Professional share portfolio manager and stock tracker.
Portfolio Trader is a sophisticated stock portfolio tracking app for iPhone and iPad, providing in depth analyis of your share holdings and other investments. As both a powerful portfolio manager and stock tracker, Portfolio Trader provides the ability to track and analyse multiple portfolios and multi-currency positions, across a variety of Profit & Loss views and chart options.
Complete stock trading and share portfolio management for the professional trader or the casual investor.
- Multiple Profit & Loss (P&L) views including: Price, Value, Daily Gain and %, Unrealized Gain, Realized Gain, Total Gain and %, Avg Cost and Cost Basis
- Simple swipe or tap navigation between views
- P&L views at all levels - position, portfolio totals and all portfolios
- Individual charts for each instrument across a variety of time ranges (available in full screen)
- Portfolio history charts with comparisons against major indices and other instruments (both MWR and TWR)
- Heat Map display of price changes
- Support for holdings in multiple currencies, including within the same portfolio, with instant rate conversions and totals
- Support for GBP holdings quoted in pence
- Multiple transaction types - Buy, Sell, Dividend, Dividend Reinvestment, Capital Return, Split
- Integrated portfolio cash account
- Manual trade entry or bulk import from PC
- Automatic pricing updates (not all fund instruments supported)
- Option for manual pricing
- FIFO or Average Cost accounting methods
- Multiple sorting options
- Optional iCloud sync between devices
- Portfolio Import/Export feature for importing large portfolios directly from a local PC file
- Touch ID / Face ID / Password lock
- Multiple color schemes
- Supports iOS 9 and above
A comprehensive stock portfolio tracker for iPhone and iPad.
Contains In-App Purchases.
- Minor fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic portfolio tracker
I’ve been using the full version of this app for a couple of years now. I love how simple and intuitive the core tracking functions are. It just works, unlike pretty much every other portfolio app out there. It’s been perfect for tracking multiple portfolios.
Developer response to issues can be a bit slow sometimes, but I get the impression it’s just a few people running this thing. It’s understandable. And once I do get a response, it’s personal, direct, and thorough. It’s clear that they genuinely care about the quality of the app and the individual user experience. I recently had an issue that boiled down to a bug in the app. The developer got back to me with a thorough explanation and confirmation that the bug had been addressed in the next update. That’s awesome customer support in my book.
A couple of things I’d like to see in future updates:
- more dividend tracking information like growth comp charts.
- I’d like to see charts moved to their own tab and fleshed out a bit.
- horizontal orientation support is great to have, but usually information is cut off by the notch. I imagine this is already being addressed though.
I've tried a number of different programs to track investments and this one is, by far, the best. I like the fact that I can add notes to each holding if I want. The features are pretty simple to use once you play around with it a little. I also like the fact that I can view holdings I've sold and at a glance can see if I made the right decision to sell. The percentages and gains are noted and are updated in real time and being able to set up as many different portfolios as I want is a great feature. I highly recommend this app and it's well worth the $15.
Great app but there is room for improvement
Let me first begin by saying this is a great app and it certainly an effective tool when you paper trade as much as I do. There are a few options though I believe it needs to make this a great app.
1. Within each portfolio created within the app, there should be a way to look up a symbol without scanning the entire list.
2. Along with looking up the alerts or within the alerts section there should be an alert for when the stock reaches a particular RSI
3. Within the portfolio views there should be an option to see the RSI and other metrics pertaining to each stock
4. There should be an option to be alerted for trailing percentage drops in price. This could be used for tracking trailing stop losses.
5. There should be a way to add multiple symbols to a portfolio without having to add one at a time, perhaps a spread sheet - like option to add multiple symbols to a portfolio, this would save time when building a portfolio or multiple portfolios.
All in all, its still a good app and it has helped me tremendously , but these little improvements would make it more powerful.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Purescope Pty Ltd
- 48.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Purescope Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Edition $1.99
- Pro Edition $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.