An editor for Figma
Designed for iPad
Designed from the ground up, Figurative brings the desktop-class editor experience from Figma to iPadOS—ready to work with a Magic Keyboard, a trackpad, or a mouse.
• Custom fonts: All fonts available to iOS, including ones installed by you, are available to use with the Figma editor.
• Improved pointer and keyboard support: There's plenty of multi-touch gestures for zooming and panning the canvas. Fondle of your mouse? Scroll wheels welcome too. Unnecessary elements like the autocompletion bar are automatically hidden so they don't get in your way.
• Apple Pencil: Use your Apple Pencil to make selections, drag objects, and use tools.
• Touch gestures: Use your fingers to scroll and zoom on the editor. Made a mistake? Just tap with two fingers to Undo, or three to Redo.
• Touch Shortcuts: Delete, Duplicate, Frame, Group, and much more without a keyboard.
• Export: Large projects? Share and copy exported assets in a breeze from the share sheet.
A free Figma account is required to use Figurative. Figma is a registered trademark of Figma, Inc.
Thank you for using Figurative! This is a minor release that improves compatibility with iPadOS 14.
Ratings and Reviews
Great in a pinch
By far the best app for iPad -> Figma workflows. However, it’s still an iPad and it comes with heavy limitations. Working in enterprise anything more than a couple dozen screens slow the app to a crawl. Trying to open a huge design system file makes the app unusable (this is due more to RAM limitations than necessarily the app itself, but still a major negative).
Trying to place a photo crashes the app quite often, which is my primary aspect I would be using this for (transferring low fi sketches seamlessly between my adobe comp/sketch explorations to figma). That being said it does it’s job and does it fairly well and much more effectively than any other iPad app for this kind of market. If figma ever extends on the pen support for drawing (default size of pen brush and color, lines default to a group) you could have a great impromptu sketch board to draw and discuss design ideas.
Best option out there
It will take some finagling, but if you’re on an iPad Pro, you’ll need to open the context menu (3 dots, top right button) when the keyboard and touch commands stop responding, after using the pencil.
Sometimes you’ll have to use the stylus instead of touch for taps to register.
Despite the issues, if it wasn’t for this developer, we’d have no usable option, since Figma on web on iPad has no right click so you can’t delete layers, etc.
Amazing. Like, better than Figma on Mac.
I honestly only downloaded this app to use to make some quick edits to some designs when I was away from my Mac (I was really frustrated with the Figma site on Safari), but I never really expected how good this would be. It’s pretty much identical to the Figma Mac desktop app, but it works with Apple Pencil. Magic Keyboard support is incredible (trackpad gestures and keyboard shortcuts work identically to the Mac app), and I haven’t had any issues with plugins at all. It’s the same as on Mac, but with Apple Pencil. I cannot stress how great this is. The only minor inconvenience I’ve really had is with fonts not syncing properly, but that’s mainly just an issue on my end where I haven’t installed the Creative Cloud fonts I used on other devices.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Matias Martinez
- 1.7 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iPadOS 13.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Matías Martínez