Go Map!! lets you create and edit information in OpenStreetMap, the free crowd-sourced map of your neighborhood and the world. Add shops and restaurants, streets, cycling and hiking paths, buildings, lakes and rivers.
• Quickly add points of interest
• Edit nodes, ways and areas
• Track your location and heading
• Create and resolve Notes
• Supports arbitrary tag values
• Full undo/redo support
• Work offline and upload your changes later
• Bing, Mapbox and Mapnik backgrounds, or customize with your own
• See who last edited an object and when
• Find other mappers nearby
• Search for places using Nominatim
• Free! No ads or in-app purchases
For more information visit www.OpenStreetMap.org
Free registration and acceptance of the OpenStreetMap licensing terms is required to upload your changes.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* Updated translations, presets, and name suggestion index
* New Yes/No switches for boolean presets
* Multi-Combo presets (such as "Diet Types" are now presented in prettier and more compact manner
* Various bug fixes
* Drops support for iOS 9
Ratings and Reviews
Great, easy way to update OpenStreetMap on iOS!
I’ve been performing more and more OpenStreetMap edits of late, but I work exclusively from my iPad Pro. I can do most of my edits in OpenStreetMap’s own web-based iD editor, but there are certain things which are cumbersome, some that only work if you know the keyboard shortcuts, and yet others that are impossible (dragging nodes).
Then there’s Go Map!! It can do everything that I need: create & modifying nodes, lines, areas, tags, notes, etc. Node creation can take some getting used to, but it’s identical to creating tracks in other iOS mapping software such as Avenza, so really no big deal. The UI could use a tiny bit of polish, but it’s free, and I haven’t found anything that doesn’t work correctly, so it still deserves 5 stars.
If you want to update OpenStreetMap data for pleasure or profit, definitely get this app, arm yourself with the link to the OpenStreetMap wiki (for reference to any tags which might not be natively supported, plus general best-practices), and go map!
The best OSM editing app
If you want to share your local knowledge this is the best way to add all those features that the majors ignore (bicycle parking, country paths, shortcuts, etc). Two tips: I’ve found the ‘Editor with Aerial’ option is easiest to work with. Also, long press the GPS arrow to pull up a search option so you can quickly locate an address. Go Map!! is efficient and somehow free; by making it easy to add and update we all benefit from better maps
This app does its job, could be better though.
This app does what it says. You can map and add tags to multiple places in OpenStreetMap map in a user friendly interface. However, it’s design looks somewhat unprofessional, and sometimes unorganized. For example, if you mark a place that accepts reservations as “Not Accepted”, it will show up on the editor as “No”. As well as the fact that if you get uploading errors, you will manually have to edit the xml yourself. It’d be nice if they had a conflict system in the app.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bryce Cogswell
- 56.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Croatian, Finnish, French, German, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2012-2020 Bryce Cogswell
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.