Scriptable is an automation tool that enables you to write scripts that integrates with native features of iOS such as files, calendars, reminders, documents and much more.
With Siri Shortcuts you can present images, tables and more in Siri as well as making Siri read out loud a text when you run a script from a Siri Shortcut.
There's a growing gallery of scripts to get you started with Scriptable.
Here’s a few examples of scripts you can create:
- Ask Siri whether a web service is down.
- Create a widget that shows data from your weather station.
- Postpone the next event in your calendar half an hour.
- Check what is currently on TV.
- Manage a list of movies you would like to watch.
- Upload files to an image optimizer and store a URL to the optimized image.
- Receive a notification with the weather report every morning.
- Create todos with prefilled data in your favorite todo app using URL schemes.
- Auto complete of variable names, functions, keywords and properties as you type.
- Create your own widgets. Your scripts run on the Home Screen without needing to open the app.
- Siri Shortcuts enabling you to present images, tables, websites, HTML and more in Siri as well as making Siri read out loud a text.
- Support for input and output parameters in Siri Shortcuts.
- Easily schedule rich notifications to run your scripts periodically.
- Work with files and directories from third party apps using File Bookmarks.
- Synchronise scripts to all of your devices using iCloud Drive.
- Assign one of over 800 glyphs and a color to a script to easily identify it in your directory of scripts.
- Run scripts directly on your Home screen using widgets.
- Run a script by 3D touching the app icon.
- Run a script from a share sheet and process the inputs.
- Schedule notifications and run a script directly from a notification.
- URL schemes enabling you to run scripts from other apps.
- Support for x-callback-url enabling advanced integration with other apps that support x-callback-url.
- Export and share scripts.
- Example scripts helping you get started creating your own scripts.
- Extensive documentation for all the native APIs you can use in your scripts. Available offline in the app and online on docs.scriptable.app.
- View the documentation in a separate window on iPad.
- Support for dark mode.
- Customise the editor to your liking.
- New: Scripts in the gallery can now be shared with a link.
- Bugfix: A few layout issues in the gallery have been fixed.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best iOS interface I’ve ever seen
Theirs is truly no app that can compare to the sheer number of ways to interact with iOS on Scriptable. I was skeptical at first with this app because theirs so many useless apps for programing on the App Store and this one is 1000% better than the best I’ve seen. Seriously this app doesn’t cost a dime and I’ve been using it for the past couple of days and not ONE ad has opened, its amazing! Not to mention the possibilities with this app you can create timed notifications check sites. And best of all you can basically add Siri functions to your phone. Nothing else truly compares to this app if I could I would give it more than 5 stars.
The Greatest Pair for Siri Shortcuts
There’s a few quirks here and there, but they’re only graphical, so your content is all safe and sound (from my experience so far). The documentation is 10/10, and the example scripts are wonderful for new comers with all the comments!
More features would be awesome, so I look forward to what is up next for this app.
I just tipped the dev a caffe latte (the best in-app purchase I’ve ever made), but I wish I could give them a handshake for an app well done 🤝
Best Automation App!
Scriptable has a ton of nice features: A clean UI (settings, dark mode, log), extensive documentation, and a ton of custom APIs written just for iOS.
With Apple’s recent iOS/IPadOS 14 update came the ability to create widgets with Simon’s beautiful ListWidget() api. No other app that I know of can do that.
Those were the Pros, and the Cons are.... well... hmm... well, guess there are no cons. 🤷♂️
Also, since Scriptable is free, there is really no reason not to download it. So go download it!
- Simon Stovring
- 20.1 MB
- Developer Tools
Requires iOS 14.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2018 Simon B. Støvring
- In-App Purchases
- Small Tip $0.99
- Large Tip $4.99
- Medium Tip $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.