Take your grand piano with you anywhere. Glide across all 88 keys. Customize your key labels. Tune and transpose your piano with ease. Record and share music with friends. View real-time score notations and control various settings with Real Piano Remote, a separate app that can be downloaded for free.
Real Piano produces authentic grand piano sound quality that was sampled from a real grand piano. It also plays guitar, bass, harp, marimba and music box. The full length of the 88-key keyboard is accessible during play with touch-to-slide and pinch-to-stretch functionality. The huge feature set offers something for everyone – amateurs, professionals, songwriters, teachers and students.
• Realistic instruments, including grand piano, guitar, bass, harp, marimba and music box.
• Full 88-key keyboard that you can smoothly slide and pinch to move and zoom during play.
• Dynamic expression controls, including position-based or tap-force detection.
• Different keyboard layouts and customizable key labels: C-D-E, 1-2-3 or do-re-mi.
• Various professional tuning and transposition tools.
• Audio effects support for unique sound production.
• Recording and sharing via e-mail, Facebook, SoundCloud or iTunes.
• Game Center achievement integration – earn usage and skills-based achievements.
• Display touch points when connected to an external screen or projector.
• Connect with the Real Piano Remote app for remote control on a secondary device.
With Real Piano Remote, you can see the notation of what you are playing in real time, quickly and easily adjust a variety of settings from a separate screen, and even use your secondary device as a sustain pedal (touch with your hand or foot). Real Piano and Real Piano Remote must be running on separate iOS devices connected to the same Wi-Fi network or via Bluetooth.
Enabled both types of Grand Piano sound.
Ratings and Reviews
I needed to find a piano app to check melodies while going through study scores on a flight to Europe and this app was perfect. Sure, the quality of the piano sound could be improved as well as the EQ options but this served my purpose perfectly and didn't have a bunch of annoying ads popping up, as do many of the other piano app choices. I hope this app keeps evolving...it's in the right direction.
Every version just keeps getting better and better. I took piano lessons from 1st grade through middle school and I really like some of the features that have made the app more realistic. Unfortunately, as someone else mentioned, there is only so much of the actual experience that can be placed in an app for this kind of device. Regardless, perhaps consider some more piano key arrangement settings. Personally, I think it would be great if there was one that automatically sets the size of the keys to be the same as on a real piano. Just a suggestion.
This is my daughter’s review of the app:
I really like this app because I get to play the piano and it works very well. I really enjoy it. It is a lot of fun.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cookie Apps, Inc.
- 233.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Cookie Apps, Inc.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.