Golf GameBook is a free, social and easy to use digital golf scorecard app for every golfer.
Join a community of over a million other golfers to keep track of your scores live with the best golf app in the world. Use GPS maps to plan and measure your shots on over 42 000 courses in over 200 countries. Collect statistics, analyze and improve your game. Arrange competitions, choose from 25 game formats including team formats and enjoy the live leaderboards. Keep up with your friends with the best-in-class social features like social feeds, content sharing and global challenges.
All that and much more for FREE. For those looking for extra stats, multi-group tournaments, private game mode and more, you can subscribe to our Gold membership starting at only $25 per year.
** FREE FEATURES **
DIGITAL GOLF SCORECARD
- Correct playing handicap for every course according to WHS rules
- Create rounds for up to 4 players
- Easy scorekeeping and real-time leaderboards
- All your rounds stored in one place
COURSE MAPS, GPS & RANGEFINDER
- GPS rangefinder to see the course map and get accurate distances at all times
- Use GPS to measure your shots for each club
- Find or discover the nearest golf courses to you
- Insert scores, get distances, check the leaderboards and collect stats
VERSATILE GAME FORMATS
- 25 different game formats including skins, match play and a number of team games like scramble and better ball game modes
- Side game option allows competing both individually and in teams
- Fun contests like longest drive and closest to pin
STATS AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
- Stats are automatically stored in stats section
- See your game improvement over different time periods
- Hit it to the left, right or center off the tee? Stats will tell you
- GIR, number of pars, eagles, putts and so on
- HCP group comparisons
- Add friends and upload content to your feed for them to see
- Your photos, videos and posts stored in your profile
- Notifications and friends on course feature allow you to see how your friends are doing and comment their round
- Compete against other golfers by participating in frequently changing Challenges
- Global leaderboards for each Challenge
- Win amazing prizes from top brands
THE BEST SERVICE
- From golfers to golfers
- Get help quickly
- Courses added and updated on daily basis
** GOLD MEMBERSHIP FEATURES **
- Gold membership allows an ad free experience
- Make your rounds invisible to anyone
-Make golf more fun by creating your own tournaments and events with live scoring for 200+ players
- Track even more details about your game with penalties, bunker shots, chip shots, up and downs, bunker saves, first putt distances & where you missed the greens
- See your hole specific statistics on every hole on the courses you have played previously
- Compare your statistics against your friends and see who is the leader in different categories such as fairway hits, putting & green hits
- Want to avoid the left rough on this hole? Always pick too little club? Hole notes remind you so you won’t repeat the same mistakes
GOLD MEMBERSHIP & PAYMENT INFORMATION
Golf GameBook offers three Gold Membership subscription options of varying durations (1 month, 6 months and 1 year) & prices. All options give you same full access to Gold Membership features. Your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of current subscription period. You can manage your subscription through the iTunes & App Store settings or your iTunes account.
Suggestions, issues with the app or a missing course? Our support team is happy to help you at email@example.com
-You can now add friends using QR-codes. Test it from the Home screen!
-A lot of small improvements here and there
Missing a course, or you have ideas or suggestions, feel free to drop us a line or two:
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been using this app for many years now and continue to love it. Being able to setup multiple games/groups and provide live scoring during the round is where this app is best. Whether it’s during our normal weekend group or on my annual golf trip, the live leaderboard quickly enhanced the in round experience so we knew who was leading, etc. Being able to share your round with others who aren’t playing is neat too. Plus, when I have had questions, they quickly responded. Keep in mind the time difference as I live in the US.
To me, the only two minor downsides of this app revolves around the Leaderboard and Game Formats.
Leaderboard - the only way someone can follow your round is if they download the app. This app had the ability to send a link so others could follow the round/tournament using their internet browser/app vs having to download the Golf Gamebook App. I understand that getting the app downloaded is the ultimate goal for the owners but for those who never play golf, trying to give them instructions on how to follow the round becomes a pain.
Game Formats - they pretty much have every game format you would like. The only suggestion I would make is having the ability to edit the specific scoring for Stableford or allow you to setup a Match Play Game and Stroke Play Game at the same time.
Good app, UI could use a smidge of work
Some functionality is a little unintuitive but overall a solid app for playing different variants of games, especially if everyone has a verified handicap.
I do wish it were easier to change your handicap without having to go all the way into settings. With the newer system having the index change after every round, it’s a little cumbersome to change and easy to forget to do it.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback! We totally agree with you and our design team is working hard to make the app more intuitive. We know which functionalities are most used and we are going to make these more prominent for our users in the future. Have a great golf season 2020! :)
Just a few more improvements would bump me up to giving the app a 5 star review. For starters, the new update doesn’t allow for a 5 man group. In the previous version it was allowed. Secondly, when managing multiple groups and attempting to click and drag a player to another group, it doesn’t allow you to drag the player to a group that happens to be off the screen. For instance, there’s 6 groups of golfers with only 4 of the 6 showing on the screen. I’m not able to move a player from group 6 to group 1 because the screen won’t allow you to drag the player off the screen. Lastly, there needs to be a way to have multiple side games instead of only 1.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- GameBook Oy
- 152.7 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, German, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2011 GameBook Oy
- In-App Purchases
- Gold Membership $6.49
- Gold Membership $35.99
- Membership $2.99
- Membership $19.99
- Gold Membership $26.99
- Holiday Offer $19.99
- Membership $14.99