Close-up, a daily photo journal for your face.
Close-up reminds you to take a photo of yourself each day and lets you make time-lapse videos or GIFs. Photos can be backed up and synched using Dropbox and geotagged with locations from Foursquare.
This version of Close-up is built for iOS 14!
- Saving photos to your device now uses iOS 14's add-only photo library permission.
- If you enable iOS 14's approximate location access while geotagging a photo Close-up shows a list of nearby recent venues and cities/neighborhoods, and pre-selects search so you can find locations more quickly. There's a new button that allows you to temporarily grant Close-up precise location access.
- You can now swipe to remove venues you've recently visited from the geotagging screen.
- The camera is now paused shortly after you capture a photo instead of when you complete saving the photo.
- A shortcut to share videos to Twitter has been added to the video screen.
- This version of Close-up supports the upcoming 10.9" iPad Air.
- Many performance improvements have been made throughout the app.
- Fixed a bug where recently used locations could be occasionally cleared.
- If you use the closeup://camera URL, you can now specify a "x-completion" parameter URL that will be invoked when capture is completed.
- Close-up will only suggest shortcuts if you have daily notifications disabled. You used to possibly be double-notified because of this.
If you like using Close-up we'd love to hear! Please leave us a quick review on the App Store or follow us at @CloseUpApp on Twitter or Instagram.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love every bit
I used the app Everyday to create a transformation video since 2011. For the past few years I’ve been worried about it not being updated and finally decided to make the switch to a new app. This app is wonderful and creates an amazing user experience from the moment I started with it. It offered to help me transfer all my old selfies from Everyday (no small task as I had 2807 already). Within an hour I was all set up with Close-up. Couldn’t be happier. I love the ability to choose different time periods for creating videos and the fact that it’s so easy to see how long the videos will be and change FPS. Are there things I would change or add? Sure. But overall this is an incredible app and it improves on another I’ve loved for years.
Developer Response ,
Happy you’re enjoying it!
Been using CloseUp for at least 3-4 years now and have never been let down! The Dropbox integration is a great feature since I’ve switched phones a few times and never had to worry about local backups. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it would be cool to be able to have more than one set of photos. So maybe you can have yourself and then a separate one for your child or partner, or even for multiple children. Just an idea 😉
I Really Love This App
I have been using this app for more than two years now and absolutely love it! I have changed phones twice in this time and getting the photos back was the easiest thing. I have literally zero issues with this app and just want to let you know how amazing it is. I used to just take daily selfies on my phone camera but obviously never managed to make a video with them and now only use your app. Thanks.
- Timothy Johnsen
- 4.1 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2020 Tim Johnsen
- In-App Purchases
- Video Sharing $0.99
- GIF Creation $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.