Music Player - Platinum Album (Platinum for short) is an alternate music album player with a unique style and features for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad (universal app works on all your iOS devices). Interact with your albums in ways you haven't been able to before and gain a whole new appreciation for your music collection.
• Play or shuffle songs from any album, artist or playlist
• Shuffle albums while maintaining the order of tracks in the album
• Wall to wall album covers
• Album Size option (3 sizes on iPhone, 4 on iPad)
• Play and volume controls with AirPlay support
• Swipe from the left edge for options and actions
• Swipe from the right edge for your playlists
• Tap albums for track list, tap a song to play in album queue or play/shuffle whole album
• Tap and hold any album to drag and drop to play or shuffle
• Full screen cover art with gesture-based play controls
• Search for songs, albums or artists
• Mark playlists as favorites
• 3D Touch Home screen actions (requires 3D Touch device) including up to 2 favorite playlists
• Reload albums
• Album Size
• Order albums by artist
• Show/hide iCloud music
• Show/hide status bar
• Share what's playing
• Rate/Review app in the App Store
• Send feedback (via email)
• What's New
Tap the album art on the Now Playing bar for the full-screen cover art.
COVER ART GESTURES
• Tap to hide/unhide controls
• 2-finger tap to play/pause
• Swipe left for next track
• Swipe right for previous track
• Swipe down to hide cover art
• Tap and hold on right of screen to seek forward
• Tap and hold on left of screen to seek backward
(this list is also available on the cover art page in the app)
All information about your songs, albums, artists, playlists is read from your iOS Music Library. Any changes you make to your music library will be reflected in the Platinum app. Some changes are reflected automatically, such as playlist changes. For other changes, such as adding/removing songs, you can perform a Reload from within the Platinum app.
Please keep in mind that because Platinum uses the iOS's music library and its playlists and because certain music library actions are not available to 3rd party apps, you will not be able to perform some actions from within the Platinum app (but you can perform them from within the Music app itself if you need to). These include:
• Adding/removing songs to the library
• Adding/removing/editing/renaming playlists
• Updating album art
Please leave your feedback from within the app or via a review and let us know how you like the app and what else you'd like to see added!
Improvements with search
Ratings and Reviews
This app displays your album art beautifully, even better than iTunes the way it opens up. It took me a moment to find the controls they are located on a slide out menu on either side of the screen. There are more features to choose from on this program. The program will only accommodate what you have created in iTunes already however. You can also change the album art to larger incremental sizes! Even better than the initial display is the presentation of the album art while you are playing your music. You can open it up full size while you are playing music. This looks absolutely awesome on my 12" iPad Pro! Once I downloaded the app and gave it permission to access my my music it immediately grabbed it and opened right up...Fantastic app...I love it!!! Kudos to the developer!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the kind words! Please try the latest update, it has a lot of improvements, including more full screen album art modes. I hope you continue enjoying the app.
Always been my favorite Album player
Glad this one is still around and renewed to the current system changes, with additional functionality.
Great addition to the enjoyment of your personal album library and friendly Tec support:)
Very worthy alternative to Music app
Album art...I canNOT see it on Apple’s free app!
Crazy to squint at a tiny album image where a tap should zoom it. But the total lack of album art support by Apple can at least be overcome in part by Platinum’s full screen front cover view.
It just makes sense, right.
Other features of this app are fun too, but its search function would be better if it grouped my selected results for viewing of albums as well as it organizes them in a text list.
Still, it’s a good app, playing me some A Grande now. Talent.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the kind words and for the suggestion. Please try the latest update, it has a lot of other improvements.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- CHRIS PAVLOU
- 5.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2022 Chris Pavlou
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.