XR12 consoles. The user interface is providing access to mixing 18 input channels to 12 buses and editing 4 internal stereo effects processors, with highest professional audio quality, yet hiding away most of the underlying complexity. Switching to 'Advanced' mode offers full access to many more parameters of Sends, Gate and Compressor sections, when needed. You may also use the application in demo mode for offline show preparation, when no mixer is available.
* Control all Levels for Inputs 1 – 18, incl. Preamp Gain, Low Cut, Phase, Phantom, Stereo Link
* Control all mixer internal snapshot memory, DCA groups, Mute groups and Automixing
* Full EQ Control – fine-tune the 4-/6-band parametric or 31-band graphic equalizers with RTA support
* Metering Overview – all levels at a glance
* Control bus send levels of input channels conveniently from their channel faders
* Detailed Preamp/Configuration, Gate, Dynamics, EQ and Bus Sends editing pages
* Full Effects editing GUI screens for all 61 internal FX types
* Gate and Dynamics offer either simple preset-based control or advanced, in-depth parameter control
* Create custom presets for each component of your X AIR processing, or entire mixer scenes on your iPad
* Control background music or stereo recording on USB drive with XR12 and XR16 mixers
X18/XR18/XR16/XR12 mixer firmware V1.15 or higher recommended
iPad with iOS 12.0 or higher
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Looks good but crashing when editing Vintage Room Reverb paramus
Just got a new XR18 and have been playing with this app on my 11” iPad Pro. Other FX work fine, but assigning the Vintage Room Reverb to any of the effects slots and hitting the icon to bring up the larger parameter editing UI crashes the app immediately 100% of the time. I had noticed the issue with the app in demo mode before the unit arrived, had hoped it would be better when actually attached to hardware! Guess I’ll have to avoid that effect for now 😕
No Regard for Working Musician's
It's incredible to me that Behringer has so little regard for working musicians who depend on their equipment for our living. To show up at a gig and have the app that controls your mixer simply crash is a performer's worst nightmare.
The app update disabled my older iPad without warning, which rendered the mixer entirely useless and threatened the entire show. Fortunately, when this happened to me a couple of weeks ago I was able to locate an old Mac and install X Air software to get through the show, but our sound guy was not familiar enough with the computer interface to make it work properly and we had some bad moments.
Guys, this is not a video game or a dating app. We bought this mixer because we need it to make a living. Now I have to re-evaluate our entire sound strategy, and this experience does not make me feel like Behringer is going to be a reliable choice going forward.
Left me stranded at a gig, longtime user, don’t update app
Like many of the other user reviews here, I have an older (4th gen) iPad and didn’t realize that an app update would not function AT ALL with the older iOS. It wiped all of my scenes that I had built over 3 years of gigging, running sound, etc. Wouldn’t even connect with my XR18. Very frustrated with Behringer and the lack of a heads-up, lack of support.
I’m a working musician and audio engineer, overall fan of the XR18 and the XAIR app has been good despite its bugs and basic workflow. Now I’ve been forced to purchase a new iPad, an unnecessary expense due to Behringer’s shortcomings. Unfortunately this will be my last Behringer investment — gotta take care of the working musicians that depend on a simple app update that doesn’t leave the folks behind that take care of their gear and make things last for years.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.