Control Panel for Twitter is a Safari extension to improve your experience on Twitter.com by adding new features and options Twitter is missing.
By default, your Home timeline will be the chronological "Following" timeline, which will only contain tweets and quote tweets from the people you follow. The algorithmic "For you" timeline will be hidden, and Control Panel for Twitter will keep you on "Following" if Twitter tries to put you back on "For you". Everything is configurable, so start by opening the extension options and customizing to your liking.
• Defaults to the "Following" (chronological) timeline, and keeps you on it if Twitter automatically switches to the "For you" timeline
• Hide the "For you" timeline tab (default)
• Move Retweets to a separate tab (default), or hide them entirely
• Move Quote Tweets and replies to them to a separate tab in the Home timeline, or hide them entirely
• Hide Retweets in pinned Lists
• Hide tweets quoting accounts you've blocked or muted
• Mute quoting of specific tweets - adds a "Mute this conversation" menu item to Quote Tweets in the Home and List timelines
• Hide the "Home" heading
• Hide the floating "See new Tweets" button
• Hide "Who to follow", "Follow some Topics" etc. in the Home timeline and elsewhere
• Full-width timeline: hide the sidebar and let timeline content go full-width on Home, Lists and Communities
• Replace X branding changes
• Hide Views under tweets
• Hide the "Verified" tab on the Notifications page
• Replace Twitter Blue checkmarks with the Blue logo so they're not as easily mistaken for verified accounts, or hide them altogether
• Hide Twitter Blue replies in threads
• Hide Twitter Blue upsells
• Hide Subscriptions
• Add "Add muted word" to the "More" menu
• Fast blocking - skips the confirm dialog when you try to block an account
• Hide Retweets in user profiles
• Default to "Latest" tab in Search
• When viewing a tweet's Quote Tweets, hide the quoted tweet to make more room for quotes
• Disable use of the Chirp font if you don't like it
• Disable bold and italic text in tweets
• Use the site's normal text font style in the primary navigation menu to make it less distracting
• Change the navigation menu density to make it take less room
• Use normal font weight in dropdown menus - if everything's bold, nothing's bold
• Uninvert the Follow and Following buttons to make them less jarring
• Choice of monochrome or themed (classic) styling for uninverted buttons
• Hide metrics
• Reduced interaction mode: hide the action bar under tweets – replies are now the only means of interacting
• Disable the home timeline: find yourself wasting too much time on Twitter? Try preventing use of the home timeline, going to Notifications or Messages by default instead
Remove algorithmic content
• Hide "What's happening", "Topics to follow" etc. in the sidebar
• Hide Explore page contents and use it only for searching
• Hide "Discover more" algorithmic tweets when viewing a tweet
Hide UI items you don't use
• Bookmark button under tweets
• Share button under tweets
• Analytics links under your own tweets
• Hide navigation items you don't use, and other distracting screen elements such as the Messages drawer
• Hide the bottom nav item for Messages on mobile if you don't use it often
• Hide items you don't use in the "More" menu
Please note: Twitter will sometimes make changes we can't anticipate which break Control Panel for Twitter functionality, but we have almost 4 years of experience in quickly turning around fixes and adapting to new Twitter features.
TWITTER, TWEET and RETWEET are trademarks of Twitter Inc. or its affiliates
• Added an option to also restore the Retweets and Likes links under the focused Tweet
• The "View post engagements" link under your own tweets is now hidden when Quote Tweets or Retweets/Likes links are restored
• Fixed hiding the Subs tab on verified profiles which hide their likes
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn’t work with full screen
I bought this to support the author but be aware that it doesn’t work for Twitter as a PWA (add to home screen), which makes it a lot less useful especially on smaller devices.
Kinda wish that it was a WebView with this added in instead of an extension, so you could have it as a separate icon and app.
Not Sure What's Happening...
Being able to scroll through Twitter on my iOS tablet without any of the unnecessary utilities or foolish decisions being made by you-know-who has been a blast. However, the extension has been unable to allow me to browse through Twitter on Safari without going kaput after a few minutes. I'm not sure if the extension needs to be updated or if this is a problem with Safari itself. Either way, I would like for this issue to be resolved as soon as possible. Otherwise, this app has been a godsend ever since I purchased it.
P.S. Might I suggest shortening the name of this app to "Control Panel"?
UPDATE: Not only are retweets currently being featured in the "Following" tab, but promoted tweets are visible when they shouldn't be. I don't know if this is the Twitter API fighting back, but this is ridiculous.
Developer Response ,
Twitter made a change to the site which broke Control Panel for Twitter's timeline features - this has been fixed in version 3.8.1
Makes the site usable
I cannot express how nice this little extension is. Twitter has become a complete garbage heap, but Control Panel allows me to hide most of the trash. Well worth the money.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jonathan Buchanan
- 3.7 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.14 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Jonny Buchanan
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.