Coding on iOS will never feel the same. Blink gives you the freedom to develop your own way. Anywhere.
Now with Microsoft Visual Studio Code* integration, you can code on local or remote projects. Always with a premium Blink experience: Never disconnected thanks to Mosh, SSH featuring tunnels, keys and agent, in a blazing fast terminal.
What the Blink community is saying:
“The way to use VS Code on the iPad” - programminglife.io
“In some ways, I prefer my iPad / Blink / Digital Ocean setup to coding on my Mac“ - TheVerge
"I have tried a number of terminals on iOS and this is really The One." - Twit.tv
“Connections still come up when I get back to a client project after a weekend off.“ - The Sweet Setup
What our users love the most from Blink Shell:
- Mosh connections that even survive a device reboot.
- Most complete SSH implementation on iOS.
- Code command for VS Code integration.
- Blazingly fast terminal and SFTP transfers.
- Includes Pragmata Pro with ligatures.
Blink Code integrates with VS Code:
- Code on local projects, or seamlessly on remote machines.
- Fully-loaded code editor.
- A coding experience fitted to your device, that connects to VS Code for web, GitHub Codespaces, GitPod or your own VS Code server.
Blink Shell has a fully loaded SSH toolset:
- SSH with PKI support: DSA, RSA, ECDSA & ED25519 keys.
- Support for Secure Enclave Keys and Certificates.
- Port forwarding with local, remote & dynamic tunnel support.
- SOCKS5 proxy for a private VPN.
- Agent Forwarding.
- Complete SSH Config file support.
- ControlMaster and pooled connections.
- Files.app integration for SFTP remote hosts.
- SFTP with copy-on-change.
Blink has been the leading developer tool in the AppStore for +5 years, so there is a lot more:
- External Display support.
- Legendary Hardware Keyboard support, even remap shortcuts and keyboard codes.
- Local & iCloud Blink Shell folders for Files.app access across devices.
- Host sync over iCloud.
- Link-files from other applications and work with them in Blink.
- Cool themes and fonts, and install your own!
- Smart Keys on SW Keyboard to navigate with touch.
- FaceCam command to create tutorials and streams.
- Bell notifications.
- Supports multiple windows and multiple tabs.
- Network & UNIX CLI tools, check our docs for more information.
Blink is open source software. Participate in our community, and don’t forget to leave us your feedback and your feature(s) requests. Enjoy!
* Blink Code is not affiliated nor endorsed by Microsoft.
Improvements on File System integrations:
- You can now edit/modify files on other apps that are exposed through the Blink Files.app integration. (Thx @aberrant)
- Fixed regression with CLI commands missing paths for remotes (#1412 thx @toby)
- Better tracking for event changes in Files.app UI.
- FileProvider to cancel ProxyCommand properly.
- Host key change type now displays warning and allows to add additional key (thx @rrgeorge)
- Fixed face am going off between app switches.
- Improvements on VS Code interface touches for code lenses.
Ratings and Reviews
Turns my iPad into a full Linux terminal
I've been using Blink for several years and it just keeps getting better and better. I consider it an absolutely essential app for my iPad Pro, where I use it to SSH into a Linux machine to have full access to Emacs. And using Mosh (instead of SSH directly) means that I can simply open my iPad at any time and my previous SSH session is still there, immediately ready for me to use. Amazing. The app developer(s) are highly responsive and take feedback seriously and their dedication to keeping the software open-source makes me more than happy to support this app. I'm not a fan of subscriptions, but I was more than happy to subscribe to help support future development. I'd give it 10 stars if I could.
Great app keeps getting better
I’ve been using Blink for a few years now on two different iPads. The price is well worth it for many reasons. Top reasons are things like turning on geo tracking to keep your ssh sessions active where you can’t use mosh, great ssh key management, and super-fast rendering of the terminals. There are others, but this is a good start.
The v15 update is really great. Adding in VSCode integration is wicked cool, and works really well.
To top it all off, the support from the developer is top-notch. I had an issue, submitted a github issue, and had a response within minutes (it was user error…). And just scouring the GitHub issue tracker, and seeing the activity from the development crew, is very reassuring.
Bottom line: I’ve tried a few different terminal apps with decent success. Once I purchased Blink, I uninstalled the other ones. It does everything I want, does it well, and probably does more than I use. Great app, great support.
Blink has changed my workflow
I started using Blink when I replaced my Macbook with an iPad Pro. Two+ years in and I'm convinced this is one of the better decisions I've made, primarily thanks to this great app. I can do everything I need to do with Blink and a remote server. The devs are responsive, the app is continually updated with new features, and the community is great.
If you live in the terminal, or want to, you owe it to yourself to try this app. It's the only app I use for hours every single day.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Blink Shell, Inc
- 57.4 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016-2022 Blink Shell Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Blink Shell Classic $0.00
- Blink Plus $19.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.