8player Pro is a universal multimedia application for your iPhone, iPad and Apple TV.
8 years in the App Store, 500 000 Pro users, more than 200 updates... and it’s just the beginning! Join in!
With 8player Pro for iOS you can:
• Play media files from DLNA / UPnP, SMB, FTP, Google Drive and Dropbox servers, as well as local videos, music and photos;
• Control media files playback on your DLNA players (renderers) and Chromecast devices;
• Download media files from DLNA / UPnP, SMB, FTP, Google Drive, Dropbox servers to play them offline;
• Create and edit music playlists inside the app;
• Connect to your DLNA / UPnP servers remotely via mobile Internet or from any other external network*.
• Play media files from DLNA / UPnP, SMB and FTP servers;
• Use 8player Pro as a DLNA / UPnP renderer.
• Video (including subtitles): avi, mkv, mp4, mov, mpg, vob, wmv, m4v, asf, flv, ogg, 3gp, divx, dv, dat, gxf, m2p, m2ts, m2v, moov, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, mpv, mt2s, mts, mxf, ogm, ogv, ps, qt, rm, rmvb, ts, webm, wm etc;
• Music: flac, mp3, aac, alac, wav, aif, wma, ac3 etc;
• Images: heic, jpeg, png, gif, bmp, ico, tiff etc.
* You can find information on remote access setup at: http://08software.com/products/8player/remote
• Operation with Chromecast devices improved
Ratings and Reviews
Does what it says on the tin
Just got the app to access my DLNA server. It found the server straight off and connected easily. Went to my audio folders and was excited to find (unlike with several other apps), a) it automatically created a playlist of the folder from tapping one song in the folder, and b) I could adjust how the folder was sorted, including the most important, NO SORT. Why do so many apps ruin a perfectly good playlist by forcibly resorting it alphabetically? My one complaint so far is that my audio files have gorgeous high res album art, but 8player shows crappy pixelated images that would look at home on an 8-bit gaming console. What gives?
Best network media player I’ve seen so far for iOS and Apple TV.
This app is not perfect, and at the same time it is the best one I’ve seen that has a version for both Apple TV and iOS. I use it to connect to JRiver media server and it works better than JRiver’s own remote app. It also lets you download files directly to your phone from your network. Something about the video playback quality is not as good as VLC Media player so I use that for video and this for music.
Best DLNA player I’ve used on iOS
I really love 8player as it has a simple and intuitive interface and plays everything from my home server via DLNA with ease! Whether I use my iPhone, iPad or AppleTV - I have a consistent and pleasurable experience!
Their support is also excellent. I had a question on the Apple TV version and they responded really quickly.
Overall great product and great support. I’ve removed all other players and this is my go to media app!
- Oleksandr Smeshkov
- 80.8 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, French, German, Russian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2019 8soft
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.