Skeletal Avenger 9+
A Skull-Chucking Hack'n'Slash
Designed for iPad
Head-Chucking Roguelite Dungeon Crawler Now With iCloud Support
Skeletal Avenger is a hack'n'slash roguelite with a massive perk arsenal and head-chucking special moves! Re-animate skeletons and use your fighting skills to avenge your own death!
- Build your playstyle each run with over 50 perks and trinkets!
Decapitate yourself to do special attacks: Your hat determines the effect
- Fight in four biomes: Dungeons, Sewers, Dark Caverns and the Sorcerer's Castle
- Over a dozen enemies with unique behaviors
- Explore procedurally generated & hand made levels
- Equip your skeleton with increasingly powerful gear
- Buy upgrades increasing your might
- Endless number of quests to complete in NG+ mode
- Test your skills in the Arena Challenges
- Added iCloud support
- Indicating existing controller support properly
- Performance improvements
- Updated App Previews
- Minor fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Wow, I was really impressed and really entertained by this rogue like. It has all the hallmark traits of a good action game. The difficulty is well balanced and fair. The enemies in the levels are also really interesting and unique enough with each other. Highly recommended.
Enjoying it so far!
Edit: updated to remove one star for a 4/5. This game runs rather fine on my old iPad Pro. Today I tried playing on my iPhone 11 Pro Max with default settings also using a controller and there were times of considerable frame rate drops. It seemed to be worst in areas with a lot of translucent walls. This is on the earliest levels too. I can imagine it wouldn’t be any better later when there’s a lot more commotion on screen. Also no cloud saves?? 🤔 Still a great game but I won’t be playing on my phone. I’ll stick to the iPad.
Original: I’ve acquired a few 10tons games lately and this was a day-1 immediate acquisition (and I will likely get it for Xbox too) that I did not hesitate about. I’ve played only one other roguelite dungeon crawler in recent memory that is great in its own right (albeit more expensive) and I was curious how Skeletal Avenger would stack up against that: in short, I’m impressed from the 2-3 hours I’ve played so far. The gameplay is smooth and fluid with just enough variety in equipment/perks/etc and general ways to “avenge” to keep it all quite interesting. I’m playing on iOS 14 with an iPad Pro 11inch second-gen and Xbox Series X controller, and will be playing on an iPhone 11 Pro Max with the Backbone One controller as well. I haven’t tried without a controller and I think it would be tougher, not sure. Anyway keep up the great work. I’ll update this review if needed as I dump more hours into it.
Just what I was hoping it would be, roguelike with good combat and perks/upgrades/trinkets etc. to spice up the gameplay. Add fire damage to your skull that u use as a ranged weapon, or cause electric damage when you dash..….that kind of good stuff. Highly recommend!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 10tons Ltd.
- 268.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 10tons Ltd 2020-2021
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.