Founded by Dr. Louise Newson, balance app is the only menopause app certified by ORCHA and recognised as safe, accredited, compliant, and trusted to feature in digital health libraries for the NHS and other national health bodies around the world.
balance app is also Bionow's 2021 Product of the Year award winner, recognising best innovations in biomedical and life sciences.
Created with a single mission in mind, to make menopause support inclusive and accessible to all, balance app provides evidence-based information to help you become better informed, prepared and empowered during the perimenopause and menopause.
From the moment you sign in, balance app is personalised and displays medically approved content based on your goals, symptoms, interests, and previous interactions.
We’re proud to provide a safe space for our community of like-minded users who continuously connect, share stories, and support each other to break menopause taboos.
We’re here because we want to make a difference. We want to change lives across the world and make menopause an opportunity, not an ending.
Use balance app to:
• Understand more about your menopause with the help of expert medically approved content that’s tailored around you.
• Keep an eye on your symptoms and health with the help of the balance journal.
• Understand your treatment options in the review section, where others have shared their honest experiences of both HRT and alternatives.
• Prepare for any healthcare appointments you may have by downloading your own personalised Health Report©. Our ‘at-a-glance’ summary allows your healthcare professional to diagnose your peri/menopause more quickly and discuss treatment options with you.
• Track any changes to, or patterns in, your symptoms and health over time with the help of graphs to show you how things are going.
• Join experiments that have each been specifically designed to help relieve certain symptoms of the menopause.
• Share your stories and read others’, balance is a safe place to talk about this time in your life with people who understand. Here you can feel supported whilst also helping others.
Information that empowers women and helps to facilitate a quicker diagnosis and access to treatment should always be 100% free. If you choose to subscribe to balance+ for our additional features, you’ll help support our mission and keep the rest of balance app free, for everyone.
balance+ is world’s first medically approved health and wellbeing companion, tailored to the needs of perimenopausal and menopausal women.
Dr Louise Newson usually advises women to consider HRT to replace the missing hormones caused by the perimenopause and menopause. Then additionally, to consider lifestyle and wellbeing holistically as these are key to optimising future health.
With balance+, you’ll have unparalleled access to the best, hand-picked specialists and doctors in the menopause arena, all coming together to help you optimise your mental health & wellbeing, nutrition & weight management, sexual health & pelvic floor, sleep, physical health and skin & hair. Explore expert advice through videos, recipes, yoga classes and so much more.
Alongside personalising balance+ to truly unleash a happier and healthier you, you will have the opportunity to participate in live sessions with Dr Louise Newson herself! Covering a range of menopause-related topics, Dr Louise Newson will be joined by expert hosts and special guests to answer your questions.
At balance, we are committed to educating and empowering you to advocate for yourselves when you see your health professionals. With balance+, you can watch consultations with real menopause doctors and women with a variety of situations, to help you be better prepared for your own health appointments.
Read our terms & conditions here: https://www.balance-menopause.com/terms-of-use/
New and improved sign-up flow!
We have made a few adjustments to the onboarding process:
• To help our users get access to balance faster and get the most out of balance from the beginning.
• In our aim to be inclusive and to expand the research possibilities on perimenopause, menopause, and post menopause, we have included additional questions regarding sex, gender, and ethnicity.
Ratings and Reviews
Ground breaking App
This app helped connect me to others who have similar symptoms, concerns, and questions. I have personally used it to receive support, answers, and feel empowered to continue on, not alone. I’m grateful for the platform this app provides and also that it has the potential to reach so many more women who may be suffering.
Good but not there yet.
First off really good symptom tracker. But would make it better is allowing us to track what hrt doses we are on for the day. Part of helping to fix issues is to learn which symptoms are meaning low hormones or levels and which symptoms are meaning higher ones. A tracking area for labs would be great too.
Also would be wonderful for hrt method tracking to allow usa users to input their own Brand of hrt.
Women all over are waiting for an app to cover all those basis to help them learn what means what with their body and connecting the dots can be really difficult as high and or low symptoms can sometimes over Lap
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. Following feedback from our Balance community, we have only recently updated the symptom tracker to make it more user friendly for our community. It would be great to hear your thoughts and suggestions, please do email firstname.lastname@example.org. Many thanks, Stacy. Balance Team.
This app is a great resource for women who are struggling with perimenopause and menopause! There is a section where members review different forms of HRT & it shows you their results. It has some helpful articles. This is a new App, and will need some fine tuning but overall its a great start!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Sensitive Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Balance App Limited
- 48.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Balance App Limited
- In-App Purchases
- balance+ monthly $10.99
- balance+ yearly $98.99