Close-up, a daily photo journal for your face.
Close-up reminds you to take a photo of yourself each day and lets you make time-lapse videos or GIFs. Photos can be backed up and synched using Dropbox and geotagged with Foursquare.
Close-up 2.5.2 fixes even more small bugs from 2.5. Notably video file sizes should now be much smaller, closer to what they were before 2.5.
Close-up 2.5 contains a bunch of improvements to video creation and sharing!
- Share shortcuts in the video creation screen let you quickly share to popular services!
- The timespan picker is now available right in the video creation screen! Making videos from a particular timespan has never been easier.
- You can now make videos at 29, 30, 31, or 60 FPS (even faster than before).
- Improved video quality and more predictable video file sizes.
- You can now choose to create videos in the new HEVC format in Close-up's settings, doing so makes smaller videos but those videos may be incompatible with some apps.
- Polished the video screen’s speed picker, it’ll no longer settle on the wrong speed sometimes when releasing it.
- Fixed bug in Facebook video sharing.
- Reorganized Close-up's settings screen to be a little more sensible.
- Fixed a bug causing photo thumbnails to be too small on the iPhone Max and Plus-sized phones.
- Updated home screen shortcut icons for iOS 13.
- Made completing in-app purchases faster and more efficient.
If you like using Close-up we'd love to hear! Please leave us a quick review on the App Store or follow us at @CloseUpApp on Twitter.
Ratings and Reviews
Been using CloseUp for at least 3-4 years now and have never been let down! The Dropbox integration is a great feature since I’ve switched phones a few times and never had to worry about local backups. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it would be cool to be able to have more than one set of photos. So maybe you can have yourself and then a separate one for your child or partner, or even for multiple children. Just an idea 😉
I Really Love This App
I have been using this app for more than two years now and absolutely love it! I have changed phones twice in this time and getting the photos back was the easiest thing. I have literally zero issues with this app and just want to let you know how amazing it is. I used to just take daily selfies on my phone camera but obviously never managed to make a video with them and now only use your app. Thanks.
Great app with great customer service
I used the Everyday app for years, but it started getting buggy, and I couldn’t get support. Close Up actually got in touch to recommend their app, and I’m so glad I tried it. Great features, excellent customization on the photos, reminders, and videos. PLUS they provide instructions on how to move your old photos from Everyday into Close Up, so you’ll still have your full history. Sweet.
- Timothy Johnsen
- 8.2 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2019 Tim Johnsen
- In-App Purchases
- Video Sharing $0.99
- GIF Creation $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.