Jayson is a simple yet powerful JSON viewer and editor with Siri Shortcuts, Share Sheet Actions and URL schemes.
- Browse JSON files stored on your device.
- Toggle between viewing JSON in a table or as syntax highlighted text.
- Tabbed interface to quickly switch between files or different objects in a single file.
- Use multiple splits to easily compare JSON documents in a single file or across multiple files.
- Multiple windows on the iPad allows for even more options to browse and edit JSON documents.
- Parse text or the contents of a URL in your clipboard to JSON.
- Siri Shortcuts that parse JSON from a text or a link stored in your clipboard. The shortcuts can open the JSON in the app or preview it in an interactive notification.
- Share Sheet Actions for parsing JSON from plain text, loading JSON from a link and importing files as JSON.
- URL schemes for parsing a text, loading the contents of a link as JSON or parsing the contents of your clipboard.
- Choose a location on your device to store imported files.
- Highlight a key from a child of an array to quickly get an overview.
- Short videos that help you get started with the app.
Features that require the "Unlock Everything" in-app purchase:
- Switch between light and dark themes.
- Changing the visual appearance, including the app icon, accent color and type icons.
- Opening more than two tabs.
Fixes an issue where the list of breadcrumbs weren't correctly updated after selecting a breadcrumb. This was also the root cause for a common crash.
Ratings and Reviews
I Am No Longer Afraid of JSON
All of Simon’s apps are genius and wholly unique, but Jayson will always have a special place in mine own heart as the single application which finally killed my phobia of JSON, in general. It is by far the most elegant and intelligent means of manipulating JSON dictionaries I’ve ever seen on any platform. I’ve worked with both the iOS and macOS apps, now, and both are - dare I say it - a genuine joy to use. BUY!
I love this app!
I’m a power user of Shortcuts and (more recently) Scriptable, and on many occasions I need to work with JSON responses from APIs. This app is a lifesaver. It completely takes the guesswork out of the process of figuring out what keys I need to use to retrieve the data I need. I don’t know what I would do without Jayson. Bravo!
I like it so far
Can you view two different arrays on the same split? I feel like you should be able to… side by side is enabled in landscape… but it seems again only for the same array. You can drag and drop one though to a different position so it’s almost there, assuming I’m not just missing how to do it.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Simon Stovring
- 29.8 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Simon B. Støvring
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Everything $1.99