Leave your laptop behind. Enjoy the freedom to work from anywhere.
Jump Desktop is a powerful remote desktop application that lets you control your computer from your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. Compatible with RDP, VNC, Jump Desktop is secure, reliable and very easy to set up.
Easy setup and reliable:
Jump Desktop is very easy to setup; anyone can do it! Just visit: https://jumpdesktop.com on your PC or Mac, click the ‘Automatic Setup’ link and follow step-by-step instructions. You’ll be up and running in no time.
Secure and built on open standards:
Jump Desktop is a RDP and VNC client. You don't need to download additional software if you already have RDP or VNC configured and know the address of your computer. Just enter your IP address or hostname to connect.
* Works with almost any computer and operating system
* Supports a physical mouse! Exclusive feature on the App Store! Important limitation: Jump Desktop does not work with standard Bluetooth mice and requires a specific Bluetooth mouse that pairs with iOS
* New Fluid Remote Desktop protocol supports high performance remote desktop
* Easy and secure setup: Automatically configure your PC or Mac for remote access using Wi-Fi/3G/LTE without worrying about your router settings. Setup as many computers as you like – there are no limits!
* Built for iPad Pro, iPad, iPhone and iPod
* iPad Pro features: Full support for split-screen multitasking and Apple Pencil
* Protect your server settings using Touch ID
* Connection syncing via iCloud connection syncing
* Advanced Bluetooth keyboard: The best bluetooth keyboard support on the App Store. Shortcuts, function keys and arrow keys - everything works. Also includes macros for keys no available on bluetooth keyboards (i.e function keys)
* SSH tunneling with password and public key authentication supported
* Supports large custom screen resolutions and VGA/HDMI out
* Full mouse support via touch gestures: left, right and middle button clicks, dragging, scrolling, precision pointer movement
* Multiple gesture support - includes the ability to draw or write using your finger
* Copy/paste: Transfer text to or from your computer using the pasteboard
* HDMI/VGA external monitor support: View your desktop on an external monitor using a cable or AirPlay. Jump Desktop will let you utilize you external display as a true monitor (not as a mirror like other apps on the store). Exclusive feature on the App Store!
* Multi-core rendering engine makes Jump Desktop one of the fastest RDP and VNC engines on the planet
* Full support for Linea and Infinea barcode and MSR scanners. Includes support for E2E encryption.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Audio streaming and remote printing are NOT supported when connecting to Mac OS X and PCs running Windows ‘Home’ edition.
* Supports RD Gateway
* Supports custom resolutions. Set any resolution you want including Retina resolutions.
* Dynamic RDP resolution updates on Windows 8.1+
* Remote printing: Send print outs from your computer to your iPad/iPhone device (exclusive RDP print redirection feature on the App Store!)
* Drive redirection
* Audio streaming
* Console sessions
* International keyboard layouts
* Multiple monitor support on Windows 7+
* Multi-touch redirection support on Windows 8+
* Tested with Mac OS X, TightVNC, RealVNC, UltraVNC, Linux (Ubuntu Remote Desktop)
* Secure: Supports SSH tunneling as well as SSL encryption
* Black & white, gray scale, 8, 16 and 24-bit color to help optimize bandwidth
* Multiple monitor support
* Macs: Support locking the Mac's screen and syncing the pasteboard
This update adds tons of new features. To learn more and see the new features in action tap the settings icon -> 'What's New'. Here's an overview:
* Dynamic resolution switching for Fluid connections: Jump can now update the remote resolution to match your local device's resolution and orientation.
* Wake-On-Lan for automatic connections: Jump will try to wake up your remote machine before connecting (there are some limitations here though)
* Better keyboard compatibility with games and 3D applications
* Horizontal scrolling support.
* Synchronize automatic connection names
* Physical keyboard improvements
* External screen improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Back to being useful 😃
I had been using this for probably years when suddenly a problem with the URL launches setting window sizes stopped working and all windows were sized to the iPhone screen resolution. I had reported the problem which took a long time to get fixed but it's finally fixed and I can once again go back to using Jump Desktop as my preferred RDP client. I was so sick of using another client that didn't function the way I wanted but it honored all URL variables and sized appropriately so I reluctantly used it until this was fixed. I'm very happy that Jump Desktop is now fixed!
I access hundreds of servers with a separate client that manages credentials but connects via URL launching and changing the means to which I manage those connections and credentials just wasn't an option. Thank you guys for fixing the problem! 👍
Developer Response ,
Hi Tim - we do care about this feature. I tried the following URL with 8.0 and it worked as expected for me:
Would really appreciate it if you could get in touch with us to help us figure out how to reproduce the problem you’re hitting: email@example.com . Want to make sure this is fixed for you.
Now I CAN leave my laptop behind! There is no hyperbole in this comment. I set up a VPN on my home network and complement it with Jump. I have installed it on my iPhone, iPad, Mac Mini, and MacBook Pro. I use it to connect to my desktop (Mac Mini) when I am away from home. I also use it from anywhere when I connect to my Ubuntu file, and network servers, and any one of my Ubuntu Virtual Box VMs. It is a proven winner for me using RDP, and VNC protocols. Since I have access to my home desktop, I can do my remote software development work without having to be stuck at home. The only downside is that I occasionally lose connections. This may be due to weak WiFi or when my OS goes to sleep, I don’t know. But it is super easy to re-establish the connection manually. I think I spent $10 in the App Store and is totally worth it. I compared with several RDP apps which are either free or for a fee (including the remote desktop from the software giant) before I committed to Jump. Jump is definitely the better value on all platforms.
Finally an RDP app that supports Mac and Windows!!
I bought this app 5plus years ago and it only supported Windows. It’s by far is the fastest app to connect to remotely even better/faster than Microsoft’s built in client. Now I for something to connect my Mac remotely and I ended up circling back to this app. The RDP sessions with Mac is really some and has hardly any lag time. Another thing I noticed was the ability to switch between multiple desktops on my Mac which was awesome because even the Apple Remote Desktop can’t change multiple desktops so I am super excited about that function being incorporated into this app. The developer really didn’t an awesome job by add the Mac to the equation and that feature alone. This is definitely my All-in-One app for remote access to all the Windows and Mac systems.
- PhaseFive Systems
- 96.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Phase Five Systems
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.