SessionBand Soul Jazz Funk 2 – Kirk Whalum Special Artist Edition
Create studio-quality Soul, Jazz and Funk tracks to your own chords in minutes with this exclusive Kirk Whalum artist edition of the award-winning SessionBand app - the world’s only chord-based loop app.
Kirk Whalum is one of the world’s greatest saxophonists. 12-time Grammy nominee, Kirk has performed alongside some of the biggest names in music including George Benson, Luther Vandross, Quincy Jones, Larry Carlton and of course…Whitney Houston.
Kirk’s unmistakably rich, soulful and passionate tenor sax sound features on so many global hits including the best-selling female artist single of all-time…Whitney Houston’s “I Will Always Love You”.
For this special edition of the SessionBand app, Kirk is joined by 4 of the world's best session musicians: Jack Pollitt - Drums (Beyoncé, Pharrell Williams, Ed Sheeran); Tom Cawley - Keyboards (U2, Amy Winehouse, Peter Gabriel, Andrea Bocelli); Tommy Emmerton - Guitar (Quincy Jones, Al Jarreau) and Geoff Gascoyne – Bass (Sting, Van Morrison, Georgie Fame).
It’s our biggest and best app to date. Alongside pro features like automated mixing, auto-transpose, one-touch live recording and a range of export functions, there's a host of new tech features and upgrades like stunning channel FX, instant PDF chord sheets and 'Track Builder' to make your songwriting and track creation quicker and even more awesome.
With over 20,000 precision-cut, chord-based loops across 18 Soul, Jazz and Funk styles, the app instantly converts the chords you select into great-sounding audio - wherever you are and whatever your ability. Perfect for songwriters and producers and the ultimate play-along for Soul Jazz Funk instrumentalists.
Create professional Soul, Jazz and Funk tracks to your own chords in minutes. Everything you need to produce thousands of stunning royalty-free tracks.
Hear the results. Watch the video at sessionbandapp.com
The fastest way to create your own studio-quality music
• Pick one of 18 Soul Jazz Funk styles
• Choose your chords
• Stretch or shorten loops in seconds
• Build up your track in minutes with ‘Track Builder’
• Instantly hear your track across different styles and tempos
• Auto-transpose your entire track
• Add FX
• Mix your track (manual or automated)
• Adjust track tempo
• Record direct to audio
• Copy straight to other music apps
• Share with the world!
The ultimate mobile jam/practice tool for musicians
• Practice with your own world-class Soul Jazz Funk band
• Loop markers let you focus on specific sections
• Mute instrument channels as you like (manual and automated)
• Produce PDF chord sheets for the tracks you create...instantly
• ’Flip’ your track instantly across other styles and tempos
• Transpose your whole track instantly
You don't have to be a musician to create seriously good Soul Jazz Funk tracks and release them royalty-free!
• Simple, intuitive interface
• Audition the loop you are about to insert
• ‘Track Builder’ allows simple creation of a full track
Detailed Product Information
• 18 Soul, Jazz and Funk styles: Slow 6/4; Slow Shuffle; Stax Soul; Soul Sister; Gospel 6/4; Gospel Shuffle; Hip Hop Funk 1; Hip Hop Funk 2; Memphis Soul; Funky Drummer; Alicia 6/4; Blues Shuffle; Funk Factor; Super JB; RnB 6/4; Fast Funk; Motown; Tenor Cadenzas.
• Tempos from 80bpm to 150bpm
• 12 chord variations for every root note: maj; maj7; 11; 7; 7(b9); 7(#9,#5), min, m(#5); m6; m9; m7(b5); maj 'stop'
• 20 alternative drum grooves/fills in every style in addition to the main drum groove (excludes style 18)
• All loops recorded in Memphis, TN and Welwyn, UK
• The musical content in this app cannot be found in any of the other SessionBand apps
• All loops are offered royalty-free and can be used freely in your own works
Kirk Whalum appears courtesy of Mack Avenue Music Group
SessionBand Soul Jazz Funk 2 is now a paid-for app which includes all styles at point of purchase. Update includes minor bug fixes and latest Audiobus 3 libraries (3.0.12)
Ratings and Reviews
Vol 2 funk jazz Kirk
Great products enjoying this so much
Not bad but,,
Purchased Soul jazz funk 1 and 2 but they are completely separate and do not interact with each other. Version 1 is guitar and version 2 is sax. Would have been great together.
The chord vocabulary could be better. If you’re looking to cover some jazz standards you will find you are some chords short. A regular B flat for example. Every other kind of B flat but not that one. There are others missing also so a bit dissatisfied. There’s also a further $8.99 in app purchase to expand the loops which for an app that is already $8.99 ,,meh. So not great.
Quality Sounds —a few tweaks needed
I have several of the SB apps and the sound quality is outstanding! I have run into just one bug and have a request for an improvement. First the bug:
I solo, then save each instrument track for exporting so I can use in my sequencer. I noticed however, that the crash cymbals added in edit mode don’t mute when the drum track is muted. I can’t tell which track they are being stored on but it’s not the drum track.
Now, a suggestion: When you are in play mode and open the mixer, retain the location in the track when the mixer was selected instead of automatically rewinding to the very beginning. For instance, if you are at bar 85, selecting the mixer button automatically brings you all the way back to bar one and you have to remember where you were and swipe left to get back.
Other than these minor things, it’s a great app to get very high quality sounds.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- UK Music Apps Ltd
- 1.7 GB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 UK Music Apps Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock All Content $11.99